[R>Artist 2D] [R>Artist 3D] Share Fantasy VN looking for 3D renderer (or a prolific 2D artist)

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Hi all, I'm the writer and coordinator of the "Blood and Principle" project, together with CodeMach as programmer, and we are looking for an artist (2D or 3D) for a long-term project: "A Prince among Rogues", the first episode of the "Blood and Principle" series.

MapMidEast.jpg Screenshot1.jpg

Surrounded by a unique world of political intrigue, exotic locations and scantily clad hotties, "A Prince among Rogues" is an urban low fantasy tale, with more than a bit of noir.
It’s set in the dockside district of a trading city, a melting pot of people from various nationalities and shades of the human race and even the occasional non-human.
In this lawless slum, petty criminals war against each other and a single man can make all the difference.

Prince_Prologue_SecretPassage_05v2.jpg Pr_E1_0_0_SS05.jpg

Sex-wise the game will probably end up being quite vanilla, due to both its Patreon release and the chosen target demographic.
Every team member, starting from the artist, will bring to the table their own favoured kinks and we’ll see what will fit into the story.
You can check our proof-of-concept (with placeholder images made by me) in our development thread
https://f95zone.to/threads/blood-and-principle-development-thread-bloodandprinciple.131253/
Or you can read a more detailed description of the project in this document:

Looking for:
If you looked at those pictures and thought "Duh. Even I can do better art than this", compliments: you are a normal person.
What we are looking for is somebody that can replace the current, placeholder, pictures with real art fitting the story and its sombre mood.
Someone professional enough to read the script, plan a realistic schedule of their work, and openly speak about problems so that we can work around them, adapting the script or even the story when necessary.

Since both 3D and 2D art have advantages and drawbacks, we don't want to close any doors.
Now, I realize perfectly that a 2D artist is unlikely to want to get bogged in a large, ongoing AVN. But we are still open to the idea, as drawings aren't constrained by assets, allowing for much more originality in the game's setting and aesthetics.

Employment Type:
Once launched, the project will be commercial (via Patreon) and the revenues will be evenly shared between me, the programmer and the artist.
We don’t offer payment in advance.

Work commitment:
The project will be hopefully long lived, but for now, we'll focus only on the first episode, which will follow the usual “ongoing, with regular updates” scheme of many other games here on F95.
We require only part-time commitment: we all have day jobs, but a 3D artist would be asked to provide at the very least a dozen of pictures every week. It's a ridiculously low level for a professional, so I don't think this should be an issue even for amateurs with reasonable skill and hardware.
The output of a 2D artist is not so easy to calculate. We'll be reasonable, but we'll want to make a first release, eventually.

Preferred method of contact:
By replying to this thread, PMing me, or via Discord at The Rogue Trader#1570 .

Job Description:
The artist should take care of the in-game pictures and splashscreens.
While taking care of game icons and general visuals is not required, it would be appreciated as I suck at it.
I will write detailed synopses of every scene, and if needed I can also help with storyboarding and creating characters and locations.
Actually, I could go as far as posing Daz characters, but I prefer to focus on the writing.

CharScreen.png

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Just a little head-up to say that the screenings are still ongoing.
So if someone wants to jump in, we are open to last-moment applications. ;)