Onhold encountering a random bug or issue with my mega downloadings?

Lewdhunter32

Sep 24, 2020
image_2023-11-15_212334912.png

I have been having some random issues with Mega as I usually wait on my downloads as everyone else normally does. This suddenly starts happening to me as I was waiting for a game to appear in my downloads, but no, this popped up after I noticed it. When I clicked on the save button, it randomly sent me somewhere else from the image above and started requesting a decryption key, even though there wasn't one that I could use. So am I having a random issue that is happening only to me, or are there others that are also experiencing the same issue? I also checked on disabling the ad blocker with Opera GX to make sure it wasn't causing issues, but I'm still getting randomly generated encryption key requests. Could anyone help me solve my issue?

image_2023-11-15_212747595.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
When I clicked on the save button, it randomly sent me somewhere else from the image above and started requesting a decryption key, even though there wasn't one that I could use.
Mega links carry two information: mega.nz/file/fileID#decryptionKey and mega.nz/folder/folderID#decryptionKey
It's generally transparent because the links are shared fully (it's the case on this site). But sometimes they are just partly shared, voluntarily (to ensure that only the given persons will be able to download the content) or not. When it happen, the site will ask for the missing part.

So, firstly, ensure that the link have effectively those two elements, and that you copied them entirely, without forgetting some of the last characters.

The decryptionKey part is something local that is supposed to be used only on the client side. Mega site rely on Javascript to get by itself the said get once the page is loaded on your browser, and use it during the download process. Therefore it's also possible that there's an issue with this part of their implementation.
Mega have changed their code that week, and like "all browsers act the same" is the only lie bigger than "no, I don't want french fries", it's possible that the new code have some issue with Opera.

The solution in this case is to copy the said decryption key, without its leading "#", and past it when asked for it. This should be enough for the download to starts and works as expected.

Lewdhunter32

Sep 24, 2020
Mega links carry two information: mega.nz/file/fileID#decryptionKey and mega.nz/folder/folderID#decryptionKey
It's generally transparent because the links are shared fully (it's the case on this site). But sometimes they are just partly shared, voluntarily (to ensure that only the given persons will be able to download the content) or not. When it happen, the site will ask for the missing part.

So, firstly, ensure that the link have effectively those two elements, and that you copied them entirely, without forgetting some of the last characters.

The decryptionKey part is something local that is supposed to be used only on the client side. Mega site rely on Javascript to get by itself the said get once the page is loaded on your browser, and use it during the download process. Therefore it's also possible that there's an issue with this part of their implementation.
Mega have changed their code that week, and like "all browsers act the same" is the only lie bigger than "no, I don't want french fries", it's possible that the new code have some issue with Opera.

The solution in this case is to copy the said decryption key, without its leading "#", and past it when asked for it. This should be enough for the download to starts and works as expected.

Yeah, I've been taking the highlighted part, which I thought was the key. As someone pointed out, that part is the encryption key, which I thought I could use for the decryption key if my browser doesn't have the full link. But mainly, I was trying to use that when the decryption key request pops up and just either keeps refreshing to the point where it's asking for it again or it sends me to where I put save to mega.

image_2023-11-16_061555239.png

as they also said to me that the letter/numbers behind the # was the file im trying to get

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But mainly, I was trying to use that when the decryption key request pops up [...]
Okay, I did something simple, I used the link myself. After a bit of struggling because "l" and "I" are identical in the screenshot, I achieved to access the file ; .
And I had no problem to download it, both when having the decryption key directly as fragment, and when entering it when asked by the page.

So the issue come from your side, and it's probably an incompatibility between the new version of mega interface, and Opera. Either due to Opera itself, or to its current configuration.

Lewdhunter32

Sep 24, 2020
Okay, I did something simple, I used the link myself. After a bit of struggling because "l" and "I" are identical in the screenshot, I achieved to access the file ; .
And I had no problem to download it, both when having the decryption key directly as fragment, and when entering it when asked by the page.

So the issue come from your side, and it's probably an incompatibility between the new version of mega interface, and Opera. Either due to Opera itself, or to its current configuration.
so its probably best that i eiter use chrome or firefox for my mega downloads?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
so its probably best that i eiter use chrome or firefox for my mega downloads?
Well, unless it's linked to your OS (what I doubt but it's still a possibility), I guess that yes. At least it works with Firefox, it's the one I used for the test.

Mageymag

May 30, 2023
View attachment 3090517

I have been having some random issues with Mega as I usually wait on my downloads as everyone else normally does. This suddenly starts happening to me as I was waiting for a game to appear in my downloads, but no, this popped up after I noticed it. When I clicked on the save button, it randomly sent me somewhere else from the image above and started requesting a decryption key, even though there wasn't one that I could use. So am I having a random issue that is happening only to me, or are there others that are also experiencing the same issue? I also checked on disabling the ad blocker with Opera GX to make sure it wasn't causing issues, but I'm still getting randomly generated encryption key requests. Could anyone help me solve my issue?

View attachment 3090522
Use another browser, like chrome and you can download just fine, I think it's just Opera since I had the same issue, I switched to chrome to download and I could download just fine

BATFRE

Mar 31, 2018
Yeah, I've been taking the highlighted part, which I thought was the key. As someone pointed out, that part is the encryption key, which I thought I could use for the decryption key if my browser doesn't have the full link. But mainly, I was trying to use that when the decryption key request pops up and just either keeps refreshing to the point where it's asking for it again or it sends me to where I put save to mega.

View attachment 3091213

as they also said to me that the letter/numbers behind the # was the file im trying to get
I'm experiencing this bug too, have you found any solutions?

Rexal

Feb 22, 2020
Try using Jdownloader2, copy paste mega link to the Jdownloader2 Linkgrabber (or crawling from clipboard also works).
It's also more convenient when you want to download many files from mega.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
It's kind of a shot in the dark, but see if things improve when:
- you turn on/off the free VPN built in Opera (that's its most peculiar feature)
- you browse mega.nz in incognito mode (a guy says it works)