Ren'Py Abandoned Eternal Showdown [pre-alpha] [Kernel Panic]

Kernel Panic

May 27, 2017
banner.png

Overview:

Eternal Showdown is a turn-based card fighting game, in which characters from all over time and space are confronting each other (and doing nasty things afterwards).
This is not a CCG (collectible card game), meaning that you will not have to buy/farm new cards - all of them are available from the very start.
The game is free and its code is (the game is being build with ren'py).

Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: Never
Version: Pre-alpha
Language: English
Genre: 2DCG, Ren'Py, Turn-based, Fighting, Footjob, Vaginal Sex

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download links:
Windows: |
macOS: |
Linux: |
Android: |

Screenshot at 15-47-19.png Screenshot at 15-59-21.png Screenshot at 15-59-56.png FrighteningFinishedFieldspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Kernel Panic

May 27, 2017
Due to the first release, I'm collecting feedback on the project.
If you already checked out the game, please fill out .

goatwhisperer3

Jul 22, 2017
Won't give feedback for a pre-alpha, too early for me but i like the idea of the game. Seems interesting.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Unfortunately I dont think you'd get too much feedback from this forum with a pre-alpha. Too many times the members have been burned by a project that came out with a promising alpha and then nothing ever happened. People are tired of getting their hopes up and wasting their time.

I agree with the earlier message, it looks interesting, but looks too light on content for me to get into it. I know its a very privileged attitude to have, but I'm tired of getting interested in games that go no where.

klang

Aug 15, 2016
Pre-alpha feedback means pre-download feedback: Looks neat; check you again in like three versions from now.

Reactions: xoxo1001

DonaldJtrump

Sep 12, 2017
Due to the first release, I'm collecting feedback on the project.
If you already checked out the game, please fill out .
That survey is complicated. My feedback is please add a lot more female characters, and make it so we can choose the humiliation after we win (please provide options).

Reactions: Yc3k

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Nice concept... looking forward to see how this develops.

goatwhisperer3

Jul 22, 2017
Odd, I always thought they required another program to play them. RPGmaker requires RPGmaker, Unity requires Unity
nope. u dont need any runtime package or something like that

your attitude leaves something to be desired.
I'm so sorry i merely answered ur question without praising u for ur existence with any word. I'm so glad u pointed that flaw out so i can work on myself to become a better human being. Thank you so much dude. u r the real mvp ( ' - ')

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
I'm so sorry i merely answered ur question without praising u for ur existence with any word. I'm so glad u pointed that flaw out so i can work on myself to become a better human being. Thank you so much dude. u r the real mvp ( ' - ')
I just don't get why you're such a smart ass.

Escape

May 12, 2017
Just checked out this game, pretty cool. The 2dcg background and characters looked great, must have been a lot of work. Don't think the game is being worked on anymore though, the patreon page hasn't been updated since September 2017.

Kernel Panic

May 27, 2017
Just checked out this game, pretty cool. The 2dcg background and characters looked great, must have been a lot of work. Don't think the game is being worked on anymore though, the patreon page hasn't been updated since September 2017.
That is partly correct.
Initial release didn't get much steam, but I got some valuable feedback. And I have been slo-owly working on the project for the past months.

The new release will most certainly change the name of the game, because there were big changes, compared to what I initially had in mind.
  • The fighting system was rebuild almost from the ground up:
  • Now it has a better, more responsive UI.
  • Sprite images aren't animated anymore, because they were taking way too much time to make and looked sort-of awkward (to characters hitting air in the corners). To make a picture more alive - a few simple animated effects added. Animated sprites still can be implemented if time and resources will be found.
  • Code for the parallax effect used to make backgrounds look more alive is still in game, but I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be using it in the near future. Also it acts a bit wonky on mobile devices.
  • Also fighting system's code is now separated from the rest of the game (it only requires a few variables to be defined, when it's called) and can potentially be used in other projects.
  • The main vector of the game is shifting from the short "VS"-fights to a story-driven adventure with the combat elements. Option to just play a "VS" will probably be available, though it's not there yet.
  • All the characters (both of them) and locations (a location) seen here are scrapped. At least for the time being.
Currently fighting system's code is done, but all its graphics except the UI are placeholders. Main development right now is focused around creating arts for the story.

I can't really give an ETA right now. I'd like to release it as soon as possible, but then... I don't want to release the first build with three lines of a dialog for the "story" and a shadow of a tit for the "adult content".

Kernel Panic

May 27, 2017
HMm anyone is still working here? sorry for necro ;3
Hi, yes, I'm still working on the game. And I'm really glad that someone is actually somewhat interested in it.
The demo published here was sort-of test to see how the public will react to some aspects of the game. And I got some useful feedback from that.

Work is going slowly, but one of advantages of zero patrons - you can take all the time you need to prepare the release without feeling any pressure.

The next release will change name from "Eternal Showdown" (most likely to "Quantum Events"). So this thread will stay abandoned and the game will get a new thread on F95.
I still don't have an ETA, sorry, but if you want to you can follow me on or to get the latest news (when there will be some).

Reactions: Escape
Jun 1, 2022
Hi, yes, I'm still working on the game. And I'm really glad that someone is actually somewhat interested in it.
The demo published here was sort-of test to see how the public will react to some aspects of the game. And I got some useful feedback from that.

Work is going slowly, but one of advantages of zero patrons - you can take all the time you need to prepare the release without feeling any pressure.

The next release will change name from "Eternal Showdown" (most likely to "Quantum Events"). So this thread will stay abandoned and the game will get a new thread on F95.
I still don't have an ETA, sorry, but if you want to you can follow me on or to get the latest news (when there will be some).
Hey I know it's been years but I only just found this game and wanted to know if there's any updates to do with that "Quantum events" or anything?

Kernel Panic

May 27, 2017
Hey I know it's been years but I only just found this game and wanted to know if there's any updates to do with that "Quantum events" or anything?
Hi! Sorry to disappoint you, but the game is not been worked on anymore.

I got too ambitious with the idea and couldn't carry its weight. I'm thinking about returning to it (or starting something new) from time to time, but I barely have any time to actually try that.
Before dropping I was working on deck-building system with drag & drop combat, but it never got merged it into the main code base. In hindsight - maybe Ren'Py wasn't the best choice for that type of game, but learning it was incredibly fun, so no regrets.

Nevertheless, if anyone else would be interested in toying with it - they are very welcome the game is open-source, link is in the description.