VN Others Even in Sorrow, a Black Lily Blooms [Rachel update 2] [WaifusAndSyrup]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AlisaB

Jun 19, 2018
I like it, very good writing, decent CGs unfortunately the development moves at glacial pace.

lance43230

Feb 2, 2020
Was really looking forward to viewing. Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions both Mega and Nopy - all just show a black window. I will look for other WAS games for now.

Luffy_11

Jan 27, 2018
I really like this one. Too bad it stopped. Anyone has news? Other similar games? I've searched the forum for more mind controling with female MC, but nothing like this. Aw man... I really wanted to see more of Rachel...And to go to the teacher's house... Goddammit!

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I really like this one. Too bad it stopped.
Huh? The most recent update was - oh shit, less than two weeks ago? Oh right, it's still Patrons only for now, that's why I didn't play it yet. Anyway, the game's not dead or anything, just not updated as frequently as others. Just gotta wait for a pirate to post here or for the latest update to be made public. Which... should be in a day or two, judging by the time between the last Patron release and public release (April 1 - 15). So no piracy necessary right now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
New version is now available to the public, so the first post should be updated with links. Also, it seems the developer is moving entirely to Subscribestar to avoid the content police, although the Patreon page will remain up until everyone cancels their subscription. It just won't get any posts about updates. So the first post should be updated to include the Subscribestar page as well.

Edit: For now, here are the links to the newest version.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I seem to be having an issue with the Win64 version as well where any time the day would change to 4/14, it takes me to a broken version of the title screen instead. Since you can do Rachel and Ms. Mellow's scenes out of order, it should be possible to see most of the scenes in spite of this, but in any given run the game will cut off before the second scene with whoever you chose second.

There's also a glitch if you set the text skip to "read" instead of "unread" and try to use the skip button on the side. The game will always stop when you get to a scene with the chatroom, as if the text there was unread, but the skip button will be blocked and you can't continue. You can fix this by pressing Ctrl, which is the hotkey for text skip.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Hooo, boy it's been ages since I've been on. Guess I might as well look up and address concerns.

First off, fuzzyskywalker I have NO idea why the Mac versions aren't working. They should be, but if they are not then I'll need to look into that.

Secondly, Rosen King there is a ton of glitches. ...Like, alot. These all started popping up the moment I put in the events for the 2nd week. My priorities are on the story and getting the 2nd week finished since I already lost a ton of time looking for a reliable artist to replace my old one, but I understand that bug fixing is a big deal and have taken steps towards getting those addressed.

Thirdly, I'm sorry that I keep ignoring pages besides the main one. >_<

Is there anything specific you guys want to ask?

Oct 27, 2018
Hooo, boy it's been ages since I've been on. Guess I might as well look up and address concerns.

First off, fuzzyskywalker I have NO idea why the Mac versions aren't working. They should be, but if they are not then I'll need to look into that.

Secondly, Rosen King there is a ton of glitches. ...Like, alot. These all started popping up the moment I put in the events for the 2nd week. My priorities are on the story and getting the 2nd week finished since I already lost a ton of time looking for a reliable artist to replace my old one, but I understand that bug fixing is a big deal and have taken steps towards getting those addressed.

Thirdly, I'm sorry that I keep ignoring pages besides the main one. >_<

Is there anything specific you guys want to ask?
Appreciate you stopping by again. Past versions have opened, though I admit it's been a while since I played (I don't even know if week 1 was done last I played, I think it was just one encounter with Marsh and one with the bully).

I get the super generic "The Application Game Can't Be Opened" error when I run it straight out. So I used a common fix for that issue, changing the status of some of its contents as executables using chmod in terminal. While that gets the game starting up, I then get the immediately get the error "nwjs quit unexpectedly," which some searching reveals other apps occasionally having this issue, but honestly, I'm not a huge under the hood guy, so I couldn't quite understand what the problem was. Something to do with java it seems.

Maybe I'll just use boot camp to try the Windows downloads for now. Thanks for making a very good game.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Secondly, @Rosen King there is a ton of glitches. ...Like, alot.
Yeah, I was mostly bringing those up to let people know of the workarounds to them. I didn't even mention the ones that I can't find a workaround for or don't prevent progress directly. I'm sure I don't need to tell you about the nonsense going on with the pictures on the save screen.

Luffy_11

Jan 27, 2018
About the story: for me it is kinda meh. I was really eager to play more with the bully. Like you made her attracted to the MC and she would "be a girl" and play a little hard to get, giving and taking little by little to make her submissive, resorting to hypnosis whenever she felt the bully was getting away. A slow and steady process (but not so slow that we would loose interest), so that in the end there would be no need for hypnosis at all.

I do get your point of view though. If she hated her, it's "natural" she'd want her to kiss her feet and feel superior to her. And there should be a character like that in this game.

I guess I wanted a character/storyline that could be more real, with some real life difficulties. Can you explore like different difficulties with different characters? Because, right now it's just "Oh she's not doing what I want, so I'll force it" but it could be more like "I'll leave a suggestion every other day, so that it will grow comfortable on her mind and then get what I want". It seemed to be like that in he beginning.

What about that thing that she can have sex with her other self? I'm so curious! Like how is that even possible? Where did you get that from?!?

So...yeah that's it. Sorry for the long post. I really like your game. Have been looking for this kind for a while. Others never hit the spot so well.

Keep up the good work. Make it big! (y)

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Just so you know, there are multiple routes you can end up taking with the characters depending on how you responded to previous choices. The dog-slave route is just one of them. Hopefully the "become friends with Rachel" route lets you swerve back and forth between trying to be friends with her and making her submissive towards you, because I do want to see her as a slave/submissive lover in a less... "dehumanizing" way. I actually had to stop halfway through the second scene in the bitch route because it was too much. (And the 4/14 bug prevents me from seeing too much of what happens after mixing and matching the other routes, including the first of the game's nonstandard endings.)

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
fuzzyskywalker So as you no doubt surmised, we didn't fix the mac version before the next update. I'm hoping that whatever messed it up was in the last build, but I'm uncertain so you'll have to check when the new links are up here (2 weeks earlier than they should be no doubt :rolleyes:).

The person that was going to check the mac version couldn't because he got snubbed of that aforementioned mac and swamped with work. I hired a programmer recently however so everything should be good, even if things go wrong again.

...Oh yeah, the 2nd week of the game is out now. Probably with new bugs too. There were changes to the text, textbox, some menus and in-game workings. I barely made it on the 11th so I could release it publicly on the 25th on my end.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
...Oh yeah, the 2nd week of the game is out now. Probably with new bugs too. There were changes to the text, textbox, some menus and in-game workings. I barely made it on the 11th so I could release it publicly on the 25th on my end.
Out where? I can understand you not personally uploading it to a piracy website, but I don't even see a locked patron-only post on your Patreon about it.

EDIT: Just saw buried deep in the Patreon description that you'll only be posting on Subscribestar from now on. Someone should definitely update the OP with a link to that, since it currently only links to Patreon.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Yeah, I made a big deal of changing to subscribestar my last few patreon updates. This is the first time I'm linking anything new since then and it's only on subscribestar for now.

I need to remove my patreon from other posts online for the next update as well. I don't want people getting frustrated because they can't get the new version.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Vrijgeest The people who pay 5-10 dollars get the links 2 weeks earlier than everyone else. The links are being made public on my end for the 25th: I made it in time for Christmas.

Short answer, I don't give out the links publicly until that 2 week period has passed. I think I've seen them pop on here before those two weeks passed before, but that's because someone else did so after paying for the tier.

The links will end up being posted here when they're public:

axz2

Jan 20, 2019
Vrijgeest The people who pay 5-10 dollars get the links 2 weeks earlier than everyone else. The links are being made public on my end for the 25th: I made it in time for Christmas.

Short answer, I don't give out the links publicly until that 2 week period has passed. I think I've seen them pop on here before those two weeks passed before, but that's because someone else did so after paying for the tier.

The links will end up being posted here when they're public:
That's quite reasonable. I wish more developers who you Patreon or Subscribestar did it that way. Personally I've never funded a game that way $5 to $10 a month seems too much to me (it can be hundreds of dollars over a game's development cycle) but I have purchased, for $5 to $15 (total for the game not per month) a few games that I first found here and never would have known about had they not been uploaded here.

Reactions: Ninjaman2
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote