VN - Unity - Completed - Find Love or Die Trying [Final] [Auden Jin]

1. 3.00 star(s)

SkinnyWeenie

Girls may have some distinct looks but their personalities are pretty cut and dry, most of them at least. Also don't know why in romance games like these there's never a good solo ending, its either end up with a female of your choice or die/live a miserable life. Side tracking aside main plotline not the best not the worst, art is really nice and the main menu ost is a bopper.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

fromabove

I don't usually play VNs with no sexual content, but I tried this one on a whim and its story managed to captivate me, so definitely give it a chance if you have your doubts. Aside from all the girls being lovely and an absolute pleasure to interact with, the plot is pretty unique and interesting by VN standards, and it also throws you a curveball at a few points that I can't really talk about or else it would spoil the surprise. All in all I had a great time playing it and would recommend it to anyone.

I only have two grievances about this game, not serious enough to knock it down from a 5-star rating, but important enough to be mentioned, so here they are:

1. Unity game engine. I'm sorry, I'm sure you've heard it before but it can't be overstated, Unity is an awful game engine for VNs, especially for all of us who have been spoiled by RenPy and its various QoL features. The less devs use Unity the better.

2. Despite the game being free of any sexual imagery, MC and the girls do have sex. It's never quite spelled out, but it's pretty heavily implied, to the point where there's practically zero doubt as to what the author meant there. So it's not like the game has no sexual content because the story itself is "clean" through and through, it's just that the dev decided he wanted his game not to receive a "for adults only" rating. It's kind of a bummer that we will never see these beautiful girls make love to the MC, but it is what it is.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

elitehydra79

Wanted to give this a 4.5/5 , but since that wasn’t an option I went with 5/5

I saw a lot of people in the comments asking whether it was good or not, so I decided to throw in my two cents.

Story:
    Story-wise this is better than 90% of the games posted here. The story is well paced and even though you will probably realize what is going to happen well before it does. I would still recommend this as the dialogue for the plot is pretty well written.

Characters:
    The characters are all generic VN tropes, each one having its own back story. However the back story isn’t really explored as much as it could have been. But the writer did an alright job considering that this is a very short game by VN standards.

OST:

The OST is a mix of Kevin McLeod and some original music, which really fits the theme of the scenes. There are some real groovy tracks in here.

Would I recommend:
    Honestly, if VNs are your thing go for it. It’s not that long and if you are a completionist you could easily get all the endings in under 12 hrs.

If you play this game for the story, you will not be dissapointed.