RPGM - Completed - Fallen Saint Yhoundeh [Steam] [Moe Workshop/Kagura Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Wandering8maggot

Fallen Saint Yhoundeh. Well, dunno about the saint, but the game sure is fa(i)llen.

BTW, this review is mostly subjective based on my tastes and kinks and whatever blah blah blah. Try it if you seem interested, it will only cost you 3 hours to finish the whole game.

The good:
    -the art and graphics are cute, lovable and appealing. Eye candy IMO.
    -the synopsis is a little different from your usual "defeat the demon king boss whatever" and the main cast of characters too is on the original side, which is a + in my book

The bad
    -I said the art was cute and lovable, but I cannot say the same of the sex scenes. The MC has around 4 poses, which are used for every single scene, the only change being the person/monster shaped shade shoveling her holes.
    - All the scenes are rape, exception being the brothel where it's rape but you're paid for it.
    -Almost all scenes are just rape vaginal creampie, little to no groping, no foreplay whatsoever
    -the lust system is just another 5 minutes transition from "oh god please no" to "yes more more more"
    - There are clothes but they're just a way to unlock scenes, you can't equip them. You can at some point unequip the default one and go nude, but aside from a few NPC commenting on it and one disgusting free-use scene you won't get anything from that. On that note, I recommend you save before interacting with pretty much anything, especially if you're trying a virgin run because almost everything in this game leads to rape.
    - Idk if it's just the MTL but the writing is horrible. I mean, you can understand what it says but that's it.
    -the h-scene writing is just humiliation and degradation. That's it. That's all there is to see.
    -A few Dark Souls-inspired mechanics were introduced, but they don't fit at all into the game. Those mechanics are the refillable healing flasks and spending Souls to level up and progress with the story. They don't fit because of the next two points:
    - The combat might as well be non-existent. If you have the level, you can beat it, if you don't it beats you, if you have way above the needed level you just insta kill without entering combat. There is no strategy, no loadout, it's just about having the level or not and going back to grinding. This makes the flask mechanic irrelevant.
    - The game is small. Areas are few. Enemies have some variety but they all use the exact same attacks and abilities. Souls simply don't fit into this kind of game. If it had anywhere near the size of Black Souls or other such games, then the Souls mechanic would have been much more relevant and appealing.
    -Battle-fuck can only be entered on purpose. You have a ward that prevents it for more than 5 turns, and by the time the ward fades either you or the enemy is dead. So the 'battle-fuck' is really only a "please rape me sir tentacle but I'll pretend I'm still struggling"
    - I like pregnancy content. This is why I am disappointed because pregnancy here is really only just rape>round belly>infirmary>flat belly. Even the birth scene is just the same scene no matter if the kid is a monster, parasite or human.

FOR SHORT: looked promising, was boring and lacked variation (and personally found it disgusting due to the sheer amount of humiliation and degradation)

I recommend checking it out only if you really can't find anything else more appealing. Now imma go find something wholesome, had enough rape content for a few weeks.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Sum Gi

This studio's MO is rushing out games with CG counts as high as possible for advertising purposes on dlsite. Every one of their games has looked appealing at first glance but been a disappointment to play. Like a cake that's all frosting. Make no mistake, the actual scenes themselves are rushed and unsexy.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

fantasmic

I wish there was a term for "H-game with some neat ideas which fails to fully develop them, perhaps because of its 4-hour runtime. Oh, and the scenes are mostly rape." Because Yhoundeh is another one of those.

Good:
    - You don't have to fight any of the generals. You can have a chat with them (each step of the conversation costs money though), then decide if you want to be friends or condemn them to a life of getting raped in your prison. 2 of them aren't that bad, but maybe there are things lost in translation.
    - The game uses an encounter-based system instead of random battles.

Bad:
    - There's a system for getting raped during combat, but that'll only happen on purpose since either you or the enemy is dead after three turns. Even if you're trying to farm lewd points you still have to kill all the enemies except one before you start or else you can get stun-locked by sex (struggle free, then immediately get grappled by one of the three enemies before you get another turn).
    - Combat is dull. You only have a few moves, but you'll be using the same two all game. Enemies will either deal either far too much or barely any damage.
    - The game just ends. Here's a guy who is definitely evil, here's some people who maybe aren't as evil as you were led to believe, bam, here's the ending, it's all rape. Setting aside the ludonarrative dissonance (as always in these games, the protagonist could easily wipe out the whole town instead of turning into it's seedbed), the dev expects you to play through it two or three times to get to the bottom of their Cryptic Bullshit. This is simply poor design, particularly since you don't have any customization options and combat is dull.
    - The game tries to incorporate elements of cosmic horror but it feels like the type of work where the dev just decided to throw Nyarlathotep in instead of coming up with something themselves.
    - You get outfits but can't equip them; they're only used to trigger scenes. Really, the entire clothing system is scuffed. It gets a dedicated listing in the menu, but you're only option to wear the default outfit until you hit 100 lust and can choose to go naked. Theoretically letting the player wear more outfits would result in notably more art being needed due to the chothing-breaking mechanic, but the only two stages of clothes are normal and broken. This game eschews the gradual breaking of clothes for a "ward" which prevents you from getting grappled until it's at 0. But again, combat is short so you'll only need to refresh the ward against bosses maybe.
    - You can't fight in the arena after beating its boss, though there's no reason you wouldn't be able to keep competing. Aside from me simply enjoying arenas, this also makes grinding for the money you need for the ultimate move additionally tedious.
    - You can't work at the brothel to build lewdness; it mainly exists to show scenes.
    - Yhoundeh choices don't really seem to matter. Stuff mostly happens and she's just sorta there.
    - While I'm glad that DLsite offers a free MTL service to developers, it feels like a poor choice for this game since it turns cryptic dialogues into incomprehensible ones. Overall it's fine, but the MTL may leave you unable to parse the aspects of this game which are supposed to make it special.

Medium:
    - The game incorporates a system of powerful, renewable recovery items likely inspired by the Estus Flask from Dark Souls games. However, it falls flat here since there's no skill involved in the combat.
    - Again borrowing from Dark Souls, you have to spend money to level up instead of gaining xp from battles. Since combat still doesn't involve any skill, this results in there being no sense of "improvement" while fighting. Instead you'll just have a tough time with goblins, find the mascot who lets you level up, gain a few levels, then suddenly be stomping all over the goblins.
    - Areas are small. While this does mean you don't have to walk far to get to the next point of interest, it also means Dark Souls elements don't have any time to do anything.
    - A virgin ending is possible but tedious since you can't lose any battles and won't get any scenes since the game lacks the "increasingly lewd jobs" system most games of this type have and just jump straight into sex. There are occasionally some events which aren't sex, but that'll just lead to a lot of reloading (as always in RPGM, press F5) since you can't readily differentiate them from sex ones before you start.
    - If you decide to befriend a general then you don't get any scenes, not even a consensual one.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Every1sGrudge

[Rev @ Fallen Saint Yhoundeh v1.06 ]

Crashing Saint Urinaleh.

Art's nice.

Writing is bad, scenario's been done. Nothing seems to have any weight or anticipation (no buildup / payoff curves).

Yay pregnancy. Boo overabundant watersports.

Game force-quits frequently. I suspect it's something to do with the skip dialog option, but can't prove it as there's never any error messaging when it happens.

TLDR: Boring.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Dinamida

Whatever i say now as a review could be summarized down to the simple "It is not fun to play".
    Sure there are some good scenes and whatever, but ain't nothing new, ain't nothing exciting, same ol' "oh innocent me ... 10 minutes later ... ah drill my holes daddy".
    Same with the art, same with the systems, same with the npc dialogues, same with almost everything. I'm just tired of these recycled rpgm games...
  6. 2.00 star(s)

DrakeWasHere2

Hype scenes followed with poor combat and gameplay mechanics.

+Gameover rape. So far it seems like every enemy has a rape scene if you lose to them. 'Not really gameover,' but still.
    +Monster female protagonist. Generally, with these, you see things more demon or vamp and rarely much outside it. The girl in this looks like some type of 'faun' from mythology.
    +Interesting mechanic to actually use exp/souls for everything even chatting with people.

-Combat or lack of. Combat isn't entertaining or thrilling to engage in. There is no reason for you really to engage in it, otherthan use the ring for instant defeat or fallover battle rape.
    -Battle rape is lacking. Most scenes look the same with her on all fours. (Though I only tried a few enemies, I will test the others later.)
    -No sexual harassment in combat.
    -Walking Simulator. Basically, you have to walk around to farm exp.
    -Lack of difficulty notification of areas. You don't know if you are under level or haven't walk simulator enough to be able to farm the mobs in another area unless you find yourself suddenly in a battle scene.
    -Poor variety in staging. Really, you go to an area and all the enemies are the same. You only see new enemies in another zone/area. Oh snap. I wonder what all sorts of different enemies I will fight here. Oh.. They all the same. Well, guess I go to another zone.

So, to be honest. This game could had been much more if the creator actually put some thought into combat. Though this is where it is really lacking and doesn't keep it engaging. Even the lack of enemy variety in an area is disheartening since once you enter a place and see the first type of enemy, well, you know what you will be fighting till the next zone. Even the battle rape doesn't save this trainwreck.

Therefore there isn't really much progress feeling or gratification of 'reward' for leveling up. Like, the only reason leveling up is there so you will be strong enough to walk simulator your ass into another zone. There isn't much to feel accomplished about anything in combat other than. Oh snap. I walked around real hard enough to be strong to walk my ass into this other zone to steamroll these enemies here. That is literally it.

If it is to be more of a sex focus game, then just take out combat altogether. Combat in this product serves no means or purpose at all which is why I gave it such a low rating. If the fighting was even remotely more engaging or fun, this might of been a much better game. Though if you looking for a Walking Simulator, you came to the right place.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

larondan

Short but nice game.
    You can complete the game in ~3 hours.
    The art and scenes are good and plenty.

Can contain some grind, especially towards the end.
    They implemented a system similar to souls-likes for the gameplay.
    You need to collect souls to level-up and talk to NPCs to progress their stories. Collecting souls is done through combat(including defeat) or events(like prostitution). Losing souls through death is not a thing tough, there is generally no game over either.
    Combat contains battle rapes for every enemy, but the variation of art here is limited.

The world is small and there is even a system in place to skip combat, if your level is high enough for a region. Overall the devs made an effort to implement several QoL Features that are often lacking in other RPGM games.
    Something I also would like to point out is that the mapping in this game is amazing and one of the best I have seen in an RPGM game so far.

Does contain some bugs here and there, but nothing game breaking.
    Still would be nice if a patch could fix them in the future.

I think the games does well with what it tries to achieve given the limited scope it has. There is definitely trend towards quality instead of quantity here. It also has a refreshing take on gameplay. This is the reason I give it a 5/5.