VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Fallout: Vault 69 [v0.07c] [Taboo Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Kitster

the visual design of the characters are great and sex scenes are pretty good but the game its self is shit had a really hard time even playing it. overall don't waste your time with this. I would like to see the concept revived with better game play mechanics so id somebody wants to rip the assets and build a proper game that would be welcomed.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.07c...

This is an erotic adventure game made as a parody of the Fallout games... And of course, it includes the oh so over used Family Sex stuff... That inclusion is getting old...

The visuals of the characters are 2D hand drawn and cartoony like... The backdrops are the same... The visuals do have a humor type feel to them, and the male protagonist is a slightly hairy guy... Erotic scenes are also kind of short...

The script has an occasional spelling/grammar error... The plot revolves around a male protagonist who recently had a birthday and was given a life job... But in order for him to perform that job, he first needs to learn a lot more, so he can survive in the wastelands... The game takes place currently in a underground vault where survivors in a post nuclear holocaust world live... Most dialogue/monologue that takes place, as well as quest type game elements, do have a more serious theme to them... There is a bit of humor now and then, but not as much as you might expect, given this is supposed to be a parody... There are even some dark themes in it as well, such as a optional gang rape scene...

The game plays out like your typical adventure game, with various places to go, things to click on, stats to work on developing, and quests to work on for different characters as the game progresses... Even though this game takes place in the Fallout universe, I didn't get very many references to that universe as you would normally find in a parody of it... Even so, the game looks pleasing enough and does have some erotic scenes now and then, but not a huge amount... But it is early into development as well, so that isn't saying much...

Overall, this adventure game parody of the Fallout universe is fun enough, even without the Fallout references (what few there are)... I expected more comedy, but there is some now and then... I wish there wasn't any darker themes, as that just ruins the concept of it being a parody, which is supposed to be mostly humor based, and rape is not dark humor, it's just dark... Which is why I can't give it 5 stars, as it breaks away from it's overall concept of being a parody, and takes on too much seriousness and plays at some dark themes... It is still very early into it's production, so there should be more content coming in the future... Will I revisit this one? I don't know, maybe, have to wait and see...
  3. 5.00 star(s)

MegaApe

This game is really awesome and addictive, its not even the full game yet. Vault 69 has a great potential on becoming an amazing game i cant wait for the completed version. i have played this game for 2 hours and loved every second of it although there were a lot of bugs and the timing for completing a test or a task is ridiculously short i hope this can be fixed.