1.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Vitals Check - Does anybody care about this game?

• I'm looking forward to more updates

• Not really, I ended up here by following a random link

• I couldn't care less if this game never got another update

Results are only viewable after voting.

Satori6

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2023
About your butt.
Do not underestimate how many lurkers exist in social media. The majority of people will more or less ignore these kind of polls and still be happy that it gets updated.
In the end it does come done how you feel about finishing this project because it's your time and effort that goes into it.
Thank you!

That's true. I guess I'm comparing this thread with that of games I follow, where there's frequent feedback - either positive or negative, which not only makes the game feel alive, but frequently offers something to work with for the dev.

With this game it often feels like I'm navigating in the dark - just following my gut, implementing what I think will work, without having the slightest idea of whether the players are enjoying the direction of the game or not.

Keeping an eye on it, tried to played it last update but couldn't do it, somewhat confusing.
But i loved the concept and the hard work making it from scratch and the availability of tutorials.
I would recommend to dig deeper on Daz 3d, but i guess you are a game developer not a 3d artist, anyway please keep up the good work :)
Thanks! Are there specific parts that you found confusing?

As for DAZ - I'd love to, but I don't have the hardware to render 3D. If my future projects make any money, all of it will go towards getting a PC capable of producing my own art.

I've been considering Honey Select, which I can run as long as I don't overdo it with the mods, although the quality of the screenshots would still be limited by the hardware.

Is it just me or whenever the AI is at their backfoot, they pull this random ass hat card out of nowhere, ignoring any cost and putting it on the field to wipe your ass with it?
Is it a specific card? It shouldn't happen, as the AI checks if a card can be afforded before deploying it, but with thousands of lines of AI code, I'm sure I've made mistakes.

If you click on the magnifying glass button at the top-right, and then click the first option ($aid) so that it changes to "true", it will show you what the AI is doing on the console window.

At the end of the turn, it always displays the remaining resources for the AI. I even included a line to create a warning there if the AI spends resources that it doesn't have, because this was an issue during the prototype. haha

1719970525085.png

Reactions: rageaholic

rageaholic

Jan 1, 2019
I like card games. Downloading and I'll see what this one's about. On the off chance you haven't seen TF card battle though, check it out. Their system works pretty well.

EDIT: Alright, gave 'er a whirl after building a deck. Seems fair enough, although I had to look a bit to figure out how much cards costed. Bottom left is atk, middle is cost in depravity, bottom right is health.

Tutorial is acceptable currently, but missing some information. Deckbuilder was working as advertised. AI is braindead as expected. Didn't notice any ass pulling either, so kudos there. Currently isn't a challenge for me,, so I'll wait a bit further along until I try this game again. My suggestion would be to finish up the design space. It's rough, but the bones are there.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Satori6

Satori6

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2023
I like card games. Downloading and I'll see what this one's about. On the off chance you haven't seen TF card battle though, check it out. Their system works pretty well.

EDIT: Alright, gave 'er a whirl after building a deck. Seems fair enough, although I had to look a bit to figure out how much cards costed. Bottom left is atk, middle is cost in depravity, bottom right is health.

Tutorial is acceptable currently, but missing some information. Deckbuilder was working as advertised. AI is braindead as expected. Didn't notice any ass pulling either, so kudos there. Currently isn't a challenge for me,, so I'll wait a bit further along until I try this game again. My suggestion would be to finish up the design space. It's rough, but the bones are there.
I played TF card battle a while ago, and I liked it (although I remember cheating the points to unlock decks, because I found that part grindy).

And yes, the AI is so dumb. I hope I'll be able to make it somewhat challenging on the story mode scenarios: each of those will have a preset deck, and a custom AI tailored for the use of that deck and nothing else, so it should make smarter decisions simply because it will be working with a specific set of cards.

That said, AI is by far the most challenging aspect, mostly due to how time-consuming it is, especially as new cards/skills/abilities are included. The game that I took inspiration when building this one has been in development for over a decade, and its AI is still super dumb, but I'll do my best.

On story mode the player will need to defeat scenarios in order to unlock more and better cards, which will also make players less overpowered.

There's also plans for commander bonuses, which may give story mode commanders unique abilities or bonuses. Players will also be able to unlock bonuses with experience, but I'll make those toogleable, so players can choose whether to get those benefits, or to have a handicap by playing without bonuses against a buffed AI.

It's a long way down the road, but it'll get there through small updates. :)

Thank you for the feedback!

Richius

Jun 15, 2021
I understand that it's not very motivating when the game doesn't seem alive or have any followers. But, like somebody before me said, there are a lot of lurkers. There are also people that just want to play your or a game; reviewing and giving feedback costs time, precious game time. So I don't think most people take the effort. Compared to regular triple A games, everybody just buys and plays them, only a fraction give a review or feedback. So I think the amount of downloads is a better indicator of the popularity.

I thought about giving a review (I saw the 1 stars, that's just petty) or giving some feedback. But at this stage of the game it's very difficult to give some concrete feedback, since a lot still needs to be added and I have the feeling a lot will change. For example, I can't really give feedback on the variety of cards, since there is/was only one faction; the lack of different play options / scenarios make the game kind of boring for now, which leads to me not playing it tons of times, it would just be the same again, so I'll wait for the game to flesh out some more, AND because of that, I don't really get to know the game, or play it enough to pinpoint things that really bother me or could be better.

The game shows a lot of promise, and I think a lot of people see that. But it still needs a lot of work. As the development of the game progresses, I guarantee you will get more feedback, reviews, etc. More that you would wish for ;) So I hope you keep going. The addition of a new faction already gives us some more to work with. When I have some time, I'll play the game again with the new faction and see if I can write up a review.

Best of luck!

1.00 star(s) 2 Votes