Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019
The H scenes should be more and closer to each other... It's alot of combat in between scenes.
3.0 will have longer and more technical combat but less in filler enemies unless they're needed for the story.
the main thing is a drop, we'll be patient before the scenes))
1661368945300.png

Reactions: XforU

Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019
try 0.2.2 from beginning
1) textures
1661454412600.png
1661454835400.png
1661454850200.png
1661455052600.png
1661455069600.png
1661455084200.png
1661455147100.png
1661455213100.png 1661455213100.png
1661455426900.png
1661455535100.png
1661455585600.png
some invisible blocks near the fountain
1661455452500.png
1661455641700.png
1661455678200.png 1661456221100.png
1661456244200.png
1661456329700.png
2) the armor seems to be dressed, but in fact it is not put on automatically
1661454598600.png
1661454660900.png
and MC naked then talk to Siri
1661456553400.png
3)passing through people
1661454955500.png
1661454966500.png
4) Cindy and Mindy disappeared
1661455303800.png
1661455382300.png
5) I can start the quest at the doctor's without talking to the maid
1661455888800.png
1661455941500.png
6) can't get the treasure

1661457639400.png
7) OMG so cute! thx!!!
1661458016600.png

8)it would be desirable to add a value when the enemy attacks, if it possible

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Quest marker is there but no quest or invisible wall ?
2nd one is technically unfixable, thats a 3 square sprite, If i remove the invis part you'll be able to climb up the sprite.
Whats wrong in the 3rd one? 200 gold an 200 exp is what you get from those fights.

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
This game has some of the worst directions I have seen, and definitely the worst "Quest Log" I have encountered. At the very least allow NPCs to repeat directions they give you, instead of just giving you directions once and then expecting you to remember them.

Once I reached the Mysterious Stranger things got better and the rest of the game was a lot more enjoyable.

Speaking of, here's a bug:
MystStranger.png
If you speak to the Mysterious Stranger from that direction the game freezes because the stranger tries to move right, but you are in the way.

P.S.: Please give the main character some sort of starting skill. It makes no sense for him to have no skills despite how long he has been preparing for the tournament.

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
This game has some of the worst directions I have seen, and definitely the worst "Quest Log" I have encountered. At the very least allow NPCs to repeat directions they give you, instead of just giving you directions once and then expecting you to remember them.

Once I reached the Mysterious Stranger things got better and the rest of the game was a lot more enjoyable.

Speaking of, here's a bug:
View attachment 2006780
If you speak to the Mysterious Stranger from that direction the game freezes because the stranger tries to move right, but you are in the way.

P.S.: Please give the main character some sort of starting skill. It makes no sense for him to have no skills despite how long he has been preparing for the tournament.

Currently reworking the 0.1 quest system.
I'll add a real quest log in 0.3 and some of the quests from 0.1 will be reworked to be less of a walking simulator.
You're right, I'll move the MCs skills around, he will have a skill from level 1.
Thank you for reporting the bug, I'll fix it right away.

Nemesiz691

Sep 16, 2018
Found another great rpg game battles leveling up and of course some banging ehehhe. Anymore recommendations while I wait for this one to update? Anyone?

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
For anyone interested in the development of the game.

Game release will be slower because we decided to rework some stuff from 0.1
Animations are remastered(they are actual animations now with way more frames).
The art style has been changed a bit, I'll post one of the animations soon... Will most likely make a dev thread so I don't fill this one up with dev stuff.
Quest log has been added.
MC abilities have been reworked to more accurately represent a character that has experienced combat traning.
The collection room, potion vendor and healing NPCs will be part of a more understandable tutorial quest (the one where you get sent to the hospital).
Quest directions will include the location of the quest on the map... And will be easier to understand.

The pic is a WIP of the remastered Bell character.

Last edited:

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Game has been updated!
This is the 0.2 remaster and 0.3 is coming sooner than expected.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Konvel

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
The no combat mode is... really weird. it instantly kills the enemies but does not give you the loot the should have dropped.

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
The no combat mode is... really weird. it instantly kills the enemies but does not give you the loot the should have dropped.
It's not suppose to give loot since it's literally useless in no combat.
Just saw your review.
Combat is not real time, its turn based.
Auto Battle is only meant to be used if you outlevel the easier mobs otherwise play no combat because fights are somewhat strategic.
Exp is limited ofcourse, its calculated in a way to make it a bit easier if you kill all the mobs but its not meant to be used to totally outlevel the enemies.
The map is big but the walking isn't really that much and a portal system is added in 0.3 that makes it easier to move around the map.
If you picked up the minimap from the armory the questlog shouldn't be confusing but I'll look into it.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
It's not suppose to give loot since it's literally useless in no combat.
The money isn't useless, you are even given a batch of gold because you need some for quests.
Also, if you did get the XP, gold, and loot of a battle. then you would have been able to switch no combat mode on/off in the menu
Considering you actually alter dialog for it... I dare say you have made more work for yourself to get a worse result.
It should have just been an "instakill all enemies" cheat instead. where enabling that mode makes the MC have
> always goes first
> AoE that instantly kills all enemies without an animation
and whabam, you can now change the choice on no combat at will in the setting. no loot is missed. no dialog has to be rewritten.
superior result with less effort
Combat is not real time, its turn based.
Apologies, I used the wrong term. I will correct it.
it's not exactly real time, but there is a turn timer that loads for each character based on real time waited, that you must wait for it to fill before you can act. which is just pointless delay. in the default base combat it instantly calculates who goes next and then lets that person instantly go. but instead you need to sit there and wait for the action bar to fill before you actually do a turn. each one goes fast but you need multiple of them per combat

Exp is limited ofcourse, its calculated in a way to make it a bit easier if you kill all the mobs but its not meant to be used to totally outlevel the enemies.
What is an "of course" about it? this is a really bad decision.
A. I feels like I am being forced to hunt down and kill every single opponent in existence.
B. Every time I turn in a quest without genociding all mobs I permanently reduce the amount of XP that savefile can have.
C. It is extremely hard to correctly balance. every time a dev tries it you get to some hellish location which you are under leveled for.
D. It makes every equipment upgrade or consumable purchase a huge risk. You need to skip from worst to best armor since money is limited, you need to avoid using consumables since each one used is permanently reducing the amount of gold you can harvest from mobs
If I make some foolish purchases in the shop, I am not risking 2 minutes of fighting monsters, I am permanently reducing the amount of gold that run will ever have.

The map is big but the walking isn't really that much and a portal system is added in 0.3 that makes it easier to move around the map.
In the regular mode, I had to constantly walk all the way back to the start location to sleep to restore HP.

If you picked up the minimap from the armory the questlog shouldn't be confusing but I'll look into it.
I actually did pick up the map (it isn't mini). It shows me the settlement name. But being told to go speak with person X in city Y means you still have to search that city for that person.
Each settlement has a massive number of silent NPCs that cannot be talked to, but are all over the place.
Sometimes you get a ! symbol above someone, but not always

• Thinking Face

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
The money isn't useless, you are even given a batch of gold because you need some for quests.
Also, if you did get the XP, gold, and loot of a battle. then you would have been able to switch no combat mode on/off in the menu
Considering you actually alter dialog for it... I dare say you have made more work for yourself to get a worse result.
It should have just been an "instakill all enemies" cheat instead. where enabling that mode makes the MC have
> always goes first
> AoE that instantly kills all enemies without an animation
and whabam, you can now change the choice on no combat at will in the setting. no loot is missed. no dialog has to be rewritten.
superior result with less effort

Apologies, I used the wrong term. I will correct it.
it's not exactly real time, but there is a turn timer that loads for each character based on real time waited, that you must wait for it to fill before you can act. which is just pointless delay. in the default base combat it instantly calculates who goes next and then lets that person instantly go. but instead you need to sit there and wait for the action bar to fill before you actually do a turn. each one goes fast but you need multiple of them per combat

What is an "of course" about it? this is a really bad decision.
A. I feels like I am being forced to hunt down and kill every single opponent in existence.
B. Every time I turn in a quest without genociding all mobs I permanently reduce the amount of XP that savefile can have.
C. It is extremely hard to correctly balance. every time a dev tries it you get to some hellish location which you are under leveled for.
D. It makes every equipment upgrade or consumable purchase a huge risk. You need to skip from worst to best armor since money is limited, you need to avoid using consumables since each one used is permanently reducing the amount of gold you can harvest from mobs
If I make some foolish purchases in the shop, I am not risking 2 minutes of fighting monsters, I am permanently reducing the amount of gold that run will ever have.

In the regular mode, I had to constantly walk all the way back to the start location to sleep to restore HP.

I actually did pick up the map (it isn't mini). It shows me the settlement name. But being told to go speak with person X in city Y means you still have to search that city for that person.
Each settlement has a massive number of silent NPCs that cannot be talked to, but are all over the place.
Sometimes you get a ! symbol above someone, but not always
When you start a No-combat game, you get 2000+ gold for all the side-quests, that require gold.
We used to have a godlike mode, but no one actually liked it. You basically started with gear, that AOE 1 shots everything and you were immortal (you still lost time, because of the encounters themselves)...It's even in the game, but it's turned off right now.
No-Combat is meant for players, that want to play it as more of a novel and exploration game.
The only mobs that disappear after you finish a quest, are in the bandit camp. Every other mob stays alive, until you kill it at some point.
I've managed to beat the game, while skipping a lot of mobs...There are mechanics added to insure some bosses are beatable with around 40% of mobs, killed along the way.
Honesty didn't think a healing NPC was needed much. I will fix that in 0.3.
All the quest NPCs should have ! and ? above their heads, when you get a quest. I'll test the game again to see why or when they aren't there.
I don't know how far you went, but the game becomes linear when you reach the mysterious stranger, since it's a big dungeon questline.
Every character has specific abilities, that are crucial for certain fights. If you try to do the fights without figuring out the encounter, you're going to have a bad time.

To answer the ABCD
A. You're not forced to kill all the mobs. You can easily beat the game with 40%.
B. Even if you turn in a quest, mobs don't disappear (Outside of the bandit camp) and some mobs are meant to be skipped.
C. There are systems to combat that, for example: if you face the 2nd boss and you're under leveled, you get buffed and the boss gets silenced for a few rounds. Basically skipping 2 phases of the fight.
D. You can get most of the level-appropriate gear from quests. Buying gear from the store doesn't really matter much and I'll work on that in the future...Most of the gold you get, should go for Potions and Side-quests( Side-quests will have different requirements instead of gold in the next update).

Did you finish the game?

Thank you for your time and for playing our game. Honestly disappointed that so many things weren't to your liking ( I assume there are others, that might face the same issues as you) and I'll fix everything I think should be fixed for future releases.

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
hi, game have decent amount of content, its a reason to start?
7 animated scenes and around an hour and a half of gameplay (Normal mode).
One hour in No-Combat mode.
Honestly, depends if you read dialogue or not.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes