4.60 star(s) 91 Votes

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I just want a trans option for Tahir.
Tahir is written as and identifies as a man though so I don't see that happening since you would have to rewrite parts of the story. I don't understand what Time E could do to make him trans anyway he is already feminine enough so would he just be giving him tits? that would end up doubling the renders for him so I don't see that as being viable.

Reactions: RedNoise

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Tahir is written as and identifies as a man though so I don't see that happening since you would have to rewrite parts of the story. I don't understand what Time E could do to make him trans anyway he is already feminine enough so would he just be giving him tits? that would end up doubling the renders for him so I don't see that as being viable.
sexuality is more fluid in some. given the universe time has has created--anything is possible as magic is present, could be something near the beginning.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
sexuality is more fluid in some. given the universe time has has created--anything is possible as magic is present, could be something near the beginning.
I still don't understand what you think Time E could actually do to make Tahir trans though even if he wanted to. Is it just a short couple of lines of Tahir saying he is trans I don't see why he should even bother doing something so minor it seems kind of pointless to even bother.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I still don't understand what you think Time E could actually do to make Tahir trans though even if he wanted to. Is it just a short couple of lines of Tahir saying he is trans I don't see why he should even bother doing something so minor it seems kind of pointless to even bother.
again, this is a world of magic. some prefer a trans girl to a femboy but like Tahir.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
again, this is a world of magic. some prefer a trans girl to a femboy but like Tahir.
I know it's a world of magic and I understand some people prefer a trans girl but I don't understand how Tahir could actually be made trans. What do you expect the developer to do to make him trans? do you expect him to make completely separate renders for male Tahir and trans Tahir? or do you want him to rewrite entire parts of the story and have separate variables for male and trans Tahir?

The entire sex scene in Tahir's cell in this update would have to have to be written twice to account for trans Tahir and male Tahir since right now all of Tahir's dialogue is dirty talk and role play about him being a beta male that has to obey the alpha MC.

• Haha
Reactions: timepants

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I know it's a world of magic and I understand some people prefer a trans girl but I don't understand how Tahir could actually be made trans. What do you expect the developer to do to make him trans? do you expect him to make completely separate renders for male Tahir and trans Tahir? or do you want him to rewrite entire parts of the story and have separate variables for male and trans Tahir?

The entire sex scene in Tahir's cell in this update would have to have to be written twice to account for trans Tahir and male Tahir since right now all of Tahir's dialogue is dirty talk and role play about him being a beta male that has to obey the alpha MC.
All I'm saying is what I would like--i'm not asking or demanding.... He has me on ignore, anyway.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I didn't think you were demanding anything I was just trying to understand what you expected him to do to make Tahir trans that's all.
As it is, there could be any number of ways to have it flow with the story. He could do it to gain the MC's affection like Shauna did in WVM.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
As it is, there could be any number of ways to have it flow with the story. He could do it to gain the MC's affection like Shauna did in WVM.
I never played WVM that much since I didn't really like it so I don't know what you mean with that example. Though we are now going to circle back to my original point.

I understand it could be possible within the game world to make Tahir trans but it just isn't viable. Tahir says in game that he is a gay man and was created and designed by the developer as a man and this far into development going back and making massive rewrites to the story and the developer's original vision for the game would take way to much time and effort that could be better used for future updates of the game.

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
It would definitely need rewrites (and renders obviously) for that to happen.
The reason Astrid has the option to change is because she's written as someone who's insecure/uncomfortable with her body.
Having an option to make Tahir trans would be just as weird as having that same option for any other character, none of them have any issue with who/what they are, and if the purpose was for the gender to be selectable by the player, the characters would have been written with that in mind.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I know it would require a lot of redoing--i was just throwing my 2 cents in would've wanted it as an option. As for being gay--most trans girls start off as gay... Hell, some even end up lesbians.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Tahir is happy being a femboy. There is no reason for change when the character is already well stabilished as being confortable on his own body. Different from Astrid who wasn't but may start to accept herself if Ashur does the same for her.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
The problem I can see happening is that since Astrid deciding to keep her dick or not is mainly going to be based on the MC being nice and supportive to her. I can see a bunch of people being pissed when she decides to keep her dick because they were arseholes to her throughout the game because she has a dick.
I don't think I have seen any character generate as much sympathy in this community as has been expressed for Astrid. Not sure I have seen when/where "magic" might be involved in this VN although wasn't there a scene where middle brother rubs a lamp, with no result(?).

Hoping for a good outcome for her and appears dev will be offering a couple alternatives.

Really looking forward to seeing how Ashur practices LI management while cooped up at sea aboard a ship.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I don't think I have seen any character generate as much sympathy in this community as has been expressed for Astrid. Not sure I have seen when/where "magic" might be involved in this VN although wasn't there a scene where middle brother rubs a lamp, with no result(?).

Hoping for a good outcome for her and appears dev will be offering a couple alternatives.

Really looking forward to seeing how Ashur practices LI management while cooped up at sea aboard a ship.
Tim E can correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly I think he said a long time ago that some of Astrid's story is based on a trans girl he knew in real life which would explain why it's so well written and able to gain so much sympathy from players.

I think the magic is stuff like the narrator talking to the MC and the mysterious being talking to the MC in his dreams kind of means some magic exists along with the magic lamp and the supernatural creatures which kind of imply some kind of magic exists.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Did you guys missed the giant insectoid monster? How can there be no magic? :LOL:

Besides the voice Zilv hears clearly know things outside of his awareness. Plus the being Ashur talks to in that extra corporeal plane.

• Haha
Reactions: ZakAttak

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Tim E can correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly I think he said a long time ago that some of Astrid's story is based on a trans girl he knew in real life which would explain why it's so well written and able to gain so much sympathy from players.

I think the magic is stuff like the narrator talking to the MC and the mysterious being talking to the MC in his dreams kind of means some magic exists along with the magic lamp and the supernatural creatures which kind of imply some kind of magic exists.
Astrid isn’t specifically based on a real person I know but her experiences and things like that are similar. I’ve dated a couple of trans girls so I have at least some insight and ability in trying to handle trans characters with some tact and nuance. Not saying I’m an expert though.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Astrid isn’t specifically based on a real person I know but her experiences and things like that are similar. I’ve dated a couple of trans girls so I have at least some insight and ability in trying to handle trans characters with some tact and nuance. Not saying I’m an expert though.
I think your real life experience helped out a lot in handling Astrid's story in the right way though. There are a few games with trans characters that don't really handle them as well as you though. Apart from Nea from Apartment 69 I can't think of any trans characters that are handled as well as you do with Astrid.

4.60 star(s) 91 Votes