• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Extracting .Assetbundle files from a .Var in VaM (Virt-a-Mate)?

wowassault

May 26, 2017
I hope this is the correct place to ask help regarding VaM;

I am trying to export the "MacGruber_sofa_set.assetbundle" that can be found within "s p l i n e VR.FUTA_DIARIES_1.1.var".

First I tried opening the .var file with winrar and simply copying the .assetbundle file into Vam/Custom/Assets.

Trying to load this assetbundle file in my VaM scene then results in the error; !> Error during attempt to load assetbundle Custom/Assets/MacGruber_sofa_set.assetbundle. Not valid

After that I went into VaM's Package manager and I chose to unpack the "s p l i n e VR.FUTA_DIARIES_1.1.var".
Copying the .assetbundle file it spits out into my Vam/Custom/Assets will result into the same error as above.

I'm HIGHLY confused why it refuses to load the .assetbundle file, because when I attempt to load the .assetbundle file that's INSIDE the .var - untouched, it will load perfectly fine.
Yet every single attempt at pulling this .assetbundle file out of the .var and then try to load that which I pulled out, just results in an error.

My ultimate goal is to be able to use the .assetbundle file in my personal scene, without having to reference to " s p l i n e VR.FUTA_DIARIES_1.1.var" , I don't want the rest of that .var, I only want that couch asset.

Edit*

I opened up another random scene from a creator that had some .assetbundle files in it.
Extracting these in the exact same manner as I described above, and then attempting to load these extracted .assetbundle files from VaM/Custom/Assets/
works perfectly fine!

So it appears there's an issue with said .aasetbundle file within the "s p l i n e VR.FUTA_DIARIES_1.1.var" that causes it to only be able to work if it remains inside the .var file. Hmmmm.

Last edited: