rontantes

Jan 2, 2018
Is there a big win to playing this in addition to WTM Academy? Or does WTM Academy effectively supercede this game?

FloppySausage

Jan 10, 2021
I remember there being a pregnancy mod in the early stages of this game.
Although it wasn't the best, it was a good start.
Does anyone have any plans on continuing it in WTM?

blkhawk

May 25, 2017
Is there a big win to playing this in addition to WTM Academy? Or does WTM Academy effectively supercede this game?
Sadly I think WTM is missing the corruption system or it is not as pronounced as in Exam Day. In Exam Day the Girls reach a threshold where they stop trying to do the Exam and start actually helping you instead of hindering.

Reactions: NautghtyWizard

X-Hound

Dec 17, 2022
I just wanted to express that I think this is one of the best games I have played. In my opinion it's innovative and different. It hits many of my personal preferences. Granted I am very new to the community, and probably haven't played as many games or whatever, but after stumbling upon Exam Day, I haven't found any other game that entertains me as much.

I know the game says abandoned, but I just wanted to express my gratitude and how much I have enjoyed this game, in hopes that it reaches the developer, Helot Games. Your idea/vision for this was great.

I also found out about the WTM version, and while that one is also great and has provided many nights of entertainment, I find myself enjoying Exam Day more. It's a shame this one had to be abandoned. I hope things are going well for the developer, and I hope Helot Games can make a return some day hopefully not too far off, it would count with my full support!

Meek Games

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2023
Dang, it really pains me that this game seems abandoned. I really really liked it! Maybe the developer will start development again? :/

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Yes I know of this, but I think I agree with X-Hound's comment that the original Examination Day is just a more catchy game for me.
Well, it happens. Going there might still be worth it to get tips on modding the game (either WTM or this version) to one's preferences, i guess.

Reactions: Meek Games

ruarogue1

Feb 11, 2020
So trying out my first mod. Not a programmer and it's my first time coding in ren'py and python but only took about a day with research and testing. Fun game and not much out there like it. To me a main goal of the game is to steal the girls panties until she doesn't have anymore. However the stash only showing 33 items makes that hard to grasp the progress so I focused on expanding the stash. Probably not the most efficient way but it works and I did reduce the total lines of code. Addicted girls stay in the room meaning if you don't steal them all before they become addicted it's never possible so I tweaked it so they don't care and leave them behind anyway. I didn't add in any upper bounds so if you grab too many there could potentially be issues. The game started doing weird things when updating the girls stats, possibly because I was using a different version of Ren'py? I mean I only understand half of what the code is doing anyway but I just added in some rounding, may make the progression a little off from intended but shouldn't be too noticeable. Interested in feedback on the changes and if there is anything else you'd like to see. Anyway just dump the files into the renpy\game folder, relaunch if necessary and enjoy. You really should start a new game with this mod. Due to how some things were initialized you could see some oddities depending on progress already made. Also fixed a bug that when a girl passes and leaves the game the next girl coming in on Monday could get the same id as another girl causing some duplication if they are in the exam room together. Since the mod addresses how new girls are added it doesn't check and fix it for girls already in place so start a new game. Oh yeah and I fixed the code so it only removes one copy of a type of panty instead of all that it finds. I think that's it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gasai

sls8181

Sep 21, 2020
So trying out my first mod. Not a programmer and it's my first time coding in ren'py and python but only took about a day with research and testing. Fun game and not much out there like it. To me a main goal of the game is to steal the girls panties until she doesn't have anymore. However the stash only showing 33 items makes that hard to grasp the progress so I focused on expanding the stash. Probably not the most efficient way but it works and I did reduce the total lines of code. Addicted girls stay in the room meaning if you don't steal them all before they become addicted it's never possible so I tweaked it so they don't care and leave them behind anyway. I didn't add in any upper bounds so if you grab too many there could potentially be issues. The game started doing weird things when updating the girls stats, possibly because I was using a different version of Ren'py? I mean I only understand half of what the code is doing anyway but I just added in some rounding, may make the progression a little off from intended but shouldn't be too noticeable. Interested in feedback on the changes and if there is anything else you'd like to see. Anyway just dump the files into the renpy\game folder, relaunch if necessary and enjoy. You really should start a new game with this mod. Due to how some things were initialized you could see some oddities depending on progress already made. Also fixed a bug that when a girl passes and leaves the game the next girl coming in on Monday could get the same id as another girl causing some duplication if they are in the exam room together. Since the mod addresses how new girls are added it doesn't check and fix it for girls already in place so start a new game. Oh yeah and I fixed the code so it only removes one copy of a type of panty instead of all that it finds. I think that's it.
I did try to play with it but reached an error that should be fixed in initt.rpy, l. 88, playerPanties should be an array ([]) not a dictionary ({}). Did not try much more, since I overwritted the save showing the error.

Otherwise, unsure if this is true as I played with the textual mode instead of numeric one and if it related to rounding but felt that initial corruption was a little bit more difficult, whereas the latter was somehow similar or easier.

Did not see any other significant changes and as for me the main advantages of this compared to the spin-off are :
1. Different difficulty calibration (there is actually best path to corrupt)
2. The main goal is for me to corrupt the girl(s) to sex addict(s) instead of collecting their panties
3. Point (1) said, WTM Academy should be better starting the next update, since (1) is a static algorithm which does only depends her intelligence & experience and no trait(s).
4. More streamline to a core mechanic, instead of the photoshoot one (exhibition increases by successful photoshoot)

I don’t really get the «patch.zip», latest stock version seems good enough for me.

PS: Sorry if bad english, non native speaker here...
PPS: The main defect on Examination Days was the daily RNG() of the 3 girls according to their corruption level or if they were new. It seems to me that this was fixed along the way.

Reactions: Gasai

ruarogue1

Feb 11, 2020
Thanks for checking it out. Yeah I rethought the patch.zip naming convention as it's confusing and had updated a few things yesterday as I found some issues on my own over the weekend including the array error so new name is ExamDayPantyMod and I edited the post with updated attachment and comments earlier today and deleted that one. I know WTM has a lot more features with a completely different focus but it changed a lot of the features and it is easier to mess around with this game. Sex addicts is also a main goal here but I didn't have any major ideas for updating that mechanic, seems to work well enough. Yes due to the rounding I expect some playthroughs to be harder and some easier but it should roughly average out. Just decided to pick this up as a side project to see if I could get it to do what I wanted and since it didn't take too long figured I'd put it up here and maybe do more updates later done the road.

sls8181

Sep 21, 2020
Thanks for checking it out. Yeah I rethought the patch.zip naming convention as it's confusing and had updated a few things yesterday as I found some issues on my own over the weekend including the array error so new name is ExamDayPantyMod and I edited the post with updated attachment and comments earlier today and deleted that one. I know WTM has a lot more features with a completely different focus but it changed a lot of the features and it is easier to mess around with this game. Sex addicts is also a main goal here but I didn't have any major ideas for updating that mechanic, seems to work well enough. Yes due to the rounding I expect some playthroughs to be harder and some easier but it should roughly average out. Just decided to pick this up as a side project to see if I could get it to do what I wanted and since it didn't take too long figured I'd put it up here and maybe do more updates later done the road.
No biggie, I just looked at the differences between your first archive and the last one, there is indeed a few more modifications (I was looking at self.pantyID which seemed either redundant with self.currentPanties or of the wrong type (integer instead of string)). I won’t have the time to test it until mid-july I think, since I planned to test WTM Academy.

ruarogue1

Feb 11, 2020
It might be redundant if self.currentPanties stores the value; I didn't dive too deep into what that list contains. I know it looks like it stores an integer since that is what is initially generated but it actually grabs the store value if I am saying that right which is a string and uses that in retrospective to just remove one value from the wardrobe list instead of iterating through the whole thing and removing all matches. If there are improvements to be made there I am open to suggestions but it does work as intended.

sls8181

Sep 21, 2020
It might be redundant if self.currentPanties stores the value; I didn't dive too deep into what that list contains. I know it looks like it stores an integer since that is what is initially generated but it actually grabs the store value if I am saying that right which is a string and uses that in retrospective to just remove one value from the wardrobe list instead of iterating through the whole thing and removing all matches. If there are improvements to be made there I am open to suggestions but it does work as intended.
Hi,
Here is the patches that you did with minor improvements. I am using GitBash and so from a vanilla build you should unzip in the game and perform the "git apply <name-of-the-patch>" in the correct order. Modifications compared to your last are:
1. Use an integer as previously mentionned (pantyID was renamned idOfPantyInWardrobe)
2. In the stash, remove a minor text bug (the '[u<...>]')
3. Remove some messages about what would be implemented since the game is abandonned.

I did valid 1 and 2 with a play in easy mode, until 1 panty was removed but not the 3rd point. Hopefully it would work for you.
Will now play the WTM update... ^^
Have a nice weekend

4.20 star(s) 23 Votes