VN - Ren'Py - Fighting for Love [v0.2] [Serpentbreath3D]

1. 5.00 star(s)

brother14

OK, so some people seem a bit down on this game over release length / setting. But I've got to say I really liked it. Great models and if the family setting is a bit hackneyed it is at least done with heart. There are only so many contexts a game can be set in and for me it is all about how well it is done not if it's been done a lot before.

This really engaged me and looking forward to future updates. Also, as my game output stands at zero I am not going to moan about the length of releases.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

PrivilegedCholo

Honestly I don't even know what other reviews are saying about content, because there is barely any. Its 5 minutes of play time and 1 render.

Initial releases should always be longer, there is even less excuse when your game currently is only a linear so far. Extremely disappointing
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Saint Blackmoor

There is a good amount of content, and what is here is pretty good to excellent. I'm a sucker for hard luck stories. And this is one, but it has more to it than just trails and trebulation. The renders are excellent (except for some scenes that are too dark for my taste). The story is sad, happy, and sexy all in one. The dialogue is clear and easy to understand. 4 stars would be 5 if not for the dark scenes.
    I'm excited to see what comes next for this game.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.2

I mean, it's fine so far? I'm going to be completely honest, the game is pretty mundane. It hooked me into wanting to play it by seemingly being a story about an MMA fighter trying to climb the ladder so to speak. Unfortunately, it seems like that's only the bit of spice the dev added to mix up the true premise: another incest harem game.

All the MMA parts of the game felt like they got tacked on, and only accounts for like 20% of playable content so far. I can't even remember why the MC quit school to train full time. Why is that? It got told to me in the most haphazard way possible. There is absolutely no emotion or passion behind anything to do with the MMA stuff so far, and I have little hope of that changing. Honestly it's a bit disappointing for me. Also man, with a game seemingly about MMA especially, the actual fighting and training needs sound effects.

So what is the remaining 80% of the game about? Familial banter. That's about it. Its not even necessarily bad either, but again very mundane. I feel like it's trying to play it safe? The MC is standard nice guy with the usual corny jokes thrown in and wondering why he thinks his mom is hot. Nothing really compelling there. The mom and sisters are pretty normal I guess? Besides that one bathroom scene with the older sister, that was strange. I don't have much to say about most of the characters truth be told, there's just not enough interesting things going on with them yet. I guess they do have a family vibe going more than most incest games.

One thing I will praise this game on though is the models. I think there's a tendency with Daz especially to overexaggerate the women sometimes. Here though, they feel very natural. Rarely would I use pretty to describe a games models, but it feels fitting here. They look great in a realistic sort of way.

It's early right now so who knows how things will shake out. It's not as if this is awful, but it feels like it just wants to be an incest game and only added the MMA part to diversify a bit. If that's not a problem for you then maybe you'll get into this more for the incest stuff (though I have worries on that front as well, but we shall see). I'll probably check this out after a couple updates to see if my feelings change, but if it stays as boring as it is I'd just move on.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

RavagedSociety

What is this heresy?! A family that actually looks like a family?!? The insanity!

But for real. First, visuals. All the character models are very attractive and in very natural looking ways. Lots of good variation in appearances/shapes/etc while, as I mentioned, keeping the family actually looking like they're related rather than going for total variation. In addition, the "landlady" actually passes for a mature but well aged 40 year old woman instead of the "this woman is 20 years older!" but actually looks like she's the same age as everyone else including their own children. No animations currently to comment on but nothing really worth animating yet anyways. (aka, no sex scenes yet)

Second, the writing is pretty excellent with good chill humor and natural conversations. And wow. A "landlord" who's actually present and, so far, seems to give a shit about all his "tenets"! That definitely leaves me curious how this will effect the obvious progression with the "landlady". Either way, definitely giving the feels of a rewarding slow burn but a little too early to stand by that claim.

Lastly. Technicals. Menu seems pretty standard. Already has a gallery so that's good. Pleasant music score. Plenty of choices but not sure yet how much they effect the story. Some choices seem to matter. Some don't seem to matter at all. Not entirely sure. But presenting readers with choices keeps up engagement so I'm happy with both.

In summary, definitely looking to be a great VN and I'll be happily looking forward to future releases.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

proxsz

Version 0.2 - Rating 5/5

A really great game that came out of nowhere. Great start with realistic and funny conversations.

Characters- They are realistic, beautiful and they all have a realistic life. (5/5)

Scenes- Great, No comments so far. (5/5)

Animations- Animations are very successful, they certainly do not look artificial. (5/5)

Places- Place designs are very successful. The atmosphere in the house is good, and the places where you go look very realistic (5/5)

Personal Likes- Those "roommates", damn boyy ;)

I'm curious to see how things will proceed. Hopefully it won't be rushed and so we get to see a normal relationship growing.

~Proxsz~
  7. 5.00 star(s)

lifestealer17

Really good so far. Espeically as mma fan, it makes me enjoy more. This is one of most realistic games I play too, both in how characters look, and how they talk. I really like this slow space games focused on story, so I hope theres no rush here, and that we get good ending. I'm excited for future of this game dev, keep it up!
  8. 2.00 star(s)

eskadet

The models are nice and well designed. However, the setting and premise is entirely generic/cliche (it is just a simple harem game). You can find one hundred other games that are the same so this game offers very little in terms of new experiences. Not a bad game but I find little reason to give it a recommendation at this moment so two stars for me
  9. 5.00 star(s)

frozted

Super early, but this already shows so much promise.
    First off, the graphics are first rate. Each scene is rendered beautifully and every character shown so far has been very attractive. The family look similar enough that they are believable, and the dialogues between the brother and the sisters are realistic. One mild lewd scene so far. I can't decide which girl I like the most, which is a great problem to have. If the dev can keep up this quality and have consistent releases than I definitely believe that this game is worth supporting and should become one of the next big games. Good luck Dev!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

anonymousguys

Still nothing much but get family chemistry
    Character looking nice too and there's a gallery
    Story gave me an expectation for the later update
    But the scene in gallery isn't worth it

Thanks a lot for the game and I'm hoping for more
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Dr Secz

Graphics: Good ,very good. Not smooth but giving expression and details very well.

Story: Story is what i call unique ,has something intrigant and makes me want to play it further. Just keep it down, dont hurry. There is a lot of potential in this game in future.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

robertweed

Looks Promising.

The writing has some nice jokes, MC is living with a happy family and they have some good chemistry together, not much content related to MMA but its just an initial release so can't judge it. Renders are pretty solid, just some quick and long updates is all we need.
    Only 1 point of criticism (Spoiler Alert) is that MC jerked off to his sister/roommate, that scene doesn't follow up with his character, he doesn't look like a pervert, Incest kind of guy yet, so it was like knee jerk reaction. The line of post nut clearity helped explain the situation but still, i think there should be some character build up, before MC takes such a step, i think developer wanted to include something lewd in initial release, so he added that scene.
    Giving it a solid 4 star nonetheless.