CWIPS

Jul 2, 2019
The way you describe the game's behavior seems more like a windows 10 issue to me. I do have a possible solution for you, but it will require all the files from the OP... so I truly hope you have kept a copy of your downloads somewhere safe. I will mention also that I've played this game on 2 separate computers many, many times over the years and never once did the game crash on me. I have seen the freeze & spinning logo often though; that's a windows 10 thing, however. Also, the videos/images not loading can happen when playing hours at a time but is easily fixed by saving, closing the game and reloading the save file. Not your issue imo.

Long story short, windows 10 keeps a lot of data in its memory to seem way better/faster performing than it actually is. It also never actually cleans or disposes of any data in its memory unless you do one specific action... a RESTART. Not a power off & power on, or shutdown then power on... only a RESTART will work. This is why any update of any software, including windows 10 itself requires one or multiple RESTARTS.

There are 2 key side effects to that. First, computers that have not been shut down for long periods of time will display noticeable degradation of performance over time. Second, a corrupted version of a software will remain in memory in its corrupted version until 'purged' from the memory itself.

If I'm right about this, the second situation applies to your issues. Here is what you have to do.
1. Delete your installation of EVIL 2 completely. No trace of it can remain.
2. In your windows menu, click on power, then RESTART. (This will purge evil 2 from your computer's memory)
3. Reinstall EVIL 2 as instructed in the OP.
4. Launch the game and scream for joy as it now works perfectly (fingers crossed)

Hope this solves your issues with the game acting so weird. I believe it should. Good luck.
Interesting, I won't be doing it tonight but I'll try it tomorrow and get back to you. I do shut down the pc every night though and while it does remain powered on for most of the day, I'm not sure it would constitute such a long period of time as you mentioned. But, we'll see!

darkpoenplace

Aug 7, 2021
Interesting, I won't be doing it tonight but I'll try it tomorrow and get back to you. I do shut down the pc every night though and while it does remain powered on for most of the day, I'm not sure it would constitute such a long period of time as you mentioned. But, we'll see!
I understand how confusing this is but what you are saying is exactly what I expected. How windows 10 works is extremely counter-intuitive when it comes to memory. Shutting down your PC every day is effectively the same as letting it powered on. A shutdown is in terms of memory the same as putting the PC in sleep mode. In other words, even though you shut it down every single day, your PC has been running non-stop since your last RESTART as far as your PC's memory is concerned.

It's a complicated matter that I suggest you look up on youtube from actual experts to fully understand how it actually works and how it affects your PC's performance.

Do let me know if your issue was solved.

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
The problem is specific to your PC. It could be anything from your anti-virus to your hard drive going to sleep, to a 3rd party video codec, to a buggy video driver, to bad memory, to a software conflict, to a virus/worm/spyware/malware, etc.

There is a small delay when starting a new day but other than that the game runs great. Some players have to shut the game down and restart it after a few hours of gameplay when the pictures and videos stop showing up in game. I've never had this issue personally. I believe it is related to video memory being full but since I have 8GB of video memory I never see it.

It could take 20 pages of forum posts before your issue is solved. This thread isn't for PC troubleshooting. There are other threads for that. I do hope you find the problem though!

CWIPS

Jul 2, 2019
I understand how confusing this is but what you are saying is exactly what I expected. How windows 10 works is extremely counter-intuitive when it comes to memory. Shutting down your PC every day is effectively the same as letting it powered on. A shutdown is in terms of memory the same as putting the PC in sleep mode. In other words, even though you shut it down every single day, your PC has been running non-stop since your last RESTART as far as your PC's memory is concerned.

It's a complicated matter that I suggest you look up on youtube from actual experts to fully understand how it actually works and how it affects your PC's performance.

Do let me know if your issue was solved.
Starting fresh from today and the problem remains. Last night I deleted the folders and this morning started up the pc and redownloaded the game, and installed as per the instructions in the OP. Started a new game. QSP crashed very early on. I have long ago disabled the Fast Startup feature in Windows 10 that prevents it from shutting down properly (I remember doing this a month after building the PC, two and a half years ago) when telling it to do that, so I don't think that's the issue. I've played a handful of other QSP games and I've noticed it's just a very unstable program in general. It's probably not for nothing that the OP warns to use the version that's packaged with the game and no other. Girl Life appears to generally be stable and run with no issues but other games have been quite crash happy and buggy from what I can remember.

The problem is specific to your PC. It could be anything from your anti-virus to your hard drive going to sleep, to a 3rd party video codec, to a buggy video driver, to bad memory, to a software conflict, to a virus/worm/spyware/malware, etc.

There is a small delay when starting a new day but other than that the game runs great. Some players have to shut the game down and restart it after a few hours of gameplay when the pictures and videos stop showing up in game. I've never had this issue personally. I believe it is related to video memory being full but since I have 8GB of video memory I never see it.

It could take 20 pages of forum posts before your issue is solved. This thread isn't for PC troubleshooting. There are other threads for that. I do hope you find the problem though!
I also have 8GB of GPU ram, the hard drive is not going to sleep as it is constantly going through a huge playlist of MP3's and besides, I've set my drives to not go to sleep until there's been twenty minutes of inactivity, and while playing I'm not taking twenty minutes in between actions. I could transfer it to my SSD but I doubt I'll see a difference there. Buggy drivers, bad RAM, virus or other malware issues I don't think so. I have a lot of games installed on this and I have problems with absolutely none of them. I don't think it's an issue of video memory being full when the game is either crashing very early on or taking forever to do anything relatively quickly.

I could run the game inside a VM and I would be willing to bet it'd be just as unstable in there. I guess I'll just have to do without this game.

Henryhyde

May 25, 2017
I have been playing this for a while with no problems using the break slave command (yes I cheat) once I have tased a woman as a cab drive or rolling around the town. Now with a new game I just started the break slave command shows up in the stats listed for the captured woman but she refuses to sign the slave contract. She is unbound and i tried flogging with the woman unrestrained and the dialog says something like Daddy I just came from the flogging. No need to flog the person any more. Is this a bug or did you change the requirements for breaking a slave? I attached my most recent save.

Thanks for checking this.

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
I have been playing this for a while with no problems using the break slave command (yes I cheat) once I have tased a woman as a cab drive or rolling around the town. Now with a new game I just started the break slave command shows up in the stats listed for the captured woman but she refuses to sign the slave contract. She is unbound and i tried flogging with the woman unrestrained and the dialog says something like Daddy I just came from the flogging. No need to flog the person any more. Is this a bug or did you change the requirements for breaking a slave? I attached my most recent save.

Thanks for checking this.
This has already been fixed in a recent patch.

https://f95zone.to/threads/evil-2-v0-62-community-project.41582/post-9548641

Replace the existing files with the ones in this patch.

Reactions: Henryhyde

Henryhyde

May 25, 2017

hichy13

Feb 2, 2020
Hello I have something to ask
Whenever I load the file, the preview screen open too
How can i fix it?

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
How to be a good player

The best way to thank a developer or player for their help, post, or new release is to 'Like' their post. If every player replied with "Thanks" it would add a huge number of new pages to the game thread that players would have to read through. This is what the 'Like' button is for, to say "Thank you". A reply post saying "Thank you" is not needed. Just like the post which is better and takes up less forum space.

Save your game frequently and don't save over the same save game slot every time. I can't count the number of times players ended up with a corrupted save game and they only had one save.

Use the search feature of the site before asking questions. Also, read the last several pages of forum posts to see if your question has already been answered. This shows respect and that you attempted to research the problem yourself.

Read ALL of the information on the OP before asking questions. Close to 50% of all questions asked in this thread have already been answered on the OP.

Have an awesome day and happy gaming!

Henryhyde

May 25, 2017
i noticed that using the box again cheat during professional matches resets the time (in my case) from 12:30 at the end of the match to 12:00 each time before the next match. I am guessing this is potentially a bug

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
i noticed that using the box again cheat during professional matches resets the time (in my case) from 12:30 at the end of the match to 12:00 each time before the next match. I am guessing this is potentially a bug
Working as designed.

Reactions: Henryhyde
3.90 star(s) 27 Votes