4.60 star(s) 91 Votes

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Oh god, I hope that Tahir and Astrid won't be jealous of each other. If only I could compartmentalize my relationships.

Ashur: You're my BOYFRIEND, and she's my GIRLFRIEND.
This is pretty much the boat that I'm in now. I just got to the Tahir dialogue where I have to decide whether we're just casual or if we're going steady, and the game is telling me there's going to be consequences. Damn it, I don't want consequences. Consequences make me sad!

Like, what sort of consequences? Two LIs getting jealous and forcing me to choose between them and break up with the other consequences? Both LIs getting pissed and both breaking up with me consequences? Being automatically locked out of certain choices/scenes consequences because the game decides it knows what's best for me? YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!

Or maybe sexy consequences, where it opens the door to steer both of them into a totally ahead of its time progressive polyamorous threesome couple? Err, triple?

Or is the main consequence just being locked into taking Tahir with you into the arena? Yes, I skipped ahead in the walkthrough like a filthy cheater. YOU'RE STILL NOT MY REAL DAD!

And have I now used the word consequences so many times that it's doing that thing where words kind of start to lose all meaning in your brain if you repeat them too much?

consequencesconsequencesconsequences

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
This is pretty much the boat that I'm in now. I just got to the Tahir dialogue where I have to decide whether we're just casual or if we're going steady, and the game is telling me there's going to be consequences. Damn it, I don't want consequences. Consequences make me sad!

Like, what sort of consequences? Two LIs getting jealous and forcing me to choose between them and break up with the other consequences? Both LIs getting pissed and both breaking up with me consequences? Being automatically locked out of certain choices/scenes consequences because the game decides it knows what's best for me? YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!

Or maybe sexy consequences, where it opens the door to steer both of them into a totally ahead of its time progressive polyamorous threesome couple? Err, triple?

Or is the main consequence just being locked into taking Tahir with you into the arena? Yes, I skipped ahead in the walkthrough like a filthy cheater. YOU'RE STILL NOT MY REAL DAD!

And have I now used the word consequences so many times that it's doing that thing where words kind of start to lose all meaning in your brain if you repeat them too much?

Far reaching consequences!!!

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Far reaching consequences!!!
I'm starting to wonder if the only real consequences are all of us being stealth-brainwashed into being as "not gay" as 357.

I mean, I came into this game planning to be as straight as possible, and now my boyfriend has a penis, my maybe sort-of girlfriend has a penis, I'm carrying the tragic lover's keepsake of someone with a penis, and I've dom'd an aristocrat (with a penis).

And hell, I sneak into a harem and 3/4ths of the people I manage to hook up with have penises. This is not how I planned on spending my afternoon!

Great game, though. A++

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
I'm starting to wonder if the only real consequences are all of us being stealth-brainwashed into being as "not gay" as 357.

I mean, I came into this game planning to be as straight as possible, and now my boyfriend has a penis, my maybe sort-of girlfriend has a penis, I'm carrying the tragic lover's keepsake of someone with a penis, and I've dom'd an aristocrat (with a penis).

And hell, I sneak into a harem and 3/4ths of the people I manage to hook up with have penises. This is not how I planned on spending my afternoon!

Great game, though. A++
TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I mean I've never considered picking a male LI in any game before Exiles...and now Im a Tahir fanboy and I will go to the end of the world for him...

Deleted member 1565614

Aug 4, 2019
TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I mean I've never considered picking a male LI in any game before Exiles...and now Im a Tahir fanboy and I will go to the end of the world for him...
Do you think that might because male LIs tend to not be written or designed well, or because you may have your own biases?

Reactions: timepants

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Do you think that might because male LIs tend to not be written or designed well, or because you may have your own biases?
that's a good question... I didn't had too many chances to try male LIs in other games before Exiles, but romancing Tahir made me wanna try to explore more bisexual relationships. So far none has come close to Tahir though...I believe Im more gynosexual than anything and I really like how feminine Tahir looks, and that side shave is sexy as fuck...

Mar 23, 2020
There's honestly not many games around with good femboy/trans LIs (even fewer with masculine LIs outside of strict gay games). Most that do tend to have them as side chicks or one offs. It's a great selling point for this game tbh

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
that's a good question... I didn't had too many chances to try male LIs in other games before Exiles, but romancing Tahir made me wanna try to explore more bisexual relationships. So far none has come close to Tahir though...I believe Im more gynosexual than anything and I really like how feminine Tahir looks, and that side shave is sexy as fuck...
Yeah Tahir's looks certainly help a lot. I can count in the fingers of one hand the number of games i know that have pretty femboys. :love:

Reactions: timepants

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018

From way earlier in the thread

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Crusado

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
So far the only romances i truely care for is Astrid and Tahir, those 2 are the most loyal and loving.

Kadijah may be loyal for now but is very shifty, almost always pretty much only looking out for herself and see's the MC and friends as pawns in whatever plans she has.

Aislinn is a flirty yet honourable drunken pirate, I don't know what goes on in her head.

Zilv is a good pal and a bit daft since he hears voices, but i have zero interest in big muscle guys so no chance for his romance, just buddies.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
So far the only romances i truely care for is Astrid and Tahir, those 2 are the most loyal and loving.

Kadijah may be loyal for now but is very shifty, almost always pretty much only looking out for herself and see's the MC and friends as pawns in whatever plans she has.

Aislinn is a flirty yet honourable drunken pirate, I don't know what goes on in her head.

Zilv is a good pal and a bit daft since he hears voices, but i have zero interest in big muscle guys so no chance for his romance, just buddies.
I'm torn between Astrid and Tahir. Based on the post I just quoted I feel like my prime playthrough should have her as PLI with Tahir as a secondary. I fully intend to have casual relations with the others.

Mystery character could throw a spanner in the works though.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I'm torn between Astrid and Tahir. Based on the post I just quoted I feel like my prime playthrough should have her as PLI with Tahir as a secondary. I fully intend to have casual relations with the others.

Mystery character could throw a spanner in the works though.
I am in the same situation. Torn between both of them on my main playthrough and pending a little to Tahir's side. Not going to lie, would love if it were possible to make this poly Ashur-Astrid-Tahir relationship work somehow. :love:

Kadijah is on my second playthrough. Being shifty is part of her alure as a seductress.

ZIlv is too much of a bro to see him as something else for me.

And we barely know Aislin so i have no opinion formed about her.

4.60 star(s) 91 Votes