HTML Abandoned Fate Bridged Worlds [v0.1.3] [Always Unqualified]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

alwaysunqualified

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2020
Basically, FGO but we ran out of budget from whaling too hard.
View attachment 684448

But seriously, always good to see more Fate related content. I wish you the best at this project.
It's not my fault that Skadi is about to drop. Then summer...

Lets look on the bright side at least this game wont shut the servers down one day...

I'm just going to go back to writing.

AkumaDaddy

Jun 25, 2017
I would just need to find out how the program works so that I could generate the cards and have them reflect the attack and hp as they level up.
I was thinking about that as well, after suggesting it. As nice as they'll look, it wouldn't really work unless you generate the cards yourself, so that you can use the font to change the numbers as they level up. If you use template images like these, then I suppose you'd just have to generate the text, which apparently uses the font Palatino, to change them as you go.

alwaysunqualified

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2020
I was thinking about that as well, after suggesting it. As nice as they'll look, it wouldn't really work unless you generate the cards yourself, so that you can use the font to change the numbers as they level up. If you use template images like these, then I suppose you'd just have to generate the text, which apparently uses the font Palatino, to change them as you go.
I got the code off github and I'm trying to figure out how to make it work.

This is what i got right now does it look any better?

testCards.png

Last edited:

alwaysunqualified

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2020
I wasn't aware they had posted the code, but that makes things easier. That looks good. I assume the lack of names is intentional.
I tried to copy their generating code but it would randomly work when it felt like it so i just generated images and overlayed the numbers.

I left the names off because I plan on letting you call them different things in the future. I just cant make it look ok so it's a problem for future me. Maybe when i know what I'm doing i can get the code to work.

Necrasu

Jun 24, 2018
as a fate fan, forced to try this game out.

will update again when i get around to playing it. c:

alcanii

Sep 3, 2017
Would it be easier if I did something alike allow you to use the number pad?
i think the best solution would be reducing the numbers of layers in the action selection screen.
just handle normal attack as a skill so u don't have to select the skill tab and u can choose right away what to do.
I also don't get the defens and offense option u have to select every turn. its like layers of selections for a simple action wich ends up to be attack in most cases and if u would have more skills it would be a horrible mess.

alwaysunqualified

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2020
i think the best solution would be reducing the numbers of layers in the action selection screen.
just handle normal attack as a skill so u don't have to select the skill tab and u can choose right away what to do.
I also don't get the defens and offense option u have to select every turn. its like layers of selections for a simple action wich ends up to be attack in most cases and if u would have more skills it would be a horrible mess.
I put that screen there because i plan on letting you do things like switch out servant or letting you chose a servant to do a double action. Defense gives you a percent damage reduction based of bond level and offense gives attack. Skipping allows you to recover more each turn so you can use your skills. You will also have to start reading into there actions so your skills will come more into play. Zombies just charge at you but a ninja might just try to skip your servants and kill you.

I also plan on each servant having 10 skills and up to 3 levels of Np. This would get cluttered quick if i just left them on the first screen. As the enemies start getting more complex you will start just basic attacking less and less.

Would allowing something like just clicking on the enemy to attack them help?

Edit: Maybe i could make the top button repeat the last action you took with the character..

Oddly

Apr 13, 2019
Yeah honestly a big fgo person. And i feel the pain from the summons haha. But this looks like it will be alot of fun, I can't wait to see more of it. I currently going through and will let you know if my thoughts and if i find anything wrong. I love debugging just for the funny stuff you can find.

alwaysunqualified

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2020
Yeah honestly a big fgo person. And i feel the pain from the summons haha. But this looks like it will be alot of fun, I can't wait to see more of it. I currently going through and will let you know if my thoughts and if i find anything wrong. I love debugging just for the funny stuff you can find.
All feedback is welcome even if it's just why you did or didn't like it. Or what character you like or hate.

My fun time debugging has been spending 12 hours trying to figure out why something didn't work only for it to be because i capitalized a word... I copy and past everything now.

Oddly

Apr 13, 2019
Yeah i know what you mean. Gotta love when a capital or an accidentally ";" or ":" can screw the whole thing haha. Well that or grammer issues. But we all have those moments.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote