Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

CB97

Sep 9, 2020
I have an error when running f95checker
Most likely the same issue I had, when trying to use numpy it was failing due to Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 not being installed.

Download this and install and it should fix it for you

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Most likely the same issue I had, when trying to use numpy it was failing due to Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 not being installed.

Download this and install and it should fix it for you
thanks for this, will add it to a common fixes section or something right now

CB97

Sep 9, 2020
thanks for this, will add it to a common fixes section or something right now
I forgot to add that version 3.9 of python wont work with Pillow until 15th of October, so you'll get an error installing Pillow until then as well so best to use an older version of python for now. I went back to 3.8.5 and its all good.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Does beg the question why you were using current_user instead of local_machine in the first place, but I'm assuming you had a good reason for it.
seems like the folks over at opera really cant make their minds up... i had installed both opera and opera gx on 3 different pcs and all of them installed only to current user, but if you are telling me that it can also install to local machine ill surely make it check both locations

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Slightly different shade of gray on every odd row for better readability
for sure.
{ [ ] Finished + version installed on check } next to version. I would love to have a way to track which games i've finished and on what version [...]
im not totally sure i 100% understand what you mean here but from what im getting it would be quite hit or miss (aka unreliable) in managing the versions, as i had already tried something like that for the installed checkboxes (as in storing what the last installed version is, so i resolted to that value being a simple true/false)

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
seems like the folks over at opera really cant make their minds up... i had installed both opera and opera gx on 3 different pcs and all of them installed only to current user, but if you are telling me that it can also install to local machine ill surely make it check both locations
Really? That's just weird.
Or maybe it's a case where if you install it new and fresh right now it installs to current user, but if all you do is update (like I have done for years now) it's still in the old location? I don't know.

Maybe something like this to fix it:
Python:
try:
    opera_path = winreg.QueryValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, f'{StartMenuInternet}OperaStable{open_command}')
    opera = True
except FileNotFoundError:
    pass
if not opera:
    try:
        opera_path = winreg.QueryValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, f'{StartMenuInternet}OperaStable{open_command}')
        opera = True
    except FileNotFoundError:
        pass
I believe that's how you check if a variable is false in Python? :unsure:

xaxa9551

Jun 9, 2019
im not totally sure i 100% understand what you mean ...
Yeah, i could have explained it better. I've tried to put it into if it would help. You would probably need to store last installed version as string for it to work (if you aren't doing so yet).
Plus - my programming skills are "limited" at best so i don't know how complex it would be to implement.
Needless to say, simple true/false checkbox would be enough.

Also there seems to be annoying tied to opening chrome (last version) and edge (last version) on windows:
If i don't have that browser already running, cmd that initiates them doesn't close automatically and freezes F95Checker into (Not responding) state. Easily fixed by closing cmd manually but still annoying nonetheless.
Firefox doesn't seem to run into this problem (or at least i wasn't able to reproduce it on it).

Plus now i've noticed, i have Opera as available browser even though it isn't installed anymore on my PC. I'll try to dig around to find out why is that.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Needless to say, simple true/false checkbox would be enough.
if i do add this its probably gonna be like that
cmd that initiates them doesn't close automatically and freezes F95Checker into (Not responding) state
found an easy fix
Plus now i've noticed, i have Opera as available browser even though it isn't installed anymore on my PC. I'll try to dig around to find out why is that.
no idea as to why that is

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
if i do add this its probably gonna be like that

found an easy fix

no idea as to why that is
Just a suggestion, don't execute a browser, just execute the URL. Edit: It should execute with the system default browser for the user.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Just a suggestion, don't execute a browser, just execute the URL. Edit: It should execute with the system default browser for the user.
that defeats the purpose of having a browser selector... the idea is that some people (such as myself) might want to use a separate browser for stuff they dont want to keep in their browser history, if you catch my drift

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
that defeats the purpose of having a browser selector... the idea is that some people (such as myself) might want to use a separate browser for stuff they dont want to keep in their browser history, if you catch my drift
++++++++++++++++++++++++

That is one of the most awesome features of the app.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Oh. Got it. ;););)

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Hey WillyJL remember how I said you should look into saving the game names as strings in an array?
Yeah I'm kinda doing that myself right now to see how hard it would be.
It's not, just had to add an import json so I can use json.dumps and json.loads and now I'm basically just bypassing half the work you did with saving things to game_list as text and instead just doing a config.set('games', 'games_list', json.dumps(games)) in most places. And it works pretty well. I got it working in add_game, remove_game and sort_games.

Did take me a little while to find where you set the global games variable, but once I did that and changed it to games = json.loads(config.get('games', 'games_list')) it seems to work brilliantly so far.

the add_game needed a little extra steps like having to get the list from the config first into a temporary variable, then appending the new name and then setting it to the config again. But that is a small price to pay.

If you want I can send you my hacked together version (which also has the "double Opera check" for both Opera and OperaGX)
Just let me know.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hey WillyJL remember how I said you should look into saving the game names as strings in an array?
Yeah I'm kinda doing that myself right now to see how hard it would be.
It's not, just had to add an import json so I can use json.dumps and json.loads and now I'm basically just bypassing half the work you did with saving things to game_list as text and instead just doing a config.set('games', 'games_list', json.dumps(games)) in most places. And it works pretty well. I got it working in add_game, remove_game and sort_games.

Did take me a little while to find where you set the global games variable, but once I did that and changed it to games = json.loads(config.get('games', 'games_list')) it seems to work brilliantly so far.

the add_game needed a little extra steps like having to get the list from the config first into a temporary variable, then appending the new name and then setting it to the config again. But that is a small price to pay.

If you want I can send you my hacked together version (which also has the "double Opera check" for both Opera and OperaGX)
Just let me know.
for sure, send it over!

Sowdraxe

Feb 20, 2020
Processing c:\users\agtje\downloads\f95\assets\win10toast
Requirement already satisfied: requests in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from -r requirements.txt (line 1)) (2.24.0)
Requirement already satisfied: bs4 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from -r requirements.txt (line 2)) (0.0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: numpy in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from -r requirements.txt (line 3)) (1.19.2)
Collecting Pillow
Using cached Pillow-7.2.0.tar.gz (39.1 MB)
Collecting pystray
Using cached pystray-0.17.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (46 kB)
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from win10toast==0.9->-r requirements.txt (line 6)) (49.2.1)
Requirement already satisfied: certifi>=2017.4.17 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from requests->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (2020.6.20)
Requirement already satisfied: idna<3,>=2.5 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from requests->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (2.10)
Requirement already satisfied: urllib3!=1.25.0,!=1.25.1,<1.26,>=1.21.1 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from requests->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (1.25.10)
Requirement already satisfied: chardet<4,>=3.0.2 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from requests->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (3.0.4)
Requirement already satisfied: beautifulsoup4 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from bs4->-r requirements.txt (line 2)) (4.9.3)
Collecting six
Using cached six-1.15.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (10 kB)
Requirement already satisfied: soupsieve>1.2; python_version >= "3.0" in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from beautifulsoup4->bs4->-r requirements.txt (line 2)) (2.0.1)
Using legacy 'setup.py install' for Pillow, since package 'wheel' is not installed.
Using legacy 'setup.py install' for win10toast, since package 'wheel' is not installed.
Installing collected packages: Pillow, six, pystray, win10toast
Running setup.py install for Pillow: started
Running setup.py install for Pillow: finished with status 'error'

HELP!

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Processing c:\users\agtje\downloads\f95\assets\win10toast
Requirement already satisfied: requests in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from -r requirements.txt (line 1)) (2.24.0)
Requirement already satisfied: bs4 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from -r requirements.txt (line 2)) (0.0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: numpy in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from -r requirements.txt (line 3)) (1.19.2)
Collecting Pillow
Using cached Pillow-7.2.0.tar.gz (39.1 MB)
Collecting pystray
Using cached pystray-0.17.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (46 kB)
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from win10toast==0.9->-r requirements.txt (line 6)) (49.2.1)
Requirement already satisfied: certifi>=2017.4.17 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from requests->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (2020.6.20)
Requirement already satisfied: idna<3,>=2.5 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from requests->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (2.10)
Requirement already satisfied: urllib3!=1.25.0,!=1.25.1,<1.26,>=1.21.1 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from requests->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (1.25.10)
Requirement already satisfied: chardet<4,>=3.0.2 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from requests->-r requirements.txt (line 1)) (3.0.4)
Requirement already satisfied: beautifulsoup4 in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from bs4->-r requirements.txt (line 2)) (4.9.3)
Collecting six
Using cached six-1.15.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (10 kB)
Requirement already satisfied: soupsieve>1.2; python_version >= "3.0" in c:\users\agtje\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (from beautifulsoup4->bs4->-r requirements.txt (line 2)) (2.0.1)
Using legacy 'setup.py install' for Pillow, since package 'wheel' is not installed.
Using legacy 'setup.py install' for win10toast, since package 'wheel' is not installed.
Installing collected packages: Pillow, six, pystray, win10toast
Running setup.py install for Pillow: started
Running setup.py install for Pillow: finished with status 'error'

HELP!
I recently added a note in the install section of the original post, read that, it should solve your issue

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
I recently added a note in the install section of the original post, read that, it should solve your issue
Maybe you should put the phyton and visual's link above the "current version" in downloads section. People generally just look at downloads.

(btw, are you converting to the QT for 7.0? Is there an ETA you planned?)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Maybe you should put the phyton and visual's link above the "current version" in downloads section. People generally just look at downloads.
Yea that’s true, will add it there

(btw, are you converting to the QT for 7.0? Is there an ETA you planned?)
I will try to, but I’m still very busy and also I’ve never used qt so it’s gonna take a while, definitely no eta on this one :/ but if I do manage to do it I’ll be able to make a lot of things better, like the resizing will be hella smooth and also alignments and clipping should be easier

Ps also new theme as the window engine is different, here’s a sneak peek ;)
6F8E1B27-2225-4F6A-8D86-3300A2B5C60B.jpeg
3EAC63B0-5ED8-4B58-8026-F51972D52DF1.jpeg
(The colors will be fully customizable this time, including background)

Reactions: abada25
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes