RPGM - Completed - EP Battle Girl [v1.09] [Fuyou]

1. 2.00 star(s)

dudibudi

Review of v1.09

You are a normal schoogirl but the suddenly the time stopped? Or did jus the color of the world change I dont know, here a some unindentifable creatures you need to kill.

Cons:
    -The Pixel art is nice but there is serious lack of sex in this sex game.
    -The sex animations take way too long and arent skippable. You almost dont want to engage in sex with others because you dont if you will like the animation, if not open the game in window and watch a video until your scene is done. Not very gamey.

Pros:
    +I liked the tutorial with just hints and pictures. Better keep it basic and fun. This also counts for the lack of a "story" where I have to read a lot before even jumping into the action.
    +The gameplay is good for its simplicity.
    +The pixel art is good.

Depth was not to be found and with some more sex scenes motivating me I could see myself playing through it, but the amount of work you have to do for what you get. Its just not worth the effort or time.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Ononi

At first glance Battle Girl seems bland,confusing and weird but give time and its one of the better hgames out there.

Pros

-Tons of kinks.
    -Many scenes to see which are animated (pixel art and not great,not bad type).

Cons

-Can be very confusing (but discussion has a lot of help).
    -Boring at the beginning.

2 Pros can be seen as low but belive me when I say it really has A LOT to give if you are patient.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Bun5643

This game is obnoxiously opaque. There is zero information for anything, outside of where the next world is located. You can't even see where you are on the mini-map.

One review mentions that there's no grinding. No, there is tons of grinding if you want to get into the fun sex stuff.

Another review mentions the town turning into a big fuck fest? I guess you have to lose a lot if you want that to happen. I was purposefully walking into traps, giving birth, climbing into sex machines - and the only thing I could do in town was have sex with an old guy.

There are so many different kinks in this game too, but none of them matter. One world is very corruption focused, and the second you're out of there your character's back to her bizarre, vacant, gormless stare. Nothing affects this girl! Even when I got assaulted in the woods, she's just like:

⊙_⊙

It's this weird lack of permanence that makes it feel like nothing you do matters. Maybe if it showed 'number going up' I could say "oh, number go up when I cum for the 20th time". But no, unless you're close to an orgasm you're just S T A R I N G . And it's weird, right? Like, there's so SO little information in this game that even the main character is expressionless. That's too on the nose! Too literal.

Anyway, I'd give this 3 stars (all the kinks, and what few fucks scenes I saw, were very very cute) but it loses 1 star because in the Gold Maze, there's no boss, and it doesn't tell you. It just sends you back to the start and unless you leave you have no way of knowing you completed the world. Fuck you, Gold Maze!!!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

LeruArt

i like the devs games so far, with this one being one of my favs from said dev!

i like how much content there is, whilst having so much secrets and extras, its brilliant! Just one tiny thing tho, can i run? please? its a pain going dead slow (tho now i think about it...maybe thats done to not make you run off and run into enemies and dangerous places on maps?...)

5/5, would play again whenever i have the chance!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

ShamusForSmut

Swirling through the gutters, I happen to find a rather pixelated gem floating through the refuse. Upon inspecting it I find that it unfortunately is almost beautiful, almost perfect, but is full of many cracks, glares, and spacks that may make a person toss it right back.

Before we get in, I'll say this as a bias, I pretty much gave into dl'ing a full save after about 20 hours of gameplay. I was probably 70 percent of the way through, but I threw in the towel and decided that even with a great premise, a man can only take so much in trying to get the crank. Take that as your first warning as other reviews point out, as this gem is great for what it is, but it takes a H O T minute to get to the good stuff. This is the mother of all slow burners for a corruption game.

Anywho, as always I'll try and be as honest as possible with what comes.

You play as a random girl that suddenly happens upon Magical Girl powers, and through this you discover that there is a separate dimension leaking into ours that causes that good ol' fashion lewd corruption (sound familiar?). In that, you go in, defeat whatever boss the rift has, which then purifies the rift so that society can keep on the keep on. The twist is that to access even more lewd rifts to keep on the magical girl grind, you have to also grind for EP, which at this point might as well stand as erotica points. You on paper, have to become lewder to access more lewd rifts so that you can combat the lewd basically.

For the psychos other players that like a virgin run, there are alternatives to get EP points that don't require anything sexual, but for those that do love the sexy grind, that's essentially the mainstay for the game.

So that's the premise for the game, as for the actual game part, most of it takes place in both an overworld as your regular kinda gal, with the ability to switch to a mirror-world version of it through an ability to turn into your magical girl self (essentially a lewd upside down world, this is how you sniff out rifts). Also, when you switch to said mirror world as a magical girl, either people don't recognize you as your regular self, leading you to do lewd things that your peers wouldn't know about, or they're just shadow versions of themselves that aren't your regular peeps. Irregardless, the more corrupt you get the more you don't need to switch to the mirror world to chase down lewd scenes, the MC just embraces her inner sloot openly. Thus, this overworld is basically just the main hub for chasing down rift points within it's city, while scene chasing in it as well, depending on how corrupted you are.

The dungeon part is when you get into said rifts and go through what amounts to masochism. The levels at first start off nice, you go from one simple scene as seen on the main page to the next through smooth level transitions. You fight rift raft, dodge (or not) erotic traps, and eventually fight a boss. You have a health bar that gets either pummeled by enemies if you get hit by them, or gets chipped away like a stamina meter every time you kill one, if it reaches zero, you get lewded and sent back to the beginning of the level. Rifts themselves are in three parts as you can't save within one, you have the beginning, the middle and the boss (end), all which unlock their own teleport at the beginning of the rift. It sounds simple on paper but there's a major hurdle that this game has.

The levels, as said by other reviews, are mazes. And it dives in deep on the whole maze fiasco, considering that at some point, you will have to memorize door sequences, go through constantly looping segments trying to find the right teleport and/or portal, and slog through ever increasingly challenging enemies. This starts to really stretch out the game, in all the worst ways.

On top of this, there are sometimes ambush parts of the maze (where most of the time you will get a save before then), where you have game over ghosts. These game over ghosts basically kill you back to your previous save without any lewd scene. Why they're there I have no idea but it is very annoying when you do encounter their sections.

All of this combined gets incredibly tedious, as you'll be spending more on trying to figure out where to go, avoiding the GO ghosts, and how to progress in these mazes than actually enjoying what this game does right, corruption over time that isn't just focusing the MC, but the town as a whole.

That in the end is what kept me playing (til I caved for the save), as the more you go through the rifts, the more the premise actually starts to reveal itself. In spite of most games where if there is corruption taking over a town, usually the MC is the only one that gets the short end of the stick on facing that, this time though, as you progress more and more through the story, you start to see the town fall into sexy shambles. People start banging each other openly on the street, wearing a shirt isn't cool anymore, it's fine to have open gangbangs in class and so on and so forth. You're not the only nymphomaniac prowling the streets anymore.

But to get to that beautiful part of the game and witness not just the fall of the MC but the town as a whole, you have to slog through these hellish maze levels (we're talking like, dozens of hours of masochistic gameplay) that stop being fun not even halfway through the game. This game with that just has a major pacing problem, as it is just slooty magical girl shenanigans for the major part of the game (which is still pretty good) until you get to essentially the last 5-10 hours (on the alleged thirty another reviewer points out, which I'm prone to believing) where you can finally experience a fully realized, burgeoning Sodom. This all wouldn't be so bad if you weren't constantly stuck having to suffer through yet another maze level to get through the next lewd story progression.

So as said, this is the mother of all slow burner corruption games. It is immensely enjoyable to see what new scenes have opened up for MC in the overworld, where suddenly you can now start thinking on just initiating a gangbang in an arcade, or have sex with your fellow store patrons as either a slooty magical girl in disguise or letting go finally and doing this all as your realized slooty real self. But to get to that part requires as stated, major time to grind, which, in itself stops being fun when you've gone over twelve hours to obtain the majority of it. If you do like that and want a game to reward you potentially three days worth of gameplay with a slow burner corruption grind, then by all means. But for those wanting not even a quick crank but a nice slow burner that won't overcook you, it's not here.

In the end, I do think it's a great game when it shines as one, but that major pacing problem it has locks away the majority of that shine only when you're in the twilight part of it. If it literally cut away 12-15 hours of it's own game loop, it'd be a wonderful experience, but overall, it's a slog. I want to say 4 for it's lewd content as it is good, but, it's just too sloggy to get there and it is a major caveat you have to chew on if you want to actually enjoy this game. Overall, a nice-ish experience with terrible plumbing, 3/5.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Fidzius

[v1.09]

So much good ideas and visuals mixed with complete lack of clarity and control, which ends up in frustration.

The Positives come with massive negatives:
    • Lots of outfits, that you have to wait patiently and kind of grind for;
    • Accessories that are treated as a negative and get healed away;
    • Facial expressions and body changes (attack marks and other visualized afflictions) that reflect the current state in detail;
    • Lots of animations, scenes and cut-ins both in battles zones and the main map, and yet other than start there's no other controls and with the slow set speed for all of them, they get annoying fast;
    • Progressive game function growth, that hardly make sense;
    • Multiple upgrade methods- EXP from monsters, small permanent upgrades from chests, purchasing items with cash, upgrading equipment, and yet most of it is useless because usually, either you need just 1 shot to win or to lose;
    • Large multi-layered (sub-zones) map for the main zone, that I still have no idea how to navigate other than a few places with a horribly vague map;
    • Lots NPCs to interact with that get limited per day, if you can find them and their conditions;
    • Interesting Boss designs, but their repetitive actions high damage resist becomes tedious, especially since bosses can 1-shot.
    • Corruption for all body parts, that doesn't exactly show what it does and does not enable;
    • Periodical save points that fully heal and activatable portal shortcuts, except they get used for when the game uses ITS OWN INSTANT-WIN ABILITIES LIKE BOSSES AND OBSTACLES THAT KNOCK YOU OU OF THE LEVEL ENTIRELY;
    • No loss, you either get lewds and try again or get sent to the main zone, except for mentioned above and ghosts that make you have to load last saves (Why are they so uniquely awful?);
    • All dungeons feel truly unique without being too different from the main formula, except that it's a maze that wraps you around and teleport you, making it faster to quit and load than reach that place again.
    The game truly feels like it was worked on and has of content, however its not offering it and feels both vague and sadistic at how you need to obtain it.

I tried to like it, to endure it, then decided I had enough confusing teleport mazes with 1-shot deaths, reloading saves and getting back to where I last was. It's horrible with good content.

Can't give it 1 star, so 2 it is.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

BlackeyeVuk

Art is mediocre, but I love pixels and this one is just right amount. And sex scenes are also animated and proper pixelated with good amount of them.

Unfortunately, some animations are bad(read most of them- like short loop with few frames), and there is alot of repetition in both content and gameplay, which will deter you from finishing this game. Meaning it has abysmal first impression, but if you give it a try, armed with alot of patience, it can shine well, and give you some "funf" along the way. IF, you are willing that is.

That's why I give this game solid meh/10 score. You'll never return playing this game once finish, but you may come again for the scenes. Not total "throw it into abyss after a wank type of game, but close to shit-tier "I forgot this exist" game.

Shame really because it has good framework.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Stat

+ Great art
    + Plenty of scenes and variety
    + Has a gallery
    + Every scene is animated, some with a close-up

~ Sounds are just chiptune

- Since things can be a bit obscure, unlocking scenes can be a bother
  9. 5.00 star(s)

IndriIndri

For those into slow corruption/lewdification, this one is a real hidden gem. I'd skip playing the previous two games and go straight to this one, it'll make as much sense. I also didn't enjoy EP Doll very much, so going into this one was a surprise.

The "story" (because this game explains nothing and I kinda love it) is that the "EP" are creating cracks in the real world to invade and you, a nameless girl, have the power to close them with your newly found powers. At first the levels seem fairly normal, but the further you go in and the more levels you complete the visuals start getting wild and trippy as hell. While so many games try to build a grand world, the EP Dimension is just "fuck you this exists and nobody knows why"

Combat wise it's fairly simple yet kind of interesting as well. Moving into an enemy will damage it, but only if you do it from the direction they are not facing. This means you need to move around the map ensuring you hit enemies on their sides or back to kill them. Enemies later on change their movement patterns to hinder you from doing this, and bosses especially take this mechanic in full to create difficulty.

Even if you defeat an enemy from the right direction though, you will still take a small chunk of damage so ensuring you heal from orbs scattered around is essential in later levels. I had quite a bit of fun surprisingly with this combat despite how simple it sounds. The bosses only react when you attack them, and enter a rage mode every 4 or so hits which cause them to attack you in different ways. They can be surprisingly difficult even if you have upgraded your gear constantly, which was nice that the game actually had some challenge to it for what I originally assumed would get boring.

The big thing to talk about is the standing CG and the traps across each level. What this game does brilliantly is that stepping on traps will affect your standing CG, and most will try and add something onto her. So if you step on headband, it will give her a headband to wear. Scissors will attack you and tear your clothes. Slugs may attach themselves to your skin, some later traps may even invade your body and stay there. It can get really absurd in later levels with all sorts of different accessories, creatures and what not attaching themselves to you. Stepping on traps multiple times may evolve them and add even more stuff to you, so sometimes you will just want to ram your head into every trap you see to find out what sort of crazy thing will happen to the Girl this time.

It's a pretty amazing system and I think the game deserves a lot of credit for how many variations are possible. You even get unique transformations/costumes for the Girl in specific levels, which is even better.

Progression wise your main goal is to clear each "EP Tear" that appears in the real world and also accumulate enough EP Energy to upgrade your gear (which unlocks after a few levels). EP Energy is gained both through stepping on traps and also engaging in sex acts, both in the EP world and the real world (but of course she won't be willing to do that until she has levelled up enough). The catch is you can only hold so much at a time and must bank it at specific machines in order to use it. (usually when you sleep)

Each level has secrets and boxes which contain Max HP and Max EP upgrades, and there are a lot of them hidden. Some of them are hidden in marked paths off the main way, and others are just like "walk into this specific square to get teleported into a room full of the damn things". Some of the ways they hide the damn things have made me out louc say "what the fuck why"

As you both clear levels and accumulate EP Energy at set thresholds, Girl will level up their EP Level and this makes them more open to sex and affect the real world over time. This gradual progression as you play the game seeing new scenes in the world is great and pretty well done in my opinion. It can be a bit confusing to try and find these scenes later on though, as some only appear if you engage with them in the EP world first, or have a specific costume

Since the Real World is also affected by your actions, and if you go far enough you can find people just having sex in the open or new encounters only possible because of previous sex acts you've done.

While all of the above is amazing, there are some flaws I have to mention. The first is the game is a slow burner, which is not good if you are just looking to instantly get the best scenes. My playthrough took me 30 hours to see everything, but I do play very slowly and sometimes just wasted days going around the town looking for scenes. Even at the fastest pace though you need to spend some time accumulating EP Energy, and you can't just rush through levels. This could be considered a grind but I didn't really experience it as such, so take that as what you will

The most annoying thing this game does is the stupid EP Monsters. In each level you will encounter these flying monsters that, when touched, will cause an instant game over. Saying this is frustrating in some of the larger levels is an understatement. Thankfully they put save points before almost any section where they appear, but just having it where one wrong step will force you to reload a save sucks hard. This was a major problem in the previous game EP Doll too, so surprised it still exists here.

Also there are pitfalls in some levels where stepping on the wrong space will just instantly throw you out of the level. Some of the levels can take ages to navigate back to where you were, so have to be extra careful how you move and sometimes I just had to take it one tile at a time . Most of the time its faster to just reload a save than to walk all the way back through a levels, but just such an unncessary mechanic when you could just make it damage you for HP instead. Navigating through areas you already beat is not fun.

Overall though, this game was incredibly fun outside of the few frustrating moments, and if you can dedicate a bunch of time to playing this game then I think it's one of the better H Games out there.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Fydo92

This is by far one of the best games on the site.

If you like games with corruption and female protagonists, this is one for you.

It plays like a combination of a dream diary game and a trap dungeon.

The gameplay is legitimately fun and the escalation of what the protagonist is willing to do, both in the dream world and the real world, is incredibly engaging.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

TheHighSpire

I've played EP Battle Girl and it is time for a review.

I should first mention that I did not finish this game. However, I played enough of it to understand what the game is like.

EP Battle Girl uses pixel art for both sexual scenes and standard game play. The game play revolves around this girl who discovers EP World, which is not explained at all. You simply just go there.. There you fight through different levels. The combat is smooth if very basic - turn towards the enemy = killing them, otherwise you take damage. It's alright.

The world of EP Battle Girl is kinda large, and you can move all over the place in the city and its surroundings. While you can enter a bunch of places, there is not actually anything to do in any of those place. That is a bit unfortunate, and I don't understand why access is given to places where nothing happens.

The game play too is rather repetitive and at times slightly frustrating. It is especially frustrating that certain enemies can instant-kill you, likewise starting over in a level because you accidentally stepped into a puddle is also annoying. It would work better if those places degraded clothing and a chunk of health.

It is repetitive because there is no explanation for why you do things. Why are we going to this dimension? Why are we killing monsters? Why does the EP exist? That, and after some time the levels start to become less interesting and more puzzle like, which is not really my cup of tee. That said, the game is quite fluid, and particularly grindy as you can easily avoid most of the enemies and cut through the rest.

So, as a summary:

The Good:
    • The combat is fluid
    • Clothing can be damaged
    • Little to no grinding

The In-between
    • There is no game over, but sometimes you will have start over at the nearest save point.

The Bad
    • Repetitive game play
    • Frustrating that some enemies and locations can instant-kill you / thereby set you back to start.
    • No story or any explanations for what is happening.
    • Many locations, but nothing to do in them.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

makeitso

A very well realised movement puzzle fighter with a corruption theme. The core loop keeps going naturally without a need for written instructions or pauses for (often embarassing or uninspired) dialogue.

There is a rich variety of events and scenes with fun cosmetic additions (outfits and accessories) that can be unlocked or purchased as progress is made. The overworld can also change according to play. Dungeons feature a lot of visible interaction - outfit destruction and swaps, toys and attachments, etc. The novel retro graphics probably helped make all this possible, and I think they make the game stand out from the endless identical garbage churned out just for compulsive consumption.

Some of the enemies (instant kill ones, specifically) can be highly frustrating, and some maps and fights are perhaps more challenging than would be warranted for a porn game. Fortunately, the game has an extensive gallery area if you just want to look at the sexy stuff.

This is an actual game with actual art and actual content to it. Highly recommended. Just don't balk at the gameplay challenge!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Chalicouille

Behind this, at first inconspicuous, game is actually a lot of content, varried with standing picture reacting to damage and corruption, animated defeat scenes to more minimalist encounters in the town.

Gameplay is simple but effective, no turn to turn combat or any rpgm mechanics. Just moving through puzzles and exploring the town between dungeons.

Basic story: girl became magical gone sexual, that's it. Anything is told with pics and diagrams (so no language barrier, nicely done).

It can be a bit grindy at first but I find the mechanics well polished: all unlocked defeat screen available so you don't have to go back 3 dungeon to find one scene, or merchant and minigames accessible in central hub after discovered, Fast travel map binded to "Page Up"...
    Those small quality of lifethat we take for granted are here and put to shame so much other RPGM products.

So overall a nice surprise I didn't see coming just from the pics.

10/10 a bit of something for everyone, would play again - IGN
  14. 5.00 star(s)

magfan2255

This is really a quite great game. Its quite unique in its mechanics and graphics which is quite impressive.
    About the scenes, there are plenty despite the dev apparently rushing this project and they are quite good. Not to mention, the stuff in the ep battlefields with the portrait which i like the most. This game covers a wide range of fetishes. Most of the erotic content within this game is in the battlefields, I dont see that as something lacking but i'd want a map so large to have more depth in it, with much different stuff and more erotic content.
    The combat is also enjoyable, the bossfights and the general combat gameplay arent very distinct from other games i suppose. But regardless they are quite enjoyable.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

KapitanDupa

I had a lot of fun playing this one. RPGM game with no standard RPGM features. Gane loop is simple - as a girl who has access to parallel world you explore maps to find final boss, why? game doesn't explain it, it doesn't matter. All it matters is that with each map she becomes more corrupted which gives you more lewd content in real world. Author tries to explore different opportunities coming from using RPGM engine in unorthodox way. We have typical "map exploration" levels, arcade dodging levels, mazes, even platformers. 10/10 for levels design.

On each level you have plenty of enemies and obstacles, each one leaves mark on heroine's paperdoll on the side. This is probably the biggest selling point of this game. Amount of effects there is huge, probably the most diverse I've seen and you can cover your protagonist in slugs, scratch marks or fill her anus with eggs.

Boss battles are also fun, all battles are arcade, you are running around avoiding obstacles and trying to hit boss. Final boss took me few attempts to beat and was really satisfying.

Porn scenes are mixed bag. Pixel art is made really well but I'm not big fan of it, matter of taste. Anyway scenes are diverse, from petting and casual sex to rape. Normal scenes are OK. Art is really distinctive and simple, some scenes are really good others are somewhere in my uncanny valley and I didn't find them particularly hot. Anyway compared to most of games around amount is vast and customisations options are plenty.

Tl;dr: really good game, very pleasant experience compared to typical RPGM games. Came for porn, stayed for arcade gameplay. Solid 4/5 in void, 5/5 compared to competition
  16. 3.00 star(s)

Papaco Schneider

Pros:
    -Decent art and animations
    -Decent number of scenes
    -Very simple but decent fighting mechanics

Cons:
    -No story
    -No dialogues
    -Few and sometimes useless upgrades/customization options
    -Recycled animations
    -Recycled enemies/bosses/scenarios

Verdict:
    To start, in this game you don't know what's happening or why you are doing the things you do, not a simple introduction or even a cliché story to tell what's going on, the main character becomes a slut, travel through magical places, fight weird things and you have no idea why (still better than MTL tho). Everything is repeated several times, from enemies to animations, to increase gameplay time (which is no more than 6 hours). The upgrades are pretty much useless and customizations options are few, they are there just for the grinding. Enemies and bosses are easy, combat mechanics couldn't be more simple but good for a H-game. Girls is cute, animations are well made and scenes are good enough for a wank. Overall the game look likes to have been made by a single person in a few months who knows something about games and animations and nothing else. Decent for a quick wank, but nothing memorable.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Gravy Dog

Very fun demo. I enjoyed exploring the other world to see all the erotic content to unlock for my character. The gameplay is very different from other rpgm games with no turn based combat. The dev does a good job pointing the player around with no dialogue. They even give the character plenty of expression before going through with erotic choices or experiencing them. It does have many instant kill traps though. Some even give you a game over.