VN - Ren'Py - Fake Father [Second v0.1] [Netero3009]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Jstforme

Not a bad start, I like where this story could go. Some translation errors where the text says "he" when it should be "she", but it's not game breaking. I'm assuming the choices that lead to game over will be alternate paths in the future.
    I really don't see where the cultist sees anything political about this, other than the MC wanting to keep his fake family together and be a good "fake" father...nothing political is even referenced.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

SmokinDragon

Played 5-10 minutes of this, so take this as opinion with a grain of salt:

My main thoughts on this title in the short playthrough was:
    • Choices leading to "game over". These serves, IMO, no point other than to frustrate someone playing the game. Choices should be branches to alternative dialogue or entirely new game experiences, NOT to instant game over.
    • Political opinions. This is personal for me, but I am not going to play a game where the MC expresses, for me, radical political opinions. MC here sounds like an alt-right nutjob. If he had been a hardcore SJW, a Trumpist, a follower of QAnon, or a Fascist, I also wouldn't bother playing the game. Keep extremist political ideology out of games, especially if it is the MC that has it.
    • Renders are OK-ish for this site.
    • I like the concept of being an imposter, that has potential.