First attempts with Daz Studio. Open to critiques.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
I see I've missed a bit here^^
You can use the g3 tail without having to re-rig the whole thing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sweet! I've been using the tails from CC Zophael and CC Avandrael, both based on Genesis 8. I like the tail more than the G3 Dark Fantasy tails because they are thinner, longer, connect to the character somewhat cleaner, and have almost three times the bones for posing.

That said, this tip is a huge help. I'm certain this won't be the last time I need to fit g3 assets to a g8 model. In fact, I can still imagine cases where I would use the g3 dark fantasy tails. So... thank you for the tip :).

I was actually working on an update on what I've done recently. Mostly just corrections and tweaks to the characters shown so far. However, I was planning to include an orgy scene with a new character. Unfortunately I've hit some road blocks with that.The scene seems to be too memory intensive. I'm not sure if that's the actual problem though. I have 16gigs of system ram an the RTX2070 is an 8gb card (which is the whole reason I rejected getting the 6GB RTX 2060)... and even after brutalizing the textures and geometry to get the scene size down to 6gigs (of ram required) the render is still excruciatingly slow and makes my entire system non-responsive for the duration... something that hasn't happened with any past renders. So I don't know what's going on. I'm pursuing a solution... but I'm really close to saying "fuck it" and rendering the scene in parts then compositing them back together in Photoshop. It'll mess with some of the indirect lighting and shadows but ffs... i've been stuck on this long enough.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Whelp, it's been a frustrating two weeks and what I had intended to be a celebration of having gotten a good enough handle on Daz Studio to move on has instead become a revelation that something I was counting on being able to do likely won't be possible. I had planned to rely on dForce to position and shape hair to match the pose of the characters. But, because every hair out there built specifically to use dForce happens to have ridiculously complex geometry, my "lowly" RTX2070 can't handle it. I can simulate the hair fine. But I can't render it. Not in an actual scene with other characters. So what I thought was going to be a big time saver and problem solver... is instead a thorn in my side.

I now have to find replacement hairs for every character. I have to change my plans on how I'm going to compose scenes so that characters will never be in a pose that make those hairs' immunity to gravity apparent. There's lots of games out there when characters just stand around and talk to each other most of the time. That's fine. But this wasn't going to be that kind of game. And now it is. Because a single dForce hair asset is 80% of my geometry budget.

This really sucks.

In any case, here's the what I had intended to post:
Female PC 3.png

New hair. In fact this is the hair that takes 80% of my geometry budget for any scene it's in. Other than that she's mostly unchanged. I made some tweaks to her eyes that are story relevant. But details on that will come later. And finally I've added the scars she carries from her years of scrambling to survive on the streets in a world where morality has lost all meaning. Each set of scars tells a story of a particular trauma she's endured. Whether she'll share any of those during the course of the game... I haven't decided yet.

Female PC 3 - Main Event.png
And here she is again. I said this was TF/Corruption game right? Bigger boobs, wider hips, and a signature style for the Arena patrons to recognize her by. This is about where I expect she'll be by about halfway through the game. Transformations you can't see:
  • her lower legs have been altered so she has to wear "ballet" heals to walk comfortably... but she's also been granted unnatural skill in doing so
  • her tongue has been tainted by sexual contact with Doxy... it now extends up to a foot from her mouth and is entirely prehensile. It's also rather sexually sensitive.
  • her pussy has been tainted by sexual contact with the Male PC... she now suffers from a condition hilariously and quite descriptively known as "The Drip." Her pussy is literally permanently aching to be fucked and drools that need liberally down her thighs. (this is one of those things I don't have assets for... and don't expect to find them. But I have an idea how to make them.)
All of this subject to change, of course.

Micha 4.png
Micha has some big changes to her outfit. The old cape was part of an outfit they would have covered the place where the left side of the cape was held... but without that part of the outfit the cape was just magically hanging on to her shoulder blade by friction alone. I think this works almost as well, and doesn't change the character much. You may have noticed she also has the same hair as the MC... the one that uses up 80% of the geometry budget all by itself. So her hair is going to have to be changed. Also, hopefully, her expression is no longer inhuman looking.

Lady Askara 3.png
Lady Azkara has barely changed... she's just gained her proper tail. Her hair uses up ~30% of my geometry budget... still too much so it will have to change.

Doxy 3.png
Doxy is likewise complete. The issue with her sleave exploding has been resolved. I ended up giving her the scorpion tail because I would have had to paint a custom texture to make the other tails blend with ther skin texture. I also figured since she's all about poisons... give her a venomous tail. Here, however, she's using it to pull up her skirt and give the viewer a better look at her bum. I used animated her tail in combination with dForce to accomplish this. This hair also uses up 30% of my geometry budget... so... yep... gotta change it.

Shalborg 1.png
Finally, a new character: Shalborg the Deceiver, Father of the Many Fleets, Inventor of Magitech, The Original Summoner, and second only to the Cruel Empress herself. I'll not be sharing much about Shalborg for now. This scene is very much non-canon, but I have a rule against giant dicks being on display and no naked women present to please it (or, more accurately, the viewer).

If the scene seems a little unbalanced... it's cause it is. Micha was supposed to be leaning up against his right knee while starting at the Female PC eating Lady Azkara out and fondling herself. But the Geometry budget was tapped out by what you see. It's not immediately obvious... but the Female PC is bald here cause I had to remove her hair for the scene to render.

I'm gonna shift gears here and focus on story for a while. Get some distance from these hair issues. But I'll be about.

Last edited:

Endomorphian

Dec 12, 2017
Get a batch-render script, I like this one:
As long as you have a dedicated computer for rendering, you can allow for quite long render-times since even if some take 1-2 hours you can still render hundreds of images in a month. And since you will be working on other things in the game, the render time is usually not the bottle-neck. Allowing for longer rendering times will make life easier in daz as you can focus more on the art and a little less on optimization.

About hair, many have wind-presets that will emulate gravity -good enough- to work. And it's much faster and doesn't bog down the scenes. Just turn a dial.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Get a batch-render script, I like this one:
As long as you have a dedicated computer for rendering, you can allow for quite long render-times since even if some take 1-2 hours you can still render hundreds of images in a month. And since you will be working on other things in the game, the render time is usually not the bottle-neck. Allowing for longer rendering times will make life easier in daz as you can focus more on the art and a little less on optimization.

About hair, many have wind-presets that will emulate gravity -good enough- to work. And it's much faster and doesn't bog down the scenes. Just turn a dial.
Unfortunately, it's not that it takes too long to render these hairs. Or rather... not just 1-2 hours. Basically, if I try to render with GPU only the render outright fails often with Daz Studio crashing to desktop. Heck, half the time my video card drivers crash and I have to wait for the windows desktop to redraw. 8GB simply isn't enough video memory for those hairs. And if I allow it to render via CPU then the render time is (I shit you not) TEN MONTHS. It took 2 hours to render a single pass of the Shalborg scene on CPU... that scene takes about 3500 passes to fully render. 2*3500 is 7000 hours. 7000/24 is exactly 291⅔ days. 291.667/30 is a little over 9.7 months. Meanwhile, if I reduce the geometry so I don't run out of VRAM (by outright removing the hairs) I can finish that scene in about forty minutes.

The batch render tool you linked is still super useful though (thanks! :) ). I was eventually going to have to look something like that up anyway. And I do plan to design and build a render box before this is all over.

But it doesn't change that these hairs have to go and a big part of my plans along with them. Unfortunately, those dials you speak of don't come close to what I had planned... no, not even close to good enough. At least not on any of the hairs currently in my library. That's why I started looking into dForce in the first place. These dials assume an upright character... not a character hanging upside down with her legs locked around an opponents neck strangling him. And altering the hair meshes to create the effects I would need for the fantasy martial arts scenes i had planned will take far longer than a dForce sim would have. Bottom line: those action scenes are just not going to happen. They are too time intensive or require hardware I simply can't afford (do videocards with 32gigs of vram even exist?) or require me to use only buzz-cuts for every character.

Last edited:

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
What I really need is a way to use dForce hairs, run the simulation, then turn the hairs into a simplified version of themselves in their current state. Some automated tool that will take each frame and created a hair mesh that matches the hair's current shape but with a fraction of the geometry.