Ren'Py - En-Fem-E No. 9: The Factory [Final] [Silk Savannah]

1. 4.00 star(s)

DerArius

the factory is better than the previous game but unfortunatly is it short. i know it is a demo but u know :censored:

i hope it will be more updates for this game and not every time for every update a new game xD
  2. 1.00 star(s)

NoWay Jose

OMFG!!!

You have to sit through unskippable titles and animations for minutes. Then you get asked one question, you give one answer, and the game is over??? With no warning??? Fine, so we'll just restart the game. Again, unskippable crap that you've already seen, which goes on forever, before you're back to where you were? Any time you want to do anything, you have to endure some CLUNK-CLUNK-CLUNK walking animation. Again, you can't skip or speed up this crap. Okay, so the dev wanted you to choose a particular choice. Fine. Next decision? Choose one, and you go to point B. Choose the other, and you...go to point B? The only difference? A point of some kind or another. Dunno what for--you're never told, although I guess it's for doing what the dev wanted you to do from the start.

The MC has absolutely no agency, whatsoever. You lose if you don't demean him at every stage of the game. Because after "training," you get thrown into some mini-game where the rules make no sense. And if you've resisted the "training" (consisting of the usual trope sissy images and videos), you can't finish, and you're stuck without a way out. If you do manage to find a way out, then it didn't make any difference what choices you made before you got there. So, what was the point?

Once you're out of the factory, you go through the same mind-numbing set of animations that are pointless, time-consuming, and boring any time you have to travel anywhere. You can't skip it, so you start to dread having to go anywhere. The combat system for the mini-games makes absolutely no sense at all. It's all random, no matter what you do.

And don't get me started on the nightmare-inducing character models used in this, er, game. Overall, the game looks like it was made in the mid- to late-90s. Think Leisure Suit Larry, except without the humor. Or any sexual gratification.

The first "game" was mildly interesting and showed some promise. It was a little short and suffered from the same lack of MC agency, but I figure that's what sequels are for. But this isn't a sequel. If anything, it's a bad, singular rendition of a particular kink that's not well-designed or -implemented. If the dev wanted to make a (terrible) B-movie, they should have done that. Since there aren't any choices (you either perform a particular set of steps or nothing), it might as well have been a kinetic, linear story and have been done with it. Pointless clicking to perform mundane tasks, then tapping your fingers on the table waiting for the pointless animation to finish. I gave up after an hour of these pointless activities. This "game" is not fun, not sexy, and certainly not entertaining in any way, shape, or form.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

cantpickaname

As it is, the game is ok and that's not a bad thing.

Reasoning:
    -1 ⭐ for pacing and UX
    -1 ⭐ for lack of choices

Animations:
    As mentioned by other people, the pacing and user experience needs work. The game has many animations that it uses as transitions from one scene to the next. These animations have a slow wind up and I think all of them are unskippable. I found it infuriating to be forced to sit through them. Especially the getting in the car animation.
    The speed of walking should be increased and cancelable ideally.
    Fade to black and back in again should be faster for my taste.

User Experience:
    Opening your inventory sometimes breaks flags that an animation has finished and breaks some UI elements. So don't open your inventory while stuff is happening.

Lack of real choices:
    The game lets you chose to sign a contract or not. If you refuse you die. Shortly after you're told that you're special. That does not make me feel like I am special. Instead it makes me think of the author of the game, breaking my immersion. The lack of player agency clashes with the way the game presents itself. It wants to make you feel like you are controlling the character and can do whatever you like when in reality you just have to sit through the animations that trigger whenever you click anything just to realize that that's not what the game wants you to do at that time. So. Either remove the rails a bit or do away with the unnecessary clicking. There are a couple of things that you can effect. But doesn't seem like it changes much.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Uncledad

The author has never learned how to play games without bugs and lags. The plot sucks. The scene loads for a minute. And this damn interface that doesn't disappear during scenes. It's horrible. Why finish the game if you can rivet a bunch of the same type of boring "new" games.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

jaswm

I downloaded (itch.io) and finished the full game. I very much enjoyed it. The game is very linear. More of a graphic novel with a few puzzles (not that there's anything wrong with that), but quite enjoyable if this is your genre.

The downs were the animation sequences that you have to endure. For example, every time you leave the apartment there's the get in the car and drive away sequence. Good for extending game play but then scenes like the feeding machine are only used once. Also, some things like the click rate you have to achieve for one of the mini games is ridiculous.

The author obviously spent a lot of time on the art. I thought the renders were good and the time in training wasn't grindy. Several hot scenes could have been repeated in the game play, like the gloryhole, but the author chose to only use them once.