Fapping@Home Charity Rendering

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I will be testing a new version of Iray Server for the next few days. The Titan RTX Server will continue running to support Daz 4.12 submissions, I'll accept more requests now that some users are spending less time at home.

I hope that you're all well and finding new games to enjoy.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Now fully running the latest support for updated Daz 3D & Iray.

I know that, for many small devs, the chore of leaving your computer to run overnight for an image can take the wind from your sails. If you're looking to release complex 4K scenes reach out and we can discuss how Fapping@Home can help.

Reactions: lh3dx

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
24GB.PNG

This is why rendering services are useful. Fit that whole scene into the Titan RTX frame buffer & barely touch the CPU.

Reactions: lh3dx
Aug 24, 2019
As everyone is devoting resources to fighting the pandemic I thought that I could do something to help creators stuck at home.

I have access to an Iray Server that I setup for experimentation, and maybe some of you have ideas in need of rendering power. So long as you aren't creating content with characters that are minors you may use the resource for artistic purposes. It's running in a virtual machine connected to a Titan XP, 8 Threadripper cores, & 24GB of ram. I can assign it more cores, more ram, or another GPU if the resource requests increase. Let's see how it gets used for the next four weeks.

If you would like to use this setup send me a PM & I'll send you VPN details. While I'd like to setup a proxy for access it appears I'd need to open up many port, and so a VPN is the best choice for now. Can't loan out to everyone at once, but we could work something out.
Hello,

This is a very generous favor that you are doing for all DAZ artists who do not have personal access to such powerful hardware and I would like to thank you for it.

I have a question though. I am a self-learning DAZ artist, currently working on my first game on a 13-year-old laptop that has no GPU, so I am doing all of my rendering via the 3delight engine. My question is that, would connecting to this server also improving the speed of posing a scene in Iray? My point is that, I do not have much experience using Iray, and my laptop can definitely not handle Iray rendering, but although I haven't tried, I assume that it will freeze up if I even try to Iray preview a scene. So, would connecting to this server help with that too, or is it just for the rendering itself?

Kind regards.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
My question is that, would connecting to this server also improving the speed of posing a scene in Iray? My point is that, I do not have much experience using Iray, and my laptop can definitely not handle Iray rendering, but although I haven't tried, I assume that it will freeze up if I even try to Iray preview a scene. So, would connecting to this server help with that too, or is it just for the rendering itself?
There is a function in Daz for streaming scene data to/from an Iray server. That submits asset data to the server & requests a partial render back to inform your scene composition. It requires a high speed connection on a local network, and would require you to pause between actions if used remotely.

What you may want to do is pose a scene in wireframe or similar low overhead viewfinder settings. Then enable streaming and set the viewfinder to Iray. You could do this without the server, as well, to check the lighting or fabric clipping of your models. Then switch the viewfinder back to another setting before adjusting your scene.

You could also pose a scene in a low overhead setting & then submit it to the server to generate a result. The benefit is that you can experiment with more complex assets without freezing your laptop for hours. The only downside, for a new user, is that uploading scenes depends upon your internet speed.

Aug 24, 2019
There is a function in Daz for streaming scene data to/from an Iray server. That submits asset data to the server & requests a partial render back to inform your scene composition. It requires a high speed connection on a local network, and would require you to pause between actions if used remotely.

What you may want to do is pose a scene in wireframe or similar low overhead viewfinder settings. Then enable streaming and set the viewfinder to Iray. You could do this without the server, as well, to check the lighting or fabric clipping of your models. Then switch the viewfinder back to another setting before adjusting your scene.

You could also pose a scene in a low overhead setting & then submit it to the server to generate a result. The benefit is that you can experiment with more complex assets without freezing your laptop for hours. The only downside, for a new user, is that uploading scenes depends upon your internet speed.
Thank you for replying and the advice, I shall keep that in mind and give it a go.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Just letting everyone know the support will be continuing through early July.

Space is still available for new users. Please reply here or by PM for details.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I was away for a while as I had contracted Covid. Much better now, and so I wanted to remind everyone that everything is still running for the community.

It all reminded me of why I started this project. So many of us may be at home with more time available than we thought, and no one should feel that their creative efforts stifled by the limitations we are facing.

If you're working on a personal project, or a game, and need some rendering power feel free to reach out.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
A reminder that the server is still running and available to assist developers. I'm testing a Blender slave as well as there's been some interest. Happy to say that it's produced about 200 images in the past week for a Dev

Mr.Axxx

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2019
I'd like to take a moment to share my heartfelt gratitude to FeaturedOn. There never lived a great soul like him, he generously helped us with our development by rendering our load in his Iray server. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have been able to move faster at this rate. For those new developers with not a great pc like me, FeaturedOn is your hope.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Thank you to everyone for your support and kind words over the past several months.

As many of you may know I had also contracted and recovered from Covid-19 during this time. I'm so happy that everyone could find use of, and complete games with, my rendering server. After recovering and looking at what I've been able to contribute to the community I've decided to focus on game production full time.

As of today I will no longer be accepting requests to join the Fapping@Home rendering support. Any pre-existing relationships will be maintained as those with access will not be locked out. Meanwhile the rendering server will be updated to new graphics hardware and used for production by my studio.

I wish all of you the best, and good health.

Last edited: