VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Exiles [Ch. 3 v0.4.1] [Tim.E.Pants Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

monk456

Characters are fun, story is interesting and love interest are variate and nothing is forced. Sometimes you just want to see a story unfold before you, and some other times, you want to make a story yours, this game is the second one. Nice graphics
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Luxee

A little too gay for me tbqhfam. I was gonna leave it at this but 200 character limit so uhh... Good amount of options which lead to actually separate content, leads to a really nice and refreshing freedom in a genre where most games won't go through that effort. Multiple playthroughs needed to clear all this stuff. I suggest it to anyone to whom the tags look interesting.
    10 outta ten
    Tahir a cute! :3
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Duke Leo

I wanted to like this game a lot, but alas, I do not. The renders are pretty good and the setting is awesome. I was really looking forward to an adventure set in the Arabian nights era, with ventures into other lands to boot. A great sexy adventure! Plus, the options seemed interesting. I'm not exactly looking for trans content, but it can be a plus if done right, and for the most part, this game does that content (and gay too) right.

But...mother-of-god the dialogue and writing are just terrible. At first I laughed at the references and jokes, but when they continued deeper into the game they quickly became annoying, and then actively distracting from the plot. It felt as if the Dev wrote a brief outline of the story, and then instead of filling it in with actual dialogue and depth, the dev just wrote a long string of jokes to link the plot points together.

I'll admit, I only got to the harem before quitting. I just couldn't take it anymore. Not wholly because of the jokes and the active "conversations" between MC and the narrator, but also because I was so bitterly disappointed that a game with such a cool setting was never ever going to achieve its potential.

2 Stars because the renders are good and the game is pretty unique.

P.S. The word "jet" was not unknown in the pre-modern world. It was a common low-level gemstone. So that joke doesn't work on multiple levels.

TL;DR - I wanted a sexy adventure in a timeline that hasn't been explored much but instead I got a game over-run with jokes.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TheLonelyGhost

This is one of the upper tier games I've played on here. The renders are good, the story is good, the writing is good, and the choice system/inclusion is good.

It's chock full of humor, sometimes its a bit too much at once, but I smiled at some of it and laughed at some too. The MC isn't a chad thundercock or a twink "18" year old that makes me roll my eyes. He is fun to play and relatively well written.
    There aren't an ungodly amount of girls that are tripping over the MC's sexual prowess, there are a few and most of them have stories. A few of them have dicks too if that's your thing. And there is an option to shag a couple dudes too.
    My compaison is this: It's the political intrigue of the first few seasons of Game of Thrones meets a certain Disney movie about a middle eastern street rat with a genie. It is really well done and I honestly look forward to playing more.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Spaghett

This, is a good game.
    Is it about the trap ? No.
    Is it about the trans ? No.
    Is it about the straight ? No.
    Is it about the fetish overall ? No.

This is a journey, an adventure, an epic that can only be imagined by the past Greek philosophers about the journey to discover the universe greatest secret of the vest and the bread.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Bossk

I have been playing a lot of games on this site recently and I have to say that this one is great so far and i love everything about it, even if the Narrator sometimes spoils the mood :p The humor can be cheesy but in a good way that actually makes me laugh in places.

But kudos so far to the dev for writing some good non tropey-fetish love interest story lines so far involving Tahir and Astrid.

Most of the games dont give you pansexual options beyond the standard "here are 5 sexy girls to sleep with *insert fetish here* options" romance options and maybe 1 "futa/trans" or "gay" option that's written badly, unless they are the main focus which again relegates the options to "here are 5 examples of this particular sexual/romantic interest" with few options beyond some tropey example of the non traditional choices.

I actually got to the after dinner meetings and was hard pressed to decide who was going to spend the night between the three (though tbh Astrid and Tahir are very unique where as Kadijah’s more of a traditional choice to these games and she put the MC in a very awkward position so it came down to the two of them)

on top of that well written femboi or trans content is very rare so was pleasantly surprised that Astrid and Tahir were more than 1 dimensional fetish inserts.

Also thank you for giving the player the option to make Astrid domme or subby, it annoys me whenever I play these games and the big strong imposing girl with a cock the size of a horse who can stare down an oncoming train and make it flinch becomes a girly subby emotional mess at the merest hint of interest from the MC, like they are broken and just waiting for the "right person" to fix them and will only power bottom at best.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Mobilete

I loved this game, especially Astrid, best game with futa / gay and muscle girl . I will be waiting for new updates playing over and over again. That's exceptional work. yes baby thank you ✋ -Marcos Jeeves(translated)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Bigfootsh

Exiles is a really really good game with a lot a humour, straight, trans and gay optional. Choose to be active or passive could be a plus, but I liked everything of it. That's a really good Job. Thanks.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Hazeti

Despite being very early on in it's development , version 0.3.1 to be exact , Exiles manages to stand out in all the right ways. A lot of care has been given to this project which is very apparent from the writing , the story , the humour and the characters

The game wears it's influences on it's sleeve or vest ( heh ) and will easily draw in the player to the story it's trying to tell so far. Not enough games get credit for good humorous writing and this game has that in spades and it's one of my favourite aspects that makes it stand out

From a technical perspective it's good with nice looking renders complimented with a soundtrack that fits the setting and the theme

This review will be updated as the game gets more updates and is further down the development pipeline but as it stands now it's an easy recommendation to players who love story humour and vests in their games

Also players who are turned off by the trans and gay content don't be discouraged to try it , as the dev has stated they are optional and completely avoidable
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Joacho

A genuinely funny and captivating visual novel. If you are fan of the Arabian Nights setting and interesting characters, then this VN is a must play. Below are my thoughts on each of the major components of the VN.

Visuals
    Backgrounds vary from incredibly detailed to OK, but none are bad enough to actually break your immersion. The character faces are the real stars of the show from a visual perspective. Character faces are very life-like, especially one particular Amazonian warrior princess, and express their emotions well. I think there is not as much detail on the character body, except in the erotic scenes, but this could be a technical limitation.

Character design is also great with each major character having a distinct look in terms of facial structure and attire.

Story
    While the story is treading a familiar path, with certain tropes being relied upon, the nature and quality of the delivery is what sets the VN apart from others. Ideas are expressed succinctly and accurately, aided in no small part by little to no grammatical and spelling errors. If a commonplace story is told badly, that is a worse experience than a bad story being told well, and this is by no means a bad story. I will say that the next chapters should hopefully open up new lands and ideas, so we find ourselves forging a new narrative path, away from the well worn trails.

I should also commend the author on the tongue in cheek humour. Special thanks for the visual and aural effects that enhance the comedic value.

Characters
    The stars of the show. Each has a unique personality and their own motivations. Their actions and words are consistent with past exposition. I feel that we have only scratched the surface for these characters and hope to see more depth to all major members of the cast. This includes the protagonist (some of which we have already seen), his companions, narrator, and the antagonists.

Conclusion
    Exiles is an excellent VN with a bright future. The best compliment I can give is that I wish there were more VNs like Exiles. Can't wait to see what the Pants comes up with next.

Edit: One nit I do have is that the length of penile appendages is too long in chapter 1 (better in chapter 2). Kind of breaks immersion for me and personally does not add to any comedy.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

flamer44449

Rating chapter 2 v0.3.1
    Well, it's a really promising start. The story unfortunately doesn't get very far right now. The locations are intresting (at least different), graphics are good and I really liked the characters. The story is intresting as well, but like I said it doesn't progress that much. To me it felt like most of the time was spent reading kind of meaningless dialog instead of getting on with the story. I wouldn't mind the dialog that much if the game was more complete, but now it feels like a way to pad the otherwise short game time.

I give four stars because this could very well become a really good game. Actually it kind of already is. It's just so incomplete that it sort left a bad taste in my mouth. I wanted more, but looks like it might be a year or two until it's worth revisiting this.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

Combines everything we'd want in a game, short of animation: excellent graphics and renders, an engaging story line, and above average writing to make the experience more enjoyable. The dev's proactive openness in creating branches for those interested in other fetishes shows that he's more than willing to listen to his audience in order to maximize the user experience

The only thing I'll say is that while I do enjoy most of the humor, the MC is made to be a bit too mentally slow. He can be oblivious to the etiquette and ways of an aristocrat life but he's just coming off as more of an incredibly dumb and douchey Aladdin. Also, considering that this is more of a historical game, I'd cut down on the informal talk and modern slang as it kinda tangles with the immersion so to speak

Outside of that, this is a pretty solid game to get into with plenty of solid visuals and an intriguing plot
  13. 5.00 star(s)

throw12

This game deserves a lot of attention, the humor is extremely well made and i love the variety of Romanceable characters and the history is entertaining specially after ending the first chapter. In my opinion there's extremely little that needs improvement so 10/10.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

akenedy

A very entertaining VN with an exotic setting, good looking visuals, and character design with light-hearted humor and interesting characters.

The game features plenty of well-made sex scenes with options to choose with whom, and even considering that the trans and gay content is completely optional it's still pretty entertaining to play it even if you're not interested in that particular content. For example, my favorite character in the game is Astrid and I would've never known had I skipped the trans content with her.

Overall I would describe this game as a well-made adult VN with good writing that primarily focuses on humor and adult content with appealing visuals as well as having some romance options and plenty of fun character interactions and dialogue.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Lucifer morning star 666

i like the story the city and sultan and this shits is rare
    game have potential can be so much better
    models look good and my personal opinion is game can use more women a beautiful milf is good :unsure:
  16. 5.00 star(s)

hbmxgczrzocobisjmf

Pleasing and articulated with many many options to choose from and make the game fun and entertaining for anybody. Choices and characters are fun and diverse, make for a great bunch. In short this is an excellent beginning.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

CrazyRabbit

Only chapter 2 and yet you can see the quality of this game.
    Great production value, very good humor, endearing characters, very good sexy time and the MC has a vest.
    What more do you want?

Seriously check it out, nothing forced, really great selection of choices available.
    'nuff said
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Valkyrian_Arc

I just finished playing chapter 2 and the game overall for me was ok. The game does have lots of potential with its good renders and interesting characters/LI being Exiles strongest aspect that motivated me to complete the update.

However, the biggest issue that I believe this game to have is the dialogue and humor that the game uses. To be fair I think the humor can be good at times, but the over usage of it got rather tiring to a point of me getting annoyed at certain characters (mainly the MC) and potentially hurt some characters by just making them dumb for the sake of humor.

Since the game is still rather young and it seems to have 12 chapters planned out (not entirely sure if that correct just referencing a mention in-game) there still lots of time for Exiles to change and improve as the game progresses through its story. Hopefully when I revisit this game my opinon on it will changes as chapters are added.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

SpecY_92

Just finished Chapter 2 of this game, so I figured to leave a review.

Definitely one of the best VN games I've played. Loved almost everything about it, everything gels so well. The humor, the characters (Astrid is by far my favorite, Tahir comes in a close second), the story so far. Very enjoyable experience.

Can't wait for the next update!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

DuckDairyDip

I found this game randomly when I saw it on the front page and was intrigued by Astrid's design as I have a thing for muscular females. I usually keep my expectations low, but Exiles did a great job exceeding them. The setting and worldbuilding are especially interesting as there is political intrigue and conflict on different levels. Thus far we see aspects of discrimination between cultures, socioeconomic disparity, slavery, etc. The main character is charismatic, and while dumb, he clearly has progressed over time due to exposure and willingness to learn, which I find to be a good character trait for future progression.

A lot of jokes from the MC are due to the third person "narrator" which is usually done on a meta level, but also seems to have possible other story implications. Even though I picked this up due to Astrid, the other primary love/sexual interests, Tahir and Kadijah, are great in their own right and I came to like them very much as well. Tahir seems very down to earth and in many ways can relate to the MC more, though isn't entirely true to himself. Kadijah is very motivated and kind of bossy, but she has good intentions and is a pretty good person underneath all of that passion and motivation driving her. Kadijah means good and seems tired of the continuous cycle of people with power doing as they please, but there seems to be more to her motivation. Astrid is very cute in that she wants to be seen as a person despite having a dick and seen as a sex object or an abomination. Astrid seems to be juggling this, yet also wants to seek something more with her life and does try to open up more towards the MC. When I picked up the game I had no idea that Astrid would end up having a dick, but how that played into her character and interaction I ended up loving her even more.

All three of them are varied and have very interesting personalities, and their stories and subplots have very great foundations. Each of the three has their own sexual kinks such as Astrid's muscles coming into play during sex scenes which is nice and well done. The other side characters like the three princes each have their own motivations and dynamics as well as ultimate goals which as of version 0.3.1 is starting to really show. Due to being very interested in the game I actually replayed most of it, and while I probably won't do this going forward, I did want to experience as much as I could since I fell in love with it.

Though I haven't done everything possible as of this update, my one complaint would have to be how the relationships with the three main interests are being handled primarily Astrid. For Kadijah and Tahir, it seems you can do a straight up romance route if you so choose, but with Astrid you are required to choose between her being more dominant which means calling the MC a bitch and being rougher during sex scenes and having the MC be on the receiving end. Or, had her be a bit more submissive which means she is on the receiving end and is a bit more soft during sex scenes and still pretty protective outside of them. Based on the interactions thus far for her character and my personal preference in sex I chose submissive, but this came with the backlash of a sort of master/slave bit of dirty talk and roleplay during sex. This is a turn off and while its a nitpick, I just hope that as this relationship progresses it won't strictly be about either her taking charge or just MC with master and slave talk and taking charge and more mutually balanced like their first sex scene together.

Also, while testing different choices, a lot of choices didn't seem like they mattered which I guess is fine since its understandable for choices to be flavor text, but sometimes it felt like it happened a lot. These choices could play more major roles later and the dev did say they wanted to experiment with more choices, so if it is feasible I look forward to it. I have to say though, I feel how the dev has handled writing more heavy subject matter is very well done and pretty respectful. Though there is a lot of humor and jokes, the more heavy stuff regarding slavery, politics, gender identity, etc. is handled pretty upfront for the most part. In the end of the 0.3.1 update several things are stated about Astrid and the fact she has a dick, and it is played pretty straight and seriously as it was pretty hurtful things to say.

Also, things regarding how Astrid is trying to come to terms with herself and her body since she has a dick. There is a choice relating to this, where you can choose for her to keep it or seek ways to get rid of her dick, but I didn't think that was right and glad it was at least a choice for those who wanted it. Though I initially thought Astrid had a vagina before starting the game, some story things suggesting maybe Astrid would like to have a family one day and thinking maybe choosing to get rid of her dick later could result in magic giving her a vagina or something to have kids later, I chose to support her and motivate her for how she already is. I rather her grow and be herself and accept herself and help her through that, and the writing around this was solid and expect it to continue to be this way going forward. Lastly, on the topic of choice, I am glad so many options for sexual content is behind choices. You don't have to fuck everyone and you can choose to fuck certain people(s). There is straight, gay, trans, etc. content so for those who like certain things I think this approach is really good especially for accessibility.