Nameless202

Mar 2, 2021
i think we must wait at least a week before the public release

heck maybe we only need to wait till tomorrow/the day after for public release who knows

Khang202432

May 9, 2020
i think we must wait at least a week before the public release

heck maybe we only need to wait till tomorrow/the day after for public release who knows
You have to pay to play the game, they won't release this version free till the next update. That's probably gonna be next year or even longer lol. Only people who had become a high tier membership on their patreon before 10/9 can have access to the game. I'm not one of them sadly

Aug 7, 2019
You have to pay to play the game, they won't release this version free till the next update. That's probably gonna be next year or even longer lol. Only people who had become a high tier membership on their patreon before 10/9 can have access to the game. I'm not one of them sadly
Wait, if you didn't reach the $20/40 tier by this month then you can't download the game until next update? Where exactly does it say that? My original impression was that if you subscribed and met the $20/40 limit before the next month's settlement then you'd get access next month, but that could be wrong.

If how I'm interpreting you is the truth there go any plans I had to subscribe if I liked the content that was added in the newest update. I guess in that case I couldn't get the official version even if I did subscribe now until next year or who the hell knows when? I'd have to keep playing on a pirated version? Not really appealing long-term.

Khang202432

May 9, 2020
Wait, if you didn't reach the $20/40 tier by this month then you can't download the game until next update? Where exactly does it say that? My original impression was that if you subscribed and met the $20/40 limit before the next month's settlement then you'd get access next month, but that could be wrong.

If how I'm interpreting you is the truth there go any plans I had to subscribe if I liked the content that was added in the newest update. I guess in that case I couldn't get the official version even if I did subscribe now until next year or who the hell knows when? I'd have to keep playing on a pirated version? Not really appealing long-term.
In older post. It states that you can only get this version of the game, which is 0.313 if you met 20$$ criteria before 10/9 which is today. Other then that, you must wait until the next update. I know it sounds terrible but it's exactly what you was thinking.
Wolf has been extracting money from patreon gamers since Curse Armor 1. This thing is the same

Last edited:

cerskaq

Jan 6, 2019
In older post. It states that you can only get this version of the game, which is 0.313 if you met 20$$ criteria before 10/9 which is today. Other then that, you must wait until the next update. I know it sounds terrible but it's exactly what you was thinking.
Wolf has been extracting money from patreon gamers since Devil Armor 1. This thing is the same
holy shit that sucks

Last edited:

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Wolf has been extracting money from patreon gamers since Curse Armor 1. This thing is the same
I will say, for all his many faults, at least this game is on a per release patreon payment schedule, instead of the per month that is normal for milking fans. So they only get money from this one when actually releasing updates, which you can limit how many payments per month you'll allow if you support them (to avoid people releasing constant "updates" to game the system).

Aug 7, 2019
I will say, for all his many faults, at least this game is on a per release patreon payment schedule, instead of the per month that is normal for milking fans. So they only get money from this one when actually releasing updates, which you can limit how many payments per month you'll allow if you support them (to avoid people releasing constant "updates" to game the system).
On the reverse though if you're a potential new subscriber you're talking about spending $20-40 to get access to a new TRIAL version in... god only knows how long since last update was delayed by like a year...

And that's **IF** the entire project doesn't just get cancelled.

There's no reasonable benefit for me to subscribe now if I can't play the game until possibly a year from now(?) and there's no guarantee there'll even be a next update. Also even by the time the next update rolls around my interest will be practically 0 because I'll have basically forgotten about the game. I'd play it if it was posted here n maybe start to care again but other than that there's plenty of other games to play.

Even if I had been an early subscriber, I'd basically be paying $10 per update at this point for a game that I could finish in like 3 hours.

This is the kind of subscriber model that's worth it when the game is almost finished but is just not appealing at this point, and given the release schedule up to this point I don't have much if any faith that this game will be worth $20-40 until like 2027.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
On the reverse though if you're a potential new subscriber you're talking about spending $20-40 to get access to a new TRIAL version in... god only knows how long since last update was delayed by like a year...

And that's **IF** the entire project doesn't just get cancelled.

There's no reasonable benefit for me to subscribe now if I can't play the game until possibly a year from now(?) and there's no guarantee there'll even be a next update. Also even by the time the next update rolls around my interest will be practically 0 because I'll have basically forgotten about the game. I'd play it if it was posted here n maybe start to care again but other than that there's plenty of other games to play.

Even if I had been an early subscriber, I'd basically be paying $10 per update at this point for a game that I could finish in like 3 hours.

This is the kind of subscriber model that's worth it when the game is almost finished but is just not appealing at this point, and given the release schedule up to this point I don't have much if any faith that this game will be worth $20-40 until like 2027.
Oh yeah, I fully agree it's still a shitty way to setup a patreon. It's just better than the CA2 patreon, where you are (at this point, if you supported them from the start continuously) having spent $62 at the minimum of $1 per month (started July 2018-September 2023) , and effectively selling it for $10 (since that's when you get access to the new releases). But you have to keep paying them to get access to the updates (true of every patreon they've run).

I also noticed something I hadn't realized before, they made a separate patreon for CA2. The CA1 patreon is still active, getting paid monthly by a bunch of people who apparently didn't notice that it's "ended". So he may be still getting $256-$772 per month (according to ).

undeadpanpan

Apr 15, 2021
also the english version of the update does not get released until later this month i hope they let people pay for it instead of waiting for the next update

Khang202432

May 9, 2020
Ok, uhm there's a way for anyone who want to have the game in Chinese and English. You just need to pay $10 USD through their PayPal account and msg them on Patreon. They will give you the download file. I really want to buy it but I can't get into PayPal so if someone interest. I would very appreciate if they can post it here

yadaio104

Sep 13, 2023
Ok, uhm there's a way for anyone who want to have the game in Chinese and English. You just need to pay $10 USD through their PayPal account and msg them on Patreon. They will give you the download file. I really want to buy it but I can't get into PayPal so if someone interest. I would very appreciate if they can post it here
When the english version is out I'll probably upload it here

Aug 7, 2019
I'll probably just end up either doing this or subscribing n throwing in $20ish in like a year or two when the game is closer to finished and hopefully not abandoned

Jul 28, 2017
Fuck it, I'm saying it. If you want me to pay for your alpha version of the game, you better get somebody to edit your MTL. I a non native self-learned English speaker, could probably do a much better job at editing this Engrish, surely this can't be that hard?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
After checking out the game because the art is hot and whatnot...

I have to say that I suspect that the translation is not MTL, or at least, not entirely MTL. It reads like the kind of English I've seen from Chinese people with a relatively poor grasp of the English language... If what'shisface is Chinese as I've heard, it makes perfect sense.

I do agree that it neeeds... a lot of work, especially since they're trying to weave in a pretty complex story. It has many of the same issues as Cursed Armor 2... which is not surprising considering that Wolf's involved...

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes