VN - Ren'Py - Onhold - Evermore [v0.5.1] [Prometheus]

1. 5.00 star(s)

mitric

Very solid game thus far, the story is interesting with some curveballs to keep you on your toes.
    It has just the right amount of scenes and the animations are pretty good.
    It's always great to have some music to create an atmosphere to the story, so that's also a plus.

10/10 highly recommand !
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ffdream

Version: 0.5.1
    Wow, the story is amazing, and you get a feel for the characters / backstory.

I avoided this game for a bit because of the superpowers / monsters type settings. I am so glad I decided to check it out regardless because this game is incredible.

Pros:
    • LI's are beautiful and have great backstories.
    • Very well written story where you are drawn in.
    • Sexual content is there when you need it (You don't feel like you're being blue balled the whole time)
    Cons:
    • None so far.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Lord_stark

This game is literally one of the best ones I have ever played. The art is great, the sex seems to come off too easy sometimes but I am okay with that. The story is great. Definitely a must play. Also, I like the fact that unlike most games out there, there are no very long useless scenes with no sex.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

hyfka

V.: 0.5.1
    Big fan and positively surprised.
    I usually shy away from HS games as I often don't enjoy the look.
    At the same time, the mix of mythology and incest isn't all that revolutionary.
    I expected a creepy MC and generic story, but instead I got beautiful girls that don't conform to the "generic incest standard" of "one bitchy sister, one normal sister, one obsessed sister, reluctant mom", a likable MC who isn't a total creep/cringelord, renders that make good use of lighting and music to really convey the story -
    And most important of all: A good story.
    The writing is really good, the auther knows that the players don't need everything spelled out in written text. The mythological elements go past greco-roman pantheon and are creatively implemented. The role of MC in everything gets revealed slowly, but still at a pace where I found myself barely skipping dialogue because I was so interested.
    And while there are pop culture references, it's not just an amalgamation of them and the story still takes itself seriously.
    Oh, and there is no annyoing grind. Just good old VN.

Sidenotes:
    1. It's only step-cest currently
    2. No NTR, but skippable death/gore of LIs in a dream sequence
    3. Pregnancy does happen (optional), but is only visible in aforementioned dream sequence.

If you are into the tags at all, I'd definitely recommend checking this out.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

OleJackRipper

I see what the dev means by this is in progress and that the earlier chapters will need editing.
    There are a lot of places that need renders or need replacing renders.

Otherwise, I like the story. The game is pretty darned good!
    I like the girls and where things are going.

I'll mention the warning the dev made though. A lot of religious lore is used here. So follow your principles. Don't let the majority being fine with this make your decision if you would not otherwise be fine with your religious lore being used this way. I'm honestly on the fence with this one but leaning as I am quite the unfortunate hypocrite. I welcome and actually implore you to be better than me. Just because you're on f95 doesn't mean you have to have completely given up.

Edit:
    Final remark. @PrometheusEVN and fellow players
    This is in fact blasphemy. There's no ifs or maybes.
    The definition of blasphemy is not relative or up to a believer's discretion. That means this is out of our hands.

I'm not a member of every religion like the dude in life of pi. However I imagine most religions will agree that changing religious=holy scriptures is infact blasphemy.
    Thus the only choice left to the player is.. . . . Will you partake and blatantly blaspheme too?. . . .

Since I came to this realization. . . if I still want to play this. I will have to go into each update and make adjustments to the story and lore. It won't be the first time. But that is still playing with fire or dancing in flames
  6. 2.00 star(s)

InstaPrincess

How is it that no one here can ever tell a decent adult story? I am not a fan of reworks, but this can really only benefit from it. The writing feels like it devolved from a 14y old boy's wet dream.

Yet another super-horny, mentally challenged protagonist, that tries to hump every leg he sees? Check!

A bunch of girls with no agenda other than him and no discernable personality other than their token trait? Check!

I am so sick of this juvenile BS. Seriously.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

buonbed

Absolutely loving it so far, the beginning it's a little rough but not as bad as you probably think it is, Act 2 it's something else tho, the improvement on writing, lighting, composition and character design really shows.
    The story it's way more interesting and epic than i could ever imagine and man, the humor cracked me up, this is shaping up to be one of my favourites and hopefully the community will agree, great job!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

kameohawk

Good game.
    Renders are ok given the limitations. The usual issues of the MC's dick sticking out like the branch of a tree. It's probably not a game you'll play for the sex, but the story is quite engaging so there's no real loss there.

The only negative I have about the game is it's of a type where the MC (and by association you) knows infinitely less than literally ever other character you speak to. So you speak a lot of time going "what the hell's going on" and seeing your MC go "huh?" and "what does that mean?". Not a HUGE issue and I appreciate for a compelling narrative there needs to be some mystery but I think some exposition would help a little. But then again it's only v0.5 (although I have only played up till 0.4 and 0.4 does end on a "perhaps I should explain" note so perhaps what I'm talking about is coming)

All in all it's a solid game, worth following but one I'll certainly support going forward. Interested to see what comes of it. I mean.... apart from a number of characters getting a dicking, that kind of goes without saying.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

groudor

An excellent game with good renders considering the old engine on which run. The plot is interesting and the dialogues are engaging and not too verbose. The only advice I can give is to give more time to the girls to jump on MC because it feel a bit rushed for certain characters. Game clearly inspired by "Once in Lifetime", I won't forgive the author if the character I think he is doesn't turn out to be the next Stabby Mike ;)
  10. 3.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Dunno......The start was very weird to me and thats not great for a first impression.
    You are tricked to go shopping with your sister which arent blood related which is fine, you walk down the streets when a homeless dude with barely any clothes on pops out in front of you with a machine gun and is about to shoot your sister, why? who is he? whats the point? none of that made sense, then you freeze time and you break every bone in the dudes body so apprently your a very violent MC, then when time starts again you tell your sister its all good and they stand up and go back home....
    The sister dosent wonder much about what happened or even notice how the homeless dude is now lieing on the streets with broken bones, its just all back to normal.....

MC being adopted into the familie is fine, but the girls saying stuff like "we cant do that your my brother it would be weird" is a little stupid since they arent brother and sister.

Also one of hes sisters is hes best friend which he never has any secrets with, but for some unknown/stupid and weird reason he cant tell he about hes powers, but its fine having the older sister help him with it, insted he lies to hes best friend about him being together with the big sister sexualy (big sisters idea).....
    I just feel like its stupid and with how they all think its worng then that would be the most stupid lie to use, not only that the big sister knows MC has a ting for Emily so in what world would it make sense for her to come up with a lie that could ruin MCs chances with Emily? and Big sis think it will help MC get with Emily? in what world would that make sense, (Hey Emily iam fucking your big sis, now you want me to right?) come on.....
    It really feels like there hasent been put any thoughts into making this part of the story.

The hole Camilla coming back also made little to no sense, why MC doseent question her ALOT more about why she never contacted him or how she was dead in the police report, he just blindly trust her and ask nothing, MC being 100% brainless dosent help the story.
    Also if MC is so importen why not just let him in on whats going on, being clueless would only add to the chance of him getting killed.

Also with Camilla asking MC if hes a virgin game plays like he has had sex even if he dident which is a bit off, its like game thinks you said yes to the new friend of the sister even if you dident.
    But atleast it works with Emily where you tell her your a virgin.

Virgin scene wasent really anything special, its played out as shes being deflowered but she dosent have much pain or blood or anything she just sits on the dick and fuck so a bit of a fail on that part.

But enough about the story that makes little to no sense, game isent all bad but at most average, it might have a chance to improve later since story has pretty much only gotten started at this point of V.0.4, so i will get back to it at a later time and adjust my review for better or worse as game gets going, but for now i find it just average.

Story 3/5
    It dident really capture me, a bit boring and some things was just weird to me, to the point of making no sense at times, story seems to pick up now at the end of 0.4 so it can become better or worse, ill try it again later after more updates.

Girls 2/5
    Not really a fan of the looks and it dident help that the main focus was big tits which is only a turn-off to me.

Animations 3/5
    Well its the standard average stuff, not bad but far from great.

Music 3/5
    Average background music, not setting moods or anything but ofc better then silent.

Updates 2/5
    Game is close to two years old and is a 0.4 updates seems decent in size but they are slow coming, which means it will be a long time before game gets done and you might forget half the story between updates.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Badkarmakid

Review of v0.4

I honestly feel pretty conflicted about this game. On one hand I had a fun time playing it and reading the story. The graphics and renders are quite well done for it being yet another HS2 derived game. The models used for the characters all seem to be custom made and have had a good deal of attention to detail put into their design. The h-scenes are okay, since it's an HS2 game you've probably seen the animations before. Getting to know the different characters and immersing myself in the world being presented was a pleasure.

On the other hand the whole thing feels very samey to some other games I've played. The adoptive family characters while fun are also entirely cliche and don't feel very unique. You've got the older sister with a mean streak that likes to bully you around, the middle sister that is your best friend and doesn't seem to have any other defining characteristics, the hyperactive younger sister that is constantly vying for your attention and approval and the single mother raising you all that spends all of her time at work and has no time for herself. If that sounds familiar to you then we're on the same page.

The story I guess is the strongest aspect that this game has to offer. While at a glance it also feels familiar and samey it also introduces some of it's own lore too keep things fresh. A boy that has had tragedy after tragedy after tragedy befall him learns that he has certain powers and vows to master them so that no more tragedies will harm those he loves. Except that there are others that would have him use his powers to further their own agendas.

Honestly that's my biggest gripe with the game currently. I have no idea who I can trust or not. Group after group after group show up and promise that they are in fact the good guys and that the prior groups where lying to MC and not to trust them. After the 3rd time it happens it all becomes very tiresome to deal with. It doesn't make me feel intrigued to find out the truth it's just frustrating that we just keep getting jerked around with no real idea of what is going on. Maybe next update we'll finally get some concrete answers instead of just more questions, I doubt it though.

This review ended up being far more critical than I intended it to be but this is how I honestly feel about the game. It's better than some games that you'll find here but there are also better ones out there, at least in my opinion. There's nothing outright wrong or bad with the game it just overall feels meh to me.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.4

Edit: It seems like a rework of the beginning of the game is actually planned, so take my review with a bit of salt. I plan to check this out again whenever that drops. Going to restructure this review in the meantime to sound less like a dick and better describe my issues with this.

I admittedly had higher expectations going in. Seeing all the praise and multiple comparisons to games that are widely considered some of the best among the site made me believe this just had to be good. Like I was in for a treat. Perhaps that's why I felt almost duped upon actually playing, though that part isn't the dev's fault

The game begins with a little exposition about the MC being a cursed child who's had multiple foster families die, but has finally settled in with his newest one. We then start with a scene between the MC and "sister." She guilts us into going shopping with her. Alright, cliché but fun.

Nevermind, the game skips that. Instead we get a scene straight out of a Bollywood action movie. Cut to the MC and sister walking down the street 3 hours later. A homeless man in his underwear suddenly appears holding a rifle, and for who knows what reason, is about to shoot our sister. After a bit of "NOOO NOT AGAIN" the MC freezes time and instantly turns the homeless man into a pretzel. Time unfreezes, the MC tells her not to worry and that he saved her, and they move on like normal?

It's... bizarre in a way that's almost jarring for me. I get it's trying to be goofy/humorous, but man that did not land for me. But I could get past weird humor if anything else would have been better. In the bit I played, it was not.

The game hits negative after negative for me pretty quickly. There's just no redeemable qualities to talk about besides the models looking fine. Shallow events that felt randomly thrown in, extremely basic dialogue and choices, bad pacing, rushed relationship development, uninspired character tropes, and a forgettable MC. Maybe the plot itself gets interesting? I didn't make it that far.

I'm going to be real, I did not make it past 30 minutes. Maybe the game gets even astronomically better after those 30 minutes, but absolutely nothing in that time I played made me want to even think about continuing. Now it sounds like things do improve a lot later, but I'm just not one to trudge through on the chance it actually does.

You can probably make a case that I'm taking this game way too seriously (and maybe I am honestly) but I need SOMETHING man. If the intro ever got redone and things both slowed down and got way more fleshed out before throwing what it does at you, I'd try it again at the least.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

sampow

Fuck me this was good! Just played for the first time through to the end of episode 4. Very cool story and well written too. Nice pacing, had me intrigued from the very beginning. Can't wait for the next update. Plus I loved the intro music, a powerful song for a powerful story!
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Rockero_69

Wow, it was worth the waiting time, it was a great update with several revelations, the progress of the story, the new characters, the powers and everything else, it is very good and as always they leave us with the expectation of what is to come come; My favorite part, although sad, was the Chloe thing (the union of Emily and Melanie, that was also good), oh and about the Femdom thing, as mild as it was, it would have been good if there was also the counterpart and likewise in a mild way because it was who is Jessy, in particular I think that Femdom suits Melanie better, although submitting her would also be very, very attractive, finally I just hope that the next update doesn't take too long, because I will be looking forward to it and if you have more luck, keep going in the game and greetings
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Summertime Nickname

There are a number of notable strengths and a few prominent weaknesses. Among the drawbacks is the graphics. While the visual aspect is executed decently, it appears, to be frank, rather outdated. A strong point lies in the plot. It is sufficiently unexpected and well-described. I was not particularly fond of how the relationships with women develop extremely rapidly. There is a lack of progression - everything happens too quickly. I did not notice any bugs at all. The sounds are reasonably well done. The intimate scenes are portrayed quite weakly. The volume of content allows for about one evening of gameplay. Overall, the game is decent."
  16. 5.00 star(s)

BlueBasil

Good use of HS models with an excellent story and better humor than the usual ham-fisted over the top slapstick in most VNs using similar models. Story starts slow but quickly finds it's stride. Overall an enjoyable start that I hope continues in this vein.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

hornydrifter

Usually the big 'epic fantasy' games end up being either super corny or, on rare occasions, pretty awesome. This is thankfully the latter.
    It started off kinda slow, and the dialogue was a bit of a drag with some of the less-interesting characters, and I did worry about some of the plotlines I THOUHT I saw coming up...but the end of the current content comes out of nowhere, ramps everything up to 10, and was honestly pretty fucking awesome.

The characters are cute, if not a bit 'uncanny valley', but I do think the lewd scenes feel a bit forced. I understanding the need to put SOME into the content, to tide people over, but some of them...I dunno, if I wasn't worried saying 'no' would cause me to miss a LI, I'd have passed on about half of them. Not because the girls aren't interesting or attractive, just for storyline sakes.

HOWEVER, still a very good game, and now I am fully invested. Looking forward to future updates for sure!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

schmonk

Great game so far. Characters look good and interesting. Story is pretty decent and I'm sure it will get even better in the future. Animation in the scenes is also high quality. I'm getting 'Once in a lifetime' vibes from which is a great thing
    I can see this becoming one of my favorites. Definitely worth trying out. 4.5/5
  19. 5.00 star(s)

RikiTikiTavi77

If this is a first outing, then it is an astonishing one. Every aspect of this project is of the highest tier. It catches your attention pretty quickly and it is definitely worth sticking with. I am looking forward to more updates and hope they come quickly. The story is great, and worth following, the characters are both gorgeous and interesting, and the scenes are well done and thought out. I can think of no criticisms for this game, it is already on an amazing path I hope continues. Quickly. Like get to it, dude. This is probably already top 10 on this site and few creators come close to competing at this level of delivery.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

HeartBreakerGaming

So we've got a modern day supernatural with Mythology. Right off the bat im hooked, I mean gods and super powers, thats awesome. The game does a decent job of balancing both Slice of Life/Romance plots and the Mythology plot. Though it leans more towards the SOL/ Romance. The story is pretty interesting along with the characters.

The romance itself is done pretty well normally when it comes to the Main Li's in love with the MC right off the bat im not a fan. Mostly because its not like they thirst after him, they have known each other for years and you can tell they all truly love each other they simply push it down do to their relationship status as a family. Now Aria's relationship with James felt way too fast.

One thing i dont like that i mentioned in the comments, you can easily lose Natalies and Melanie path if you are not careful, Melanie has a choice where despite that choice still giving you a point, because the other choice gives 2 points you now no longer have enough points for all the future scenes with Melanie which essentially closes her path for good which is ridiculous even if you chose every other option right, because of one wrong missed point early on you lose her path completely whats worse is in the stat page it doesnt tell you, you lost it right then and there. In the moms case, there is a scene she is drunk and you are given the option to touch her tits or not, if you do not touch her tits it closes her path for good, again ridiculous not everyone wants to take advantage of a drunk woman, and on top of that its not like that scene actually leads anywhere.

But with that rant out the way, the Sexual Content is pretty good, most girls have at least one scene with the exception of 3 of them, the scenes themselves are all pretty short and simple along with the animations. The renders and character models are pretty average, nothing special. Though of course when it comes to character models its all preference.

Overall i gave this game a 5.3/10 which is not a bad score it simple means its an average game, once the story picks up more it will probably go up.