VN Others Even in Sorrow, a Black Lily Blooms [Rachel update 2] [WaifusAndSyrup]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Oct 27, 2018
fuzzyskywalker So as you no doubt surmised, we didn't fix the mac version before the next update. I'm hoping that whatever messed it up was in the last build, but I'm uncertain so you'll have to check when the new links are up here (2 weeks earlier than they should be no doubt :rolleyes:).
Awesome. Looking forward to trying it out. If it seems to be working, I'll definitely toss you a subscription!

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Awesome. Looking forward to trying it out. If it seems to be working, I'll definitely toss you a subscription!
I'm just prepared for it to not work since I seem to have bad luck when it comes to making this, despite my mascot being a bunny girl. That way if it does work, I can be pleasantly surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: fuzzyskywalker

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Week 2 public links:

We have a new menu, new font, textbox visibility, Carol events, day 14 and probably more new bugs despite fixing some old ones. There is also an event guide to navigate through and find any events you missed out on prior:

I have a bug channel in my discord but I'll try to look over this way here and there.

sagara_souma

Feb 23, 2019
We have a new menu, new font, textbox visibility, Carol events, day 14 and probably more new bugs despite fixing some old ones. There is also an event guide to navigate through and find any events you missed out on prior:
Thanks for the guide, although it might work better in flow chart form.

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
Any chance of getting this game ported to Android? I don't have access to a pc to often and I really like this game but never have time to play it..

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
Okay so I just wanted to let every one in here, but especially WaifusAndSyrup, I've been good for a long time at using Android Studio to build APK's for RPG Maker games. And I really hope you don't mind that I did this, but I used the same process with EveBloom, figuring since VN Maker is made by the same people as RPG Maker, and it ended up working :D I failed like 10 times first, but finally I got one to work. :)

I didn't edit anything about the game, it was just trying to figure out where to move the folders in the APK creator.

If you'd like I can post if, or sent it to you, and you can add it to your download options for the game. :) And I'd be more then happy to do the same thing for you for each update. :)

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Okay so I just wanted to let every one in here, but especially WaifusAndSyrup, I've been good for a long time at using Android Studio to build APK's for RPG Maker games. And I really hope you don't mind that I did this, but I used the same process with EveBloom, figuring since VN Maker is made by the same people as RPG Maker, and it ended up working :D I failed like 10 times first, but finally I got one to work. :)

I didn't edit anything about the game, it was just trying to figure out where to move the folders in the APK creator.

If you'd like I can post if, or sent it to you, and you can add it to your download options for the game. :) And I'd be more then happy to do the same thing for you for each update. :)
I'll look into the android thing but you can do what you want. After I finish making the update, it's not like I can stop anyone from changing the game after they download it.

I don't have any particularly strong feelings against it either, so go wild.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
We're not supposed to be able to see the second visit with Carol on the "aware" path, are we? The directions to see it are in the guide you linked, but there aren't enough days in the game right now to actually reach it. In optimal conditions, you get the first scene right before reaching day 14 and then getting booted back to the title screen.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
We're not supposed to be able to see the second visit with Carol on the "aware" path, are we? The directions to see it are in the guide you linked, but there aren't enough days in the game right now to actually reach it. In optimal conditions, you get the first scene right before reaching day 14 and then getting booted back to the title screen.
No, you can see it. You just need to skip Marsh's secret event.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
You just need to skip Marsh's secret event.
What? But the guide said-- Oh, I see. I missed the word "variations" and thought that was a list of the two requirements to start it.

Edit: There seem to be a lot of instances of Mary's name popping up in the dialogue when it shouldn't. I noticed some of them when it was just Mary's inner monologue talking throughout the game, but it also happens a few times when Carol is supposed to be talking after you try to fix her. That includes one particularly long rant that confused me because I thought it was Mary saying it.

Last edited:

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
What? But the guide said-- Oh, I see. I missed the word "variations" and thought that was a list of the two requirements to start it.

Edit: There seem to be a lot of instances of Mary's name popping up in the dialogue when it shouldn't. I noticed some of them when it was just Mary's inner monologue talking throughout the game, but it also happens a few times when Carol is supposed to be talking after you try to fix her. That includes one particularly long rant that confused me because I thought it was Mary saying it.
Well shit. Time to go over the game for the millionth time lol.

This is a common problem that happens when putting the scenario into the game. It also has gotten more complicated now that I have someone helping me with the copy-pasting so I can focus on writing and deciding what assets a scene needs.

I'm pretty sure it will plague the game for a long time unless someone complied a list of all of them, but I'm sure I'll get it done eventually.

Antialpaka

Apr 27, 2018
Is there any way to use my old save files in the new version? Just copy and pasting them doesn't seem to work.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Will the next update be dropping around soon? Im really interested in how the story keeps going
I wish.

No, it will not be dropping soon. I wanted to finish all of Marsh's stuff and drop it April, but I don't even have all the assets for her "romance" route, let alone her brainwashing one.

The artist working with me has other obligations, which I knew, but it's gotten pretty bad recently. I might have to bite the bullet and hire another artist if I want to finish this year. (I don't mean firing the one I have, just adding a new one to work on other things to make it go faster.)

Reactions: TheSpah and qorl55

TheSpah

Apr 2, 2020
I wish.

No, it will not be dropping soon. I wanted to finish all of Marsh's stuff and drop it April, but I don't even have all the assets for her "romance" route, let alone her brainwashing one.

The artist working with me has other obligations, which I knew, but it's gotten pretty bad recently. I might have to bite the bullet and hire another artist if I want to finish this year. (I don't mean firing the one I have, just adding a new one to work on other things to make it go faster.)
Oof, thats a shame honestly. At least on the bright side is good to know you havent abandoned the project entirely without warning. Hopefully the current artist might be able to clear his/her schedule in the foreseeable future on a best case scenario.

Also have you considered to release versions of the game that go further even if they wont be having CGs soon? Assuming no new characters enter the story everyone has a basic set of sprites which are serviceable for dialogue.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Also have you considered to release versions of the game that go further even if they wont be having CGs soon? Assuming no new characters enter the story everyone has a basic set of sprites which are serviceable for dialogue.
I hadn't considered that. It feels weird to describe a sex scene or alike without a cg and while it would give people more of the story.

I also think this came up earlier around the time I completed week 1 or just before where I asked if I should toss in a bunch of writing without the assets needed so they can continue reading on the story and the feedback was no.

Also, releasing it all at once means I don't have to get more versions and links ready for release as often, so I would prefer if I could release as close to what's going to be in the finished product as possible.

TheSpah

Apr 2, 2020
I hadn't considered that. It feels weird to describe a sex scene or alike without a cg and while it would give people more of the story.

I also think this came up earlier around the time I completed week 1 or just before where I asked if I should toss in a bunch of writing without the assets needed so they can continue reading on the story and the feedback was no.

Also, releasing it all at once means I don't have to get more versions and links ready for release as often, so I would prefer if I could release as close to what's going to be in the finished product as possible.
Oh ok thats also understandable. Upon some slight replay i did notice that some scenes are well written and detailed of the acts while using the CGs as a base to better deliver it so i thought it might be a good possibility considering the limitations, still patience might be the better option. Anyways i'll just keep waiting in the sidelines then c:

terassiel

Mar 2, 2018
Any luck with your artist?
Also how do you plan the routes for the furure? Can we finish one for all 3 girls in the same playthrough?

Manohades

Dec 5, 2018
very interesting game but no update since december 2020, i known the dev is looking for an artist but was there any news from him ?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
very interesting game but no update since december 2020, i known the dev is looking for an artist but was there any news from him ?
According to the Subscribestar, the dev is still alive as of this March. ...Which was about 4 months ago, but that's better than 8. The game has been known to take a while between updates, unfortunately.

Edit: And I guess the dev posted in this thread even more recently than that, so that observation was pointless. No word since then, though.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote