VN Others Even in Sorrow, a Black Lily Blooms [Rachel update 2] [WaifusAndSyrup]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So, um... The current version is completely broken for me. Reloading an older save just causes a blank screen when I try to progress past Marsh's most recent scene from the previous version, but starting over from scratch causes every scene to repeat itself whenever I'm given an option to choose a character. It skipped over her first hypnosis scene in favor of just repeating the conversation in the streets, and I spent the entire next week repeating the confrontation about her smoking.

Does anyone have a functioning save to upload from the end of the previous version's content, but from the current version? Hopefully I can just pick up from there.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Hey dev, are you still checking here? I don't know of any other way to contact you, but I figured you might want to know that Subscribestar is pretty much completely fucked right now and has been for somewhere around three months, apparently. If you make any new posts on the page, they simply won't show up for other people to view, with the most recent post always showing up as something from March or earlier. (I still can't verify if this only applies to public viewers or subscribers, but even public posts aren't visible.) Apparently Subscribestar knows about this issue and doesn't currently have any plans/way to fix the root cause, and they haven't been making an effort to alert users about it (probably because a lot of people would immediately ditch the platform), so a bunch of people are making posts that nobody sees and not understanding why there's no engagement with them. The workaround currently is just to contact tech support and ask them to update your page manually, but... Yeah, even if you plan on sticking with Subscribestar as an income source, you might want to look into an alternative way to make progress reports and/or tell people that you're still alive.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I am alive! Rachel's stuff has been fully written since midway through the year in case nobody's seen the update and I've been waiting on art all this time. Hopefully we get out the next update before the new year comes.

I mean, I'm pretty sure "hypnotize somebody to become your sex slave against their will" isn't a thing that can happen, either, but here we are. Kind of playing fast and loose with what can be done with a mind.
I think manipulation would probably make tricking their minds into at least enjoying the idea possible, in a fucked up way. But you're right, it's not like Mary is a criminal master psychologist that would get these results so quickly. I just ran with a "possibility" and cut out some of the effort involved. I wanted to keep a hypnosis process in the story, but not bog it down with long detailed sections where Mary would just gaslight someone over the course of months all according to her master plan of getting live in sex slaves. If it will ever exist, it will be as a passing remark or such.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...Subscribestar is pretty much completely fucked right now and has been for somewhere around three months, apparently. If you make any new posts on the page, they simply won't show up for other people to view, with the most recent post always showing up as something from March or earlier...
I've checked my page while signed off and it seemed fine, but I'm keeping an eye on it from time to time.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I am alive! Rachel's stuff has been fully written since midway through the year in case nobody's seen the update
...What update? Because I'm specifically looking for it and can't find any mention of it. If it's supposed to be on your Subscribestar, then yeah, no, the last thing I'm seeing is March 23 on the pinned post, and March 9 as the most recent post.

If you've got some other place where you're posting updates, I'd like to know.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
...What update? Because I'm specifically looking for it and can't find any mention of it. If it's supposed to be on your Subscribestar, then yeah, no, the last thing I'm seeing is March 23 on the pinned post, and March 9 as the most recent post.

If you've got some other place where you're posting updates, I'd like to know.
I made an update post on Itch.io and my discord channel. I may have neglected my subscribestar, as the anti-social developer I am. I'll fix that.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I made an update post on Itch.io and my discord channel. I may have neglected my subscribestar, as the anti-social developer I am. I'll fix that.
Ah, see, I had no idea you had either of those things. ...Okay, I just dug up the itch.io page and still don't see anything where there would be any sort of news? I'm looking . (And also , but that's literally just a blank page with a link to the game to the side.)

At any rate, I'm glad to see you're alive, I'm just hoping to find the right place to see when you're alive.

Shinlaw

Aug 6, 2017
I tried very hard, but this is getting ridiculous. No matter how I run the playthrough I always hit a dead end with looped events aside from the very first one where I got Mellow's "concent". After that even at the first week I pick an event and the next day it repeats for some reason leaving me out of the second one. I've tried to reset global data, which only cleared my gallery. I love the concept and stuff, but god damn have mercy. Any working save or gallery mod out there?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I tried very hard, but this is getting ridiculous. No matter how I run the playthrough I always hit a dead end with looped events aside from the very first one where I got Mellow's "concent". After that even at the first week I pick an event and the next day it repeats for some reason leaving me out of the second one. I've tried to reset global data, which only cleared my gallery. I love the concept and stuff, but god damn have mercy. Any working save or gallery mod out there?
Is it specifically the Marsh smoking scene? I think the latest update bugged that one, but there hasn't been a bugfix yet. The only way to progress is to load a save from an older version that got past that part, but I don't know if there are any download links for the older version...

Shinlaw

Aug 6, 2017
Is it specifically the Marsh smoking scene? I think the latest update bugged that one, but there hasn't been a bugfix yet. The only way to progress is to load a save from an older version that got past that part, but I don't know if there are any download links for the older version...
Yeah, that one. Also the pet scene. And during the first week I get the same scene 2 times, that might also be related.
Welp, gonna wait for a fix then

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Yeah, that one. Also the pet scene. And during the first week I get the same scene 2 times, that might also be related.
Welp, gonna wait for a fix then
I swear that we fixed that at least two different times... it's like a running gag at this point.

New public version coming out on Christmas featuring Rachel's 3rd events and one of her 2 planned routes. I was unable to get all the art for the 2nd one before the end of the year.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Mac users, if you can't run the game, this is why:
"...you can make a fully working mac version of a game in VNM only if you build on mac. This is still a problem that unsolved and currently still a lot people talk about it. In theory what you build now for mac is a web version. So if you open the index file in a browser the game should run..."

I found this out from my programmer in regards to the updates they made to VNM. I'm going to mention this on the main post.

Mad_Doc

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
Aww, I was hoping for more of the pet Rachel content.
The lovey dovey route is fine but not nearly as hot :cool:

Reactions: Mograx
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote