4.60 star(s) 91 Votes

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
My main issue with her is she seems far to manipulative and untrustworthy to me and I found her arrogance annoying. I'm playing the game expecting her to betray the party at some point but I understand she will be really useful to the party because of her skills.

I don't know if its just because of the game having the gay tag and the futa/trans tag scared most people off so most of your audience are into gay or trans characters and lean more toward those romances and ignore Kadijah or she is just really unlikable to most people.

It will be interesting to see how popular Aislinn is once she gets more screen time since she might be less polarizing to people or the majority of your audience are less interested in straight romances and she won't be much more popular than Kadijah.
Actually I see her as the opposite, I mean she is manipulative because she has a goal and needs to do everything in her power if she want a chance to succeed, but she is also caring and wont abandon someone who helps her like some kind of peon. After all she didn't need to save us from the arena

Jwow3

May 29, 2019
Actually I see her as the opposite, I mean she is manipulative because she has a goal and needs to do everything in her power if she want a chance to succeed, but she is also caring and wont abandon someone who helps her like some kind of peon. After all she didn't need to save us from the arena
Kadijah is intelligent, confident, determined, and mysterious which I think polarizes her. She takes some story control away from you because she will do what she needs to without you and for adult of harem games I find that to be unusual since they tend to be geared towards the player making choices to influence things directly.

Here, if you oppose Kadijah she will work against you if she needs to and that makes her bad right? But she will also help you out of tight situations so that makes her good right?

She keeps us in the dark on purpose where other characters open up to you with a bit of prodding and let you know that they like and support you. You don't know exactly where Kadijah stands with you and that makes breeds uncertainty. She wants your help but doesn't want to give you all the info about her or the job and makes her feel untrustworthy compared to other characters that seem support you all the way.

On the other hand you do know that she's a dangerous enemy to have and will work against you if you oppose her cause directly or will leave you if you don't want to help her so what do you choose? I think this all makes for a wonderfully written character and dare I say a bit of a deviation from the normal sexy woman character you find in many adult games. Personally I feel like if you gain Kadijah's trust she'd likely be one of the most loyal characters you can find. That's a big IF though :sneaky:

Reactions: Crusado and YRS™

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Funny thing is while her methods may be underhanded she’s kind of right about most things. She was a slave trying to kill a tyrant. Just because the tyrant and at least one of his sons is likeable doesn’t necessarily change that.
Well, there is an argument to be made that when you attempt to kill a tyrant, but fail to plan effectively enough to also eliminate his two sons who are pretty much worse in every way, what you're doing is literally worse than doing absolutely nothing. Good intentions but poor execution is at the root of a lot of misery in the world.

The original status quo was seemingly better for the kingdom overall than the current situation in pretty much every way... except possibly for the current status of the magical wishing lamp.

A lot of times a character like her written as a man gets thought of as cool headstrong and mysterious. When it’s written as a woman it becomes “she’s a bitch”.
To some extent, it also depends a bit on how it's presented. Have a male character who is written to be sexually manipulative, willing to sacrifice potential allies as pawns, who generally resorts to underhanded tactics, and people will tend to see them as being a bit scuzzy or slimy. Present them as only having two general tones when talking to the protagonist (either "blatantly manipulative" or "arrogantly dismissive"), and a lot of people will see them as being an asshole. It's pretty much the classic "Vizier" stereotype to some degree. And everyone knows Viziers are universally evil, always.

If anything, having that sort of character be a woman actually might help - because people tend to see it as more acceptable for women to use their "feminine wiles" and more subtle tactics to succeed at high stakes politics (mainly because most cultures prevent them from being more directly aggressive/violent in the way of the traditional action hero). Poison is often described as "a woman's weapon" for a reason. And the audience is usually more likely to forgive attractive women for doing dishonorable things than they are men (at least assuming most of that audience is made up of men).

I think the real issue with her character is this:

My main issue with her is she seems far to manipulative and untrustworthy to me and I found her arrogance annoying. I'm playing the game expecting her to betray the party at some point but I understand she will be really useful to the party because of her skills.
While I assume her arc is going to result in her growing more fond of the main character and seeming more genuinely friendly/affectionate, most of her early dialogue comes across as aloof at best, aggressively arrogant at worst, and the few times where she comes across as friendly or affectionate are almost always manipulative. It's easy to see why some people might find that irritating and lose interest in her right from the outset.

Worse, she doesn't really take no for an answer, and she places you in direct danger because she views her cause as being more important than individual lives (which you could argue is an accurate view from the perspective of a heroic rebel or freedom fighter, but it's also the mindset of the fanatic or zealot). Which can easily exacerbate feelings of distaste for people who are already kind of opposed to her.

In contrast, other LIs are mostly friendly right out of the gate, and are relatively upfront and honorable. So it's much easier to connect with them or see them as being worth pursuing.

Ultimately, it's the risk you take with a more slow-burn style character who comes across a bit abrasive in the beginning. Even if you as the writer know that she has a secret heart of gold or that she's eventually going to thaw out, it'll still take the audience at least a few updates to really warm up to the character if the start is a bit rocky.

As an example, for all the love for Tahir that's going around, we'd probably be seeing a lot more people cold on him if the story had started out with him stabbing us in a fight, later selling us out, and generally being kind of a dick.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Here, if you oppose Kadijah she will work against you if she needs to and that makes her bad right? But she will also help you out of tight situations so that makes her good right?
If someone is helping you out of tight situations, but you're only in those tight situations because of them, should they deserve credit for being helpful? Or should the two things just be seen as sort of cancelling each other out?

Reactions: albul

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
Kadijah is pretty cool, I feel like we'll be butting heads pretty often, but that's what makes it fun, and honestly I'm excited to learn more about her.
Also she's hot, but everyone is hot so you already knew that.

lolman8891

Sep 4, 2020
The good thing is every character has it's own plot, with Kadijah it could be her warming up to MC with time, Astrid will open up more about her past, we could find out more about Zilv's voices etc. Which offers a lot of replayability if you're interested in each LI backstory.

About Kadijah, at first I also thought that she's just a manipulative bitch, who just uses our MC to fulfill her goals, but as the chapter progressed, I saw that she actually cares. That's why i reckon she has that "heart of gold" someone mentioned earlier. It's just early to open up, because at the moment they are in grave danger :D and she's that type that hardly trusts anyone.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I find Kadijah to be a good character, but very unlikable as a LI.
Yeah, that kind of sums it up for me. I can think a character is well-written without necessarily liking them.

Sometimes, not liking a character can be proof that they're well-written, because it means they have their own personality and life outside of just being a cardboard cutout the player can project their own interests and assumptions onto. It's easy to like a character with a cute design if they don't really have a personality to get in the way. Whereas more complex characters are more likely to be somewhat divisive, even without being actively evil or a deliberate antagonist.

4.60 star(s) 91 Votes