Family Faring and are VN Games art?

VN Games are just games or works of art?

• Total voters

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
Has anyone looked into
Family Faring

Love to here what you think about it....

I do hope it lasts but can't see it being allowed here like such other game with a similar concept/storyline.

Take Proud Father and The Guardian as examples.

I have to give credit to the developers of such game to continue to make them regardless of the controversy and criticism they cause for there product!

It's hard being an artist. Which I have come to relies that VN games are not just games but also an artistic art form!

Think about the art that goes in them as well as the story line and plots in them, they are a work of art...

Love to hear what everyone thinks. Especially if VN Games are just games or works of art?

I have 5 things I can think of what a VN game could be to you and allowed the possibility that it could be all 5 reasons as part of the votes, because for me it's all 5 reasons lol. Have made a VN games FanArt page on my DeviantArt page

Love to see the reasons, as I intend to make a VN game... Learning renpy as I posted this and working on concepts for story lines and art.

Last edited:

Condemned77

Jul 14, 2017
Reguardless of the rule 7 content family faring is way way over priced, the free epsode includes almost zero content and then the dev wants $10 for the second episode which is no better, asking that much money for a game with no content and being poorly made is a joke.

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
Looks mid.
Also looks like DAZ. Being an artist is hard, but i wouldn't call posing pre-made models and render them as making art, more like repurposing art made by other people.
And all that "Think about the art that goes in them as well as the story line and plots in them, they are a work of art..." thing. You can call any game art then, not just VNs. Almost every game consists of different works of art. 3D art, 2D art, music, writing e.t.c
But what VNs defiantly aren't - games. At least most of them, that have no gameplay whatsoever, it's just more of like a book with pictures in it, and interactivity only trough choices you can make that affect the story, but real books did that too, it's called "Choose Your Own Adventure Books" or something. Some of VNs have minigames i guess, but it doesn't really matter, you can put a sudoku or crossword in a book, it still will be a book, not a game.

Reactions: Shadow2007

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Choose Your Own Adventure
Believe it or not a founded in the early 2000s trademarked the term, even though I remember CYOA books from the 80s or 90s. Worst part is even Chrysler and Netflix settled out of court when slapped with lawsuits.

It's one of those weird situations where money didn't win the day, but at the same time the wrong side won (IMO obviously, not a lawyer).

Last edited:

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
Believe it or not some company founded in the early 2000s trademarked the term, even though I remember CYOA books from the 80s or 90s. Worst part is even Chrysler and Netflix settled out of court when slapped with lawsuits.

It's one of those weird situations where money didn't win the day, but at the same time the wrong side won (IMO obviously, not a lawyer).
Hmm, interesting. and absolutely believable knowing how weird all this copyright/trademark crap is. Though i never understood the point of these trademark laws, from my point of view they do more harm then good. You can't name "something" as what it is, because some dude claimed this word or combination of words or even a concept as his own only. Like the time creator of minecraft and bethesda had some legal argument over the name of a game "Scrolls" the game never seen the light of day, but skyrim had an easter egg in form of "notched pickaxe". Or Ubisoft who patented the game mechanic of enemies that remember your previous encounter or some stuff. The feature from Shadow of Mordor game, the so called "Nemesis system". Such a corpo bullshit.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Like the time creator of minecraft and bethesda had some legal argument over the name of a game "Scrolls" the game never seen the light of day, but skyrim had an easter egg in form of "notched pickaxe".
AFAICT the Scrolls matter more or less amicably and Mojang was allowed to use the name. If the game didn't get released it was for another reason. Don't want to take the thread any further off-topic so I'm not gonna comment on the rest. ;)

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Has anyone looked into
Family Faring

Love to here what you think about it....

I do hope it lasts but can't see it being allowed here like such other game with a similar concept/storyline.

Take Proud Father and The Guardian as examples.

I have to give credit to the developers of such game to continue to make them regardless of the controversy and criticism they cause for there product!

It's hard being an artist. Which I have come to relies that VN games are not just games but also an artistic art form!

Think about the art that goes in them as well as the story line and plots in them, they are a work of art...

Love to hear what everyone thinks. Especially if VN Games are just games or works of art?

I have 5 things I can think of what a VN game could be to you and allowed the possibility that it could be all 5 reasons as part of the votes, because for me it's all 5 reasons lol. Have made a VN games FanArt page on my DeviantArt page

Love to see the reasons, as I intend to make a VN game... Learning renpy as I posted this and working on concepts for story lines and art.
I found it and I played it when it was in its Episode 4. Here are my impressions:

1- I liked it gave options for the player, you are not forced into a scene you don't want the MC to take part.
2- I found the girls attractive, both the older ones and the younger ones.
3- Animations could be better, some parts of the characters remain static and they should be moving.
4- Overall better than most games in their early stages. Keep up the good work!

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
Reguardless of the rule 7 content family faring is way way over priced, the free epsode includes almost zero content and then the dev wants $10 for the second episode which is no better, asking that much money for a game with no content and being poorly made is a joke.
Yes pricing is always an issue, but also how long they keep charging the price before lowering it of making it for free... Time of up dates also so so important as some VN game I have followed have bee almost 1-2 years between updates and some are weekly...

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
Are adult games art? This post just feels like the dev using a side account or friend in an attempt to advertise their game or get the game uploaded here.
Na I wish I was making the game, have spoken to them about making fanart for it but did give me the specs of the characters lol, also they seem to have stopped making the game, has been V5 for a very long time now at $10...