Fapping@Home Charity Rendering

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
As everyone is devoting resources to fighting the pandemic I thought that I could do something to help creators stuck at home.

I have access to an Iray Server that I setup for experimentation, and maybe some of you have ideas in need of rendering power. So long as you aren't creating content with characters that are minors you may use the resource for artistic purposes. It's running in a virtual machine connected to a Titan XP, 8 Threadripper cores, & 24GB of ram. I can assign it more cores, more ram, or another GPU if the resource requests increase. Let's see how it gets used for the next four weeks.

If you would like to use this setup send me a PM & I'll send you VPN details. While I'd like to setup a proxy for access it appears I'd need to open up many port, and so a VPN is the best choice for now. Can't loan out to everyone at once, but we could work something out.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I had some messages asking how this would work.

Iray Server doesn't like submissions from Daz3D Bridge unless they're on the same local network. To do that for anyone around the world you would use a VPN. I'll send VPN info & then you connect, queue jobs to the server, and download the result anytime you want. Someone working from a lower powered computer would be able to pose multiple scenes & queue them for rendering.

Last edited:

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Ran into a weird problem with Daz & Iray Server compatibility; with Daz 4.12 only connecting to the newest server.

I'm setting up a second VM so that both are supported simultaneously with 16GB of ram, and resources can be reallocated later based on workload.

(edit. Second server is now running and successfully completing tests)

Last edited:

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Ironing out the bugs with Iray Server. Running two versions full time to support the community!

Reactions: lh3dx

dtitan

Miracle Studios
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Thanks for the server. It helps me a lot. I suggest other developers who are low on resources to try it too.

Reactions: FeaturedOn

ddeadbeat

Bewbie
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
I am really grateful as well! You can simply upload several scenes on the server in the queue and do other stuff, or even work on the next scene at the same time.

It just works.™

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Almost everyone using the Fapping@Home server is from a different country!
That also means there's usually downtime where the server isn't receiving jobs as we all work from different time zones. Anyone else want to offload some work from their computer & make more smut during the quarantine?

Reactions: dtitan and lh3dx

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
For anyone looking to make large renders in Daz, hit me up.
We’re looking at a 4K scene taking up 9.6GB. Good thing the GPU is 12GB. Secondary GPU is 8GB & lends a hand in 1080P or smaller 4K scenes.

Reactions: lh3dx and dtitan

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Thanks, PJWhoopie!

It’s a lot of fun doing this and talking with artists. Some who are making content for Patreon, & a few others working on their first game. May keep it going after the quarantine as a full time community resource.

Axfx

Sep 8, 2019
This is awesome, absolutely amazing, i would recommend try the server of the FeaturedOn just at least one time. People like me who have low specs should try the server, why? I'll post some examples that the server did to me:

This is one of my tests to see how its was the result, aaand:

test_1_lights-Beauty.png

Voilá! It's fucking fantastic!! So amazing!

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
The community has been fantastic so I decided to bump up the horsepower. Doubled the cores, doubled the frame buffer, RTX power, liquid cooling... all being installed this weekend.

After the quarantines lift I will continue providing service for devs in need of rendering support.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
The community has been fantastic so I decided to bump up the horsepower. Doubled the cores, doubled the frame buffer, RTX power, liquid cooling... all being installed this weekend.

After the quarantines lift I will continue providing service for devs in need of rendering support.
This is great, my respect and thx for doing this/giving people the opportunity. If I had better internet speed I'd try it out asap, but the time necessary to upload a scene would take more time then to render it for me xD

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Happily watching renders finish in half the time or better, but now there’s a new problem. Not enough submissionso_O
A server would be at perfect efficiency if I had jobs completing just as more are being submitted. Looks like there’s some downtime to fill!
Anyone looking for some rendering power to finish their project before the quarantines end?

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
This has been a lot of fun. I have been an essential worker in the US during the pandemic & running the server has been a fun hobby. As my workload has increased in the past two weeks I have posted less frequently, but I will continue to help the community where I can.

The rendering assistance will continue, & anyone interested can contact me by PM or the F95 discord. This will be a complimentary service, for as long as I can maintain it, but I am investigating requests to dedicate time to specific developers.