Others EUPHORIA - All Your Games, In One Place [Development Thread]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ClubCulture_

Mar 15, 2020
Ever wanted for a single place to check updates for games you found here and kept?
Just plain organize it all in a simple way?
Or maybe even create lists of your top 10s and share it with all of us here in F95Zone (ala MyAnimeList)?

All your games, in one place
All your games, in one place.

Thread Updated: 2020-07-26
Developer: Club Culture
Version: 0.0.1.1 - Proof of Concept

Features
Screenshot1.png

Homepage
If ever you need more to fill up your library, the homepage is there for you.
Treat it like another view of the F95Zone homepage, but with more games!
It will also try to mimic what's in F95, for example the featured games slider!

Screenshot2.png Screenshot3.png

Homepage Game View
When you click on a game card from the Homepage you'll be taken to this page.
This is where you can find some information about the game before getting it.
Clicking on "get" adds the game to your library.

Screenshot7.png

Library
The Library isn't that different from the Homepage except that it only shows you the games you got.

Screenshot4.png Screenshot8.png

Library Game View
Clicking a game from the library will take you to this page.
This is where you can actually launch the game (if you have a launch path configured for the game)
Which brings us to the settings and downloads page below when you scroll on this page.

Screenshot5.png Screenshot6.png
Library Game View - Settings
Here you can configure a game from your library.
  • Launch Path - The location of the executable (for now), or an HTML file (future) for a game.
  • Launch Options - If ever the game can have launch commands "-debug -lowsettings" you can configure it here.
Scroll down further and you'll see buttons which serves as shortcuts for the game.
Can be a thread, a download link, patreon page of the developer, etc.

Features (Planned/Wishlist) (In no order)
  • Search & Filter System
  • Tagging System
  • Better and More Slick and Beautiful User Interface
    • Animations
    • UI/UX Design
    • Quality of Life Improvements
  • See Games by
    • Latest Update (Homepage, Library)
    • F95Zone Featured Games Slider
  • Explicit Way to Support Game Creators (ala F95Zone Patreon badges, Masked Page Notif.)
  • Fill up Homepage and Library
    • Developer Info (Support Pages)
    • Related Game Threads
    • Developer News?
    • Mods?
  • Mimic the Entire F95Zone Catalog
  • More Beautiful Thumbnails and Screenshots for the Games (Optimized for Euphoria Sizes)
  • Share-able lists (ala MyAnimeList)
  • Sync your Game Library Online (So you can take it anywhere!)
  • Add Custom Games (For your local games not listed on the online database or F95Zone)

Notes
  • This build is only a proof of concept, it's kinda functional but very easy to break!
  • Has very bare-bones of the features, because it's a proof of concept.
  • Has only 11 games for demo purposes.
  • It's already connected to an online database, hence loading a homepage for example can take time.
  • It might seem frozen too at times because there's no animation yet to indicate that something is loading.
  • But moreover it's still not optimized, that operations can be slow especially the online ones! (viewing homepage, etc.)

Development
I've been working on this project for quite awhile now. From the concept, UI/UX design, some art (ehrmm programmer art..), programming, basically everything. And I will do it until this becomes the very best F95Zone companion it can be for getting games.

I'll regularly post to this thread about progress, which I might deliver every 1-3wks. as not every feature is of the same difficulty. I also can only focus on this fully on the weekends. (even if I want to focus on it everyday instead :sadpepe: ) I do work on it on weekdays still, during the evening if I wasn't too tired from work.

If you have a future feature you wanna see, some comments, or wanna reach me out, please please reply to this thread! (or PM me here) I wanna hear them all out. I will take my time and try to respond to most of your replies.

What's Next?
The development continues by first focusing on the basic functionalities that the app should have, and with proper optimization. Something like being able to download games smoothly, fast loading of pages, basic UI animations, and adding custom games.

As I've said too, starting from now you can expect that there will be updates every 1-3wks. time. So if you want you can watch this thread, so you get notified here when that progress report drops.

That is all for now. This will be a long committed journey, buckle up and I hope you'll enjoy the ride! :)

Last edited:

ClubCulture_

Mar 15, 2020
Bonus (for fellow nerds)
Screenshot9.png

UI/UX Typography
Here's a sample page I did when doing typography for the app, how different texts would look. There's also the color palette to use for the UIs; buttons, backgrounds, tints, etc.

Reactions: SpiritofRabbit

Thronico

Sep 11, 2017
Was just thinking about how overcrowded my games folder is getting with the stuff I know I'll eventually return to once they've been developed more. I'd definitely use this, can't wait for it to gain traction.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ClubCulture_

ClubCulture_

Mar 15, 2020
Excited to see where this goes.
Hey thanks for showing interest! It pulls up my motivation to keep working on it.

Was just thinking about how overcrowded my games folder is getting with the stuff I know I'll eventually return to once they've been developed more. I'd definitely use this, can't wait for it to gain traction.
I can relate, this is exactly why I started this. Some games take time to develop; others months, some years, then I keep them if they're promising. Problem is there are many promising games, that it can take some effort just to track updates about them especially if they have varying ways of delivering them. So here we are, the road to make that as effort-less as possible.
Thank you too for showing interest! I can't wait to get this on a usable version and hand it to you.

Jinnai

Noodlz.
Donor
Jun 26, 2018
This sounds amazing. I'm actually surprised that this is not getting way more traction than it already has.

There is a lot of potential for a tool like this. How will it be curated, though? For example, does it exclude the more extreme kinks that you won't find on every site?
And what exactly determines which games "deserve more attention"?

• Red Heart
Reactions: ClubCulture_

ClubCulture_

Mar 15, 2020
Likewise! I'll follow this thread closely. I myself tried to make something similar but got stuck on parsing game updates correctly, so I gave up, lol.
Indeed it can get tricky especially that their format varies. Thanks for the interest!

This sounds amazing. I'm actually surprised that this is not getting way more traction than it already has.

There is a lot of potential for a tool like this. How will it be curated, though? For example, does it exclude the more extreme kinks that you won't find on every site?
And what exactly determines which games "deserve more attention"?
It's probably because there's nothing highly usable yet, might get a little attention when we get past demo. :)
I did start this thread though to get initial feedback and questions, and you have one!

For curation, I haven't thought of it that far yet. Right now EUPHORIA is just intended to mirror F95 (like a companion app). With the bonus of being able to easily keep track of specific game updates, and manage the games in your drive. Might get other features too like playtime counter, view your most recently played games, etc...

As for "deserve more attention" that was just really a text on a whim to go together with the "Featured" header haha. But the overall intention of that section is to mimic the F95 games slider.

Thanks for the questions, and I'm glad you like the idea!

Reactions: Socrates1610

ClubCulture_

Mar 15, 2020
UPDATE Foundational
This update is meant to improve the overall structure laid out on the proof of the concept build. Meaning things don't break easily anymore, and that it's better optimized hence faster loading for online operations. There would be no build for this but more of just a news about what's going on behind the scenes, and an accountability check-in.

What's new?
Proper Offline Mode
The proof of concept was very frail when handling unavailability of connections leading to errors. This is now fixed and an error message is shown for areas that needs internet connection (such as the homepage). The library now works as intended whether you're online or offline.
Annotation 2020-08-03 225210.png

Last Update Indicator on Cards
Annotation 2020-08-03 142746.png

Cards can now display some more info such us when it was last updated. A crucial feature when checking on the games you kept to see what's up.

Loading Page Indicator
Loading.gif
No need to wonder now if the app is frozen or is it just taking time when loading. A small animation will be there to indicate it's just taking some time.

Rest of Updates and Fixes
  • Page loading is now 60% faster, especially from the homepage.
  • Smoother scrolling experience.
  • Fixed a bug where the vertical scrollbar isn't working right.

What's Next?
Now that most of the foundation is improved, I'm now working on getting real data from here. So that things like you see on "Latest Updates" section will be reflected on the app.

That's all for now, as always if you have comments or some thoughts about it just reply here.
Thanks for reading!

Socrates1610

Apr 12, 2018
Bumping this thread just because I like the idea so much and think the entire community would benefit from additional infrastructure ala Vortex or Steam. These kind of websites also make a lot of money if they're successful, so I hope you make a Patreon soon and take on investors.

I think if you commit to never censoring content which isn't illegal on your platform, you'd have a good chance of retaining the bulk of the community.

Feb 9, 2020
Hello Hello - Are you still working on this? I'm just seeing it and I think its a very good idea. What is the status, is it still in the works? -spiritofrabbit

zucite

May 22, 2019
Guess this is dead in the water. What a shame, it was a great idea. Pretty surprising since it looked like the guy had made some real progress on it. Anybody heard of any similar projects in the works?

Feebs

Pervert
Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Guess this is dead in the water. What a shame, it was a great idea. Pretty surprising since it looked like the guy had made some real progress on it. Anybody heard of any similar projects in the works?
The F95Checker does a little of what this looks to have wanted to achieve in terms of library. Specifically it can be used as a game launcher and an easy way to track updates vs your installed version. It has a smaller focus than what Euphoria aimed to be.

https://f95zone.to/threads/f95checker-willyjl.44173/

It is a fantastic tool that made management of my game library and checking for updates umpteen times easier.

Reactions: zucite

zucite

May 22, 2019
The F95Checker does a little of what this looks to have wanted to achieve in terms of library. Specifically it can be used as a game launcher and an easy way to track updates vs your installed version. It has a smaller focus than what Euphoria aimed to be.

https://f95zone.to/threads/f95checker-willyjl.44173/

It is a fantastic tool that made management of my game library and checking for updates umpteen times easier.
That looks pretty useful, thanks for sharing!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote