VN Unity Completed Ethereal Enigma [Ep. 5] [PixelFade Inc]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

_taki

Aug 14, 2020
So, no one can answer about custom binds / keys? This is the first VN game where I can not find any way how to bind custom keys. Having only 5 default keys, which is not comfortable at all is really annoying. Is pressing "enter" or "mouse 1" every 1-10 sec. really that fun? I don't think so.

And plus, there is no any option to rollback to previous lines of dialogue. "Arrow keys" are not working, you have to use mouse. Honestly, I can't remember when I had to mouse in VN game. terrible default keys:

Mouse 2 - hide_windows (no huds)
Mouse 1, Enter - select
L - Ctrl, R - Ctrl - skip
Mouse wheel - chat log

And that's literally it!

Last edited:

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
So, no one can answer about custom binds / keys? This is the first VN game where I can not find any way how to bind custom keys. Having only 5 default keys, which is not comfortable at all is really annoying. Is pressing "enter" or "mouse 1" every 1-10 sec. really that fun? I don't think so.

And plus, there is no any option to rollback to previous lines of dialogue. "Arrow keys" are not working, you have to use mouse. Honestly, I can't remember when I had to mouse in VN game. terrible default keys:

Mouse 2 - hide_windows (no huds)
Mouse 1, Enter - select
L - Ctrl, R - Ctrl - skip
Mouse wheel - chat log

And that's literally it!
That is MAssively common keys soo what your point?(Why do you keep bringing it up non-stop and act like it the only Vn with these keys and makes it horrible)
I mean wanting rebind is good and all but those are fine+most common and it a vn not exactly complex hard to do?

(rollback is also nice but many times it poorly implemented or not at all, but ya is nice when it exists).

Last edited:

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
So is this game completed now, with episode 5 being out? I only noticed because it was on the front page of Steam and wondered if this was the last one? I don't really fancy playing an incomplete VN like this.
Ya it complete.

Small note:
a few have said they not huge fans of episode 5 (final episode) part that was hope a 3rd interest would become but instead she suddenly ends up with another guy + a couple said didn't feel enough like a true end.

Last edited:

blulaz

Nov 23, 2017
Thats how all PixelFade games are. Its a relaxing "feelsgood" type of VNs where you just shut down your brain and enjoy the story. Might not be for everyone but personally im a fan of their games

Its cliched, plain, but comfy; but sometimes this is what you need especially after playing NTR orcs rape spree type of games

_taki

Aug 14, 2020
That is MAssively common keys soo what your point?(Why do you keep bringing it up non-stop and act like it the only Vn with these keys and makes it horrible)
I mean wanting rebind is good and all but those are fine+most common and it a vn not exactly complex hard to do?

(rollback is also nice but many times it poorly implemented or not at all, but ya is nice when it exists).
so if the game has uncomfortable controls system, i can not write about that? and i can not write, if player can not re-bind his own keys? just piss off! i have my own opinion, and i will write it. i've played 100s VN games and this the first one where you can not edit keys!

anyway, i finished the game in less than 5 hours with both routes. if you want to get 100% extra cg gallery, the easiest way: first play with kira, every choice with kira, other choices are not matter at all and 2nd replay: with other girl with "ctrl" option skip until choices. it's a great game, it made me smile a lot, i really like kira, and her voice, Megan Shipman did a great job with her voice acting.

I skipped everything with kosei, this character is so decent. anyway, its a great game with terrible controls. 8/10 I found that this game has 3 endings, 2 routes

murderinc

Sep 27, 2017
I can upload 100% save file, if you would tell, which one is ~ AppData\LocalLow\PixelFade Inc\Ethereal Enigma ?
I have no idea where the save file is.
I tested with a bunch of files in all Ethereal Enigma folders in my drive, but still nothing.

NerfDis

Sep 8, 2017
Isnt this game related to Ace Academy?

btw is AA any good? i mean, story, """"gameplay""" (the tags said rpg so) and if theres sexual content is it like Fate/StayNight shitty level?

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
Isnt this game related to Ace Academy?

btw is AA any good? i mean, story, """"gameplay""" (the tags said rpg so) and if theres sexual content is it like Fate/StayNight shitty level?
Just going to go pass your seemingly deep hate of certain types and try and answer regardless.

same makers

arguable each have own taste obviously, but it is seemingly 1 their most loved one.

Story pretty good in it (I didn't find it best by any means 1 route felt to strong etc... but each will again have own opinion).

No gameplay outside normal VN the "combat" is even also VN but least it has it I guess?

It has no sex so yes/no depending which ?
---------------------
Aka for you seemingly would say neither for you (btw check both games tags they no sex in them). and f95 has Ace A in other words just in case you didn't know.

NerfDis

Sep 8, 2017
Just going to go pass your seemingly deep hate of certain types and try and answer regardless.

same makers

arguable each have own taste obviously, but it is seemingly 1 their most loved one.

Story pretty good in it (I didn't find it best by any means 1 route felt to strong etc... but each will again have own opinion).

No gameplay outside normal VN the "combat" is even also VN but least it has it I guess?

It has no sex so yes/no depending which ?
---------------------
Aka for you seemingly would say neither for you (btw check both games tags they no sex in them). and f95 has Ace A in other words just in case you didn't know.
Dont know what kind of hate you are refering to but ok

I asked if there was any kind of sexual content like fate (that its just there to appeal that kind of public and overall its unnecessary)

I heard a lot from it, that is a very good VN raddaradda thats why. Thanks anyway

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
Dont know what kind of hate you are refering to but ok

I asked if there was any kind of sexual content like fate (that its just there to appeal that kind of public and overall its unnecessary)

I heard a lot from it, that is a very good VN raddaradda thats why. Thanks anyway
Np why kept say seemingly and yes/no depends on which.
Was not sure exactly on anything.

Jan 5, 2019
I always appreciate PixelFade works, thank you for the update, they are quite difficult games to download, as they are not very popular.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote