VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Evil In Us [v0.4] [SinnerMonkey]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.4...

Originally Reviewed on 12/22/2017

This erotic visual novel/game feels sort of rushed and has several issues that I'll elaborate on below... It is also a very confusing story, but I was able to sort of figure a few things out... There also isn't a whole lot of content right now...

The visuals are not all that great, especially the characters... They look very substandard, although a few characters look better than others... An example would be the male protagonists Johnson, it almost looks slightly detached or it's placement is completely unnatural looking... Another example are some of the characters eyes look either misshapen or way too dark... Or how fake the characters models look, very reminiscent of 3D models from years back... The backdrops are not great either, and don't look like any hospital room I've ever seen... Perhaps a room in an assisted living facility, but that is as close as it gets... It's totally immersion breaking...

The script is primarily broken English, as well as having lots of spelling and grammar errors... It was very hard to understand, as the English was poorly translated/interpreted... The plot is a bit confusing as well, even though I did get that there was a mystery to it... The male protagonist has memory loss and is told by a doctor and a nurse (both of which don't look their roles) that he was in a terrible accident and that police want to talk to him... He begins to see his own alter ego and gains a sort of mind control ability, due to some pills he's taking... He's locked in his room and some strange girl talks to him and visits him from another room through the joining ventilation shaft... Everything about this story is confusing, and it feels very rushed... Even the erotic scene between the nurse and the protagonist seems forced and out of place, almost as if a sex scene was just thrown at the reader/player in order to just have one, in the current content... I do see that the author/s are trying to portray this deep mysterious plot to the story, but it all feels so rushed and confusing...

Overall I'm not impressed with this VN/Game either visually or with it's script... I see there is a mysterious plot brewing, but the execution of the story is rushed, poor quality, and hard to read... This VN/game is still in it's early stages of development, but I expected more for a version number of 0.4 (that is almost the half way point)... I will definitely not be revisiting this one, as I'm not all that impressed...