VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Emma: Life Paths [v0.1] [AliceVn]

1. 2.00 star(s)

tannerjd2007

Once again another game promising choices that matter and unfortunately it's basically just kinetic novel with a couple choices to watch a bad end if you want, but so far not a single choice that actually matters.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

N0madS0uL

Renders are good, story/plot non existent, content is little and can only be seen in the different endings, which as you are warned are actually bad endings, but if you want to see any lewd they you need to take those endings.

The endings just don't feel very good in terms of sexual encounter or experience for the player, forget the MC.

Not sure about this one to be honest, I would wait until it has some more updates...
  3. 5.00 star(s)

HikenNoAcee

excellent game.

render
    character design.emma so innocent and sexy
    storyline

but i wonder how dev could improve storyline. because most of people waiting for sex scenes we saw all..

maybe dev think about escape plan for her and we can see her adventure.. but with this good faith of her, someone will abuse and fuck her :sneaky: :D
  4. 5.00 star(s)

DracoBorealis

The MC is cute but not loli, the beginning is bit more original than usual new girl in big american city shtick and there are already two hot paths if you play game ''wrong'' I am not fond of hiding sexy parts behind the ends but it works here, reminds me of this game with hitchhiker.

Also no forced lesbian content, pink hair and furfucks a rarity nowadays, game might be a bit better compressed though.

5/5 so far (0.1)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

77cacalavaca77

I loved this game.
    The character is very well developed and she is beautiful.
    For a 0.1 version it has a lot of content, with great renders.
    I like the story a lot too, in the style of the "Choose your own adventure" books.
    Keep up the fantastic work, congratulations.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

timbukalso

This review was written for version 0.1.

The game is structured as a branching visual novel. If you're the type to agonize when presented with options, you'll likely appreciate this game:
    • The only choices in the game are for major branches in the narrative; you won't waste your time trying to make a choice only to discover that it had trivial impact.
    • There is a built-in system for returning to the previous fork when you reach the end of the story along one path.

Indeed, both of these aspects are described in the introduction of the game.

Emma has good emotional depth, a little better than average for the genre. She has compelling, if simple, goals. She has believable emotional responses to the events in the story. She experiences some emotional trauma, but isn't psychologically shattered by it. So, if you're looking for a story in which a woman is gang-raped, but experiences some physical pleasure, you've found it. If you're looking for a story in which a woman is tortured to the point of psychosis, look elsewhere (and maybe get yourself some help).

The English is comprehensible, but if you can't handle grammatical errors and translated idioms, you'll be in for a rough time.

Here's a sample from the start of the game:
    But it is hard, and I notice him many days sad and depressed.
    He wants to get money so we can live in the city and I can go to the university.
    These years I have been studying here, on my own, with my Dad's help.
    The visuals are are very good:
    • The images hit and reinforce the emotional beats in the story.
    • The posing is usually very good, and excellent in many cases. The faces and eyes have been posed very well, effectively conveying the emotional states of the characters and matching the narrative.
    • The perspectives chosen for the images are dynamic, maintaining a feeling of tension appropriate for the ever-present peril facing the protagonist.
    • The lighting is very good, without being artistic. The lights are natural, and consistent, preserving immersion. Important elements in the screen are clearly visible. Day and night have distinct feelings.