Files need correct names

rawry776

Jun 2, 2020
So, I have actually purchased with real money a lewd game I thought would be fun to play from DLsite. It's in Japanese, and that's fine because I have textractor for machine translation in game and that works just fine for me.

My issue is in the file folder itself. My machine reads Japanese characters as a bunch of nonsense (as seen in the pictures below). I have set my computer region to Japanese, and still it refuses to read it.

As a result of the game looking for a specific file name and my PC screwing up the Japanese characters in the files of the game, the game crashes, and files won't load. Does anyone have a solution to this? I've tried reaching out to the developer and haven't received a reply.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
You need to decompress it with something that can use Japanese characters, like WinRAR or...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The error message being also garbled makes it looks like you need the Windows Japanese language pack.

Reactions: rawry776

rawry776

Jun 2, 2020
You need to decompress it with something that can use Japanese characters, like WinRAR or...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The error message being also garbled makes it looks like you need the Windows Japanese language pack.
I did both of those things, and the files are still corrupted. Oh well, lesson learned I guess.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I did both of those things, and the files are still corrupted. Oh well, lesson learned I guess.
If they get compressed like it then I don't think it would help. I'd hope you would have that happen on DLSite, but looking again there is one file with the Japanese intact.

I think I might have seen something to maybe fix it earlier, I'll have to have a look and see I did.

Edit - Can't seem to find it, if you let me know the game name I could try finding the proper file names.

Last edited:

rawry776

Jun 2, 2020
If they get compressed like it then I don't think it would help. I'd hope you would have that happen on DLSite, but looking again there is one file with the Japanese intact.

I think I might have seen something to maybe fix it earlier, I'll have to have a look and see I did.

Edit - Can't seem to find it, if you let me know the game name I could try finding the proper file names.

it looked funny as hell, i'm sad.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
it looked funny as hell, i'm sad.
The files in the trial version extracted properly with Bandizip set to Japanese, the game title in the ini file didn't but that's easily fixed. Try swapping these with the ones from your full copy...

Replacement files -

Hopefully they're the same.

Reactions: rawry776

rawry776

Jun 2, 2020
The files in the trial version extracted properly with Bandizip set to Japanese, the game title in the ini file didn't but that's easily fixed. Try swapping these with the ones from your full copy...

Replacement files -

Hopefully they're the same.
OMG it works perfectly now! TY!

Reactions: TheBlueKnight