First DAZ3D renders..

Xaida

Feb 15, 2018
So I'am I using f95zone a relative long time now and yesterday, I was really excited, and I wanted to start rendering my own characters / models. So I started and at first I had big problems, now I'am I coming closer and closer to good renders I think. I want you all to say something about these renders, would be really nice if you could help me improve my renders and give me some tips and ideas.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I kinda gave her the name "Linda" don't know why:

PS: I tried to apply "tan lines", with Skinbuilder but it just produced this lol

I don't know why, I gave her the name "Ashley", I thought it sounds good:

PS: I know she flying, dunno how to fix this s*it..

With regards
Marius

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Since you asked for feedback:

1. Disregarding the weird texture coloring glitch in the first image (which you already mentioned), and basing my thoughts solely on the two renders you have posted here, I would say that your main area of focus for improvement at the moment should be getting faces to look more natural / normal.

The first image, "Linda" has some serious derp-face or man-face going on. I can't pin down one specific issue aside from the fact that her eyes appear somewhat crossed... but that's not the only factor. Overall her face looks very masculine to me, which might be a combination of the darkened shading on her skin (which somewhat gives an impression of facial hair, even though there is none) and her wide nose and round face. I'm not sure, but she's just not fappable in my opinion.

The second image of "Ashley" -- her face just doesn't look natural at all. I understand that you tried to make her look more youthful, but to be completely honest with you it looks like a baby's head/face on a woman's body. That's the best way I can describe what I'm seeing.

2. Aside from the faces specifically, you should focus on correcting your shoulder angles (they are way too low in the second image, even with her arms down as they are), and getting the correct neck length. Both of the girls' necks are too long. Maybe shortening Ashley's neck will make up for the shoulder drop, but I still think they're too low. Obviously her head at that angle will accentuate her neck and make it seem longer, but that area of her body just looks incorrect to me.

----

Keep at it though. I have definitely seen much, much worse renders used in games before. If I were you, I wouldn't consider the two you posted here to be "release" quality, but it's a really good start.

You might want to pull up some anatomical photographs and use them as a reference on a secondary monitor while you tweak your bodies. It really helps to have something to reference. Sites like this are a good reference when modeling: www (dot) female-anatomy-for-artist (dot) com

You can google for others if you don't find the pose you want there or don't like that site. Or just search google images for the pose you're looking for, you're bound to find something. I recommend using actual photographs as reference, though, rather than illustrations or other 3D renders, as sometimes you might find something that *looks* good but is anatomically incorrect, and basing your render off that image will be perpetuating the original artist's mistake.

Good luck!

Reactions: Xaida

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Your posing and textures look fine. You're self-aware enough to see mistakes, that is good. Also, kudos for making original characters I haven't seen 1000 times before.

Your lighting is good (but keep improving). Your posing is fine, your texturing is fine. I would also recommend finding a way to get this product: Which you should apply in the posing tab and leave on. It will get rid of the weird bends in the knees and hips of your characters (like the 1st image)

Familiarize yourself with the posing and shaping tabs, and play with your render settings, find what works best for your computer. There is always a faster way to render scenes!

Xaida

Feb 15, 2018
Your posing and textures look fine. You're self-aware enough to see mistakes, that is good. Also, kudos for making original characters I haven't seen 1000 times before.

Your lighting is good (but keep improving). Your posing is fine, your texturing is fine. I would also recommend finding a way to get this product: Which you should apply in the posing tab and leave on. It will get rid of the weird bends in the knees and hips of your characters (like the 1st image)

Familiarize yourself with the posing and shaping tabs, and play with your render settings, find what works best for your computer. There is always a faster way to render scenes!

Thanks for the answer and your tips to improve myself.

I uploaded ->
here:

Xaida

Feb 15, 2018
Since you asked for feedback:

1. Disregarding the weird texture coloring glitch in the first image (which you already mentioned), and basing my thoughts solely on the two renders you have posted here, I would say that your main area of focus for improvement at the moment should be getting faces to look more natural / normal.

The first image, "Linda" has some serious derp-face or man-face going on. I can't pin down one specific issue aside from the fact that her eyes appear somewhat crossed... but that's not the only factor. Overall her face looks very masculine to me, which might be a combination of the darkened shading on her skin (which somewhat gives an impression of facial hair, even though there is none) and her wide nose and round face. I'm not sure, but she's just not fappable in my opinion.

The second image of "Ashley" -- her face just doesn't look natural at all. I understand that you tried to make her look more youthful, but to be completely honest with you it looks like a baby's head/face on a woman's body. That's the best way I can describe what I'm seeing.

2. Aside from the faces specifically, you should focus on correcting your shoulder angles (they are way too low in the second image, even with her arms down as they are), and getting the correct neck length. Both of the girls' necks are too long. Maybe shortening Ashley's neck will make up for the shoulder drop, but I still think they're too low. Obviously her head at that angle will accentuate her neck and make it seem longer, but that area of her body just looks incorrect to me.

----

Keep at it though. I have definitely seen much, much worse renders used in games before. If I were you, I wouldn't consider the two you posted here to be "release" quality, but it's a really good start.

You might want to pull up some anatomical photographs and use them as a reference on a secondary monitor while you tweak your bodies. It really helps to have something to reference. Sites like this are a good reference when modeling: www (dot) female-anatomy-for-artist (dot) com

You can google for others if you don't find the pose you want there or don't like that site. Or just search google images for the pose you're looking for, you're bound to find something. I recommend using actual photographs as reference, though, rather than illustrations or other 3D renders, as sometimes you might find something that *looks* good but is anatomically incorrect, and basing your render off that image will be perpetuating the original artist's mistake.

Good luck!
Thanks for the time you took, to answer me. I really appreciate your answer and I will try to improve these things.
But I just started with rendering and modeling, so I just don't really know, how to change the face, I mean I know how I change the head, but not the face itself.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Thanks for the time you took, to answer me. I really appreciate your answer and I will try to improve these things.
But I just started with rendering and modeling, so I just don't really know, how to change the face, I mean I know how I change the head, but not the face itself.
So if you go to the 'shaping' tab, there should these things called 'morph sliders'. For example, if you load up Victoria 8, the Victoria 8 morph sliders are at 100%, for both body and head (head + face). Mix and match with different models to get different looks. I would also suggest posting in the Daz3d art thread in the general area. The thread is full of artists who don't mind giving pointers if you need help.