RPGM Falcon-mkxp

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Welp, expected as much: after extracting the .rgss3 and looking for the SHIFT-JIS scripts and changing them to UTF-8 with Gemini

( both were scripts that only needed this changed: "GAME_TITLE = load_data("Data/System.rvdata2").game_title.encode('SHIFT-JIS')" )

as luck would have it, I get a new error, inside one of those two scripts interestingly, but now at another line
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, which seems to be resolution-/window-size related
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I saw in post #15 here that making the window resizable "true" in the conf file could potentially fix related errors, but seeing as it's true on default...
I guess it was just not meant to be. sadlol

...Well, after removing that whole WND module from the script, it started up all right, but got another error in the main menu, which I rightly assumed to be due to the VX Ace RTP not being in its default install folder; so fixed that too.
And yaaay, success. Fluid as *uck in full-screen, and much better-looking, too!! Hoorah.

...then again, I guess I won't be able to textractor or mtool it anymore for the text... so... oh well. was a nice exercise!! xD

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
That nil error is caused when a script (in this case Cacao soft fullscreen script) does not accept an empty value as imput.
You can fix it if you open with a text editor the file "win32_wrap.rb" that is inside the "Falcon_preload" folder and change the zero in the line #356 (3rd from the end/bottom of the file) from return 0 to a positive number e.g. return 1.
Code:
    def call(*args)
        if @impl
            return @impl.call(args)
        end

MKXP.puts("[#{@dll}:#{@func}] #{args.to_s}") if !@called
        @called = true
        return 0
    end
end
ps. it just sets a dummy initial value for scripts (window size, audio settings, etc.) that use win32api or external dlls to set their parameters. eg. for games like "Queen in Deficit" you can set it to return 100 if you want to start the game with audio 100 or return 60 if you want to start with audio 60 and so on.

Reactions: Zippix

Dould255

May 1, 2017
Any chance you could update your fork to work with the latest libraries for those of us on bleeding-edge distros? When using the provided libs it complains about libjpeg.so.62 and when relying on system libs it complains about XCRYPT_2.0, likely because my system has Ruby 3.0 instead of 2.1

EDIT: Tried building it myself, and despite installing your SDL_sound fork it says "SDL_sound development package not found"

EDIT 2: Ended up using the AUR version. No idea why I didn't try that first anway.

Last edited:
May 20, 2021
pk2000 For a VXace game "Sequel Awake" which you can find on F95Zone here to test out with that falcon-mkxp. I was able to get it launch but im seeing this error in terminal.

219:テキストウィンドウ:73:in `load': end of file reached (EOFError)
from 219:テキストウィンドウ:73:in `load'
from 219:テキストウィンドウ:73:in `load_data'
from 219:テキストウィンドウ:73:in `<class:Window_MenuText>'
from 219:テキストウィンドウ:67:in `<main>'
EventThread termination requested
RGSS thread ack'd request after 0 ms
Shutting down.

A window would also appear that states this line 73 error

falcon mx error.png

For Linux Ubuntu based distro's I had to install the libjpeg packages. The game is a Japanese game that is translated into English, I hear these Japanese games tend to cause issues. As for the VXace RTP where do i place them at in case the game needs them. Can you please update instructions for the latest version for Linux? Im using the Falcon-mkxp_v1.01_linux version B for this.

BrokenTorpedo

Game Developer
May 7, 2019
Wow, holy shit this is really something. Did you make this? Really appreciated if that's the case.
Especially thanks for the shout out.

Also, may I ask for permission to include this in my game release in the future, I will add credits of course.

Though, I saw some issue with the plug-in script I am using for terrain:ROFLMAO::
33333.png
nothing would breaks the game as far as I know.

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
Wow, holy shit this is really something. Did you make this? Really appreciated if that's the case.
Especially thanks for the shout out.

Also, may I ask for permission to include this in my game release in the future, I will add credits of course.

Though, I saw some issue with the plug-in script I am using for terrain:ROFLMAO::
View attachment 1581331
nothing would breaks the game as far as I know.
Since it is licensed under the GNU General Public License v2+,

you can freely copy/distribute/modify with it with your game.

BrokenTorpedo

Game Developer
May 7, 2019
Also found a minor issue:
Falcon-mkxp doesn't seem to read the "Font.default_name = " command in my script.
Anyone has any idea on this? I can't seem to find where it overwrites the font.

Hello
This is required to execute mkxp.bin, right?
This is required to execute the base RM games. If you can run the games' original exes but not this mkxp, then you should look at the "edit the mkxp.config" part.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote