VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Family Secrets- Sweet Sister [v1.0] [74games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

This is hard to find the good.

It uses those corpse 3d models which ive seen in a couple of games now. floating like puppet eyes always staring at the ground, seeming dead.

The writing is terrible. Every other scene is a dream, the conversations are so unnatural and you cant guess the intention of the replies.

weirder still, the dreams have instant sex scenes in a completely different graphical style

The game directory gives away that the sister was initially a mum, which is why she looks older and frumpy. Despite that mc falls in love in 12 hours
  2. 1.00 star(s)

parceload

the english is terrible, the entire game is about a dozen backgrounds with avatars floating in front, there's barely anything 'visual' about this, there are no sex scenes (outside of dreams).

i'd skip this one were i you, i wish i would have
  3. 2.00 star(s)

NoWay Jose

Well ... that was ... something.

First off, I appreciate that there is an option to play in English. Very low on the Engrish-scale as well. But it would have been nice to be able to choose that option without clicking on random Russian buttons to find the option.

There are a lot of choices in this, given the length of it. A lot. And it's not clear what effect many of the choices have on the story. The awkward wording of a lot of the choices doesn't help. As far as I can tell, the only sex scenes are dreams featuring short, store-bought animations that are extremely fast. I can't tell if the dev's machine is just underpowered, but the animations feel like you're running a 100-metre sprint. So I tried playing nice. Weird ending. I tried playing mean. Same weird ending. Some choices only change the dialogue for a single screen.

Technically, I guess the game is okay. But without knowing exactly what the point of it is (since you never seem to actually get with the sister except in dreams) it just feels like an exercise in broken family dynamics. Not fun.

Oh, and what's with the "Family Secrets Sweet Mommy" folder name ... ?