exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
This is a great game, especially considering only one person made it. Yeah, some of the art is a little bit off (like when you're sleeping), but it honestly reminds me of old-school adult flash games and gives the game a bit of charm and personality. The animations are all solid and high quality, which is what's really important.

I do think the opening quests are waaaaaaay too long though. I played through the MILF content of the game and a good half of my gametime was just figuring out how to fix everything. I know I could use a guide to speed that up, but I don't use guides, I think it's an insult to the dev and makes the whole experience a bit pointless. I specifically didn't do the sister because I didn't want to deal with all of that front loaded exploration and questing again. All the other characters worked much better. Anyway, if possible, I think it would be better to split all of the tasks you have to do across the storyline. I completely understand if it's too later for that though. Maybe at the very least, cut a couple of the tasks you need to do to shorten it a little bit. The game would likely flow a bit better and not be as potentially alienating to new players who want to get into the action relatively quickly.

Either way, I had a lot of fun with it. I hope you're able to get more support and be more successful! It's really strange how little support you have for how good of a game this is. Especially considering it's 2D animated.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
This is a great game, especially considering only one person made it. Yeah, some of the art is a little bit off (like when you're sleeping), but it honestly reminds me of old-school adult flash games and gives the game a bit of charm and personality. The animations are all solid and high quality, which is what's really important.

I do think the opening quests are waaaaaaay too long though. I played through the MILF content of the game and a good half of my gametime was just figuring out how to fix everything. I know I could use a guide to speed that up, but I don't use guides, I think it's an insult to the dev and makes the whole experience a bit pointless. I specifically didn't do the sister because I didn't want to deal with all of that front loaded exploration and questing again. All the other characters worked much better. Anyway, if possible, I think it would be better to split all of the tasks you have to do across the storyline. I completely understand if it's too later for that though. Maybe at the very least, cut a couple of the tasks you need to do to shorten it a little bit. The game would likely flow a bit better and not be as potentially alienating to new players who want to get into the action relatively quickly.

Either way, I had a lot of fun with it. I hope you're able to get more support and be more successful! It's really strange how little support you have for how good of a game this is. Especially considering it's 2D animated.
I completely agree with this. Before releasing the most recent update, I took a leisurely playthrough of the game, rather than my typical "speed run to make sure I didn't break anything" type of testing and I was struck by the disjointed progression of the Mom's story.

As you say, you have to do a lot of stuff before the first true sex scene happens and if you don't know what you're doing, you could spend hours working on all the stories at once and feel like you're not making any progress. There are a handful of Let's Play videos up on YT and it seems like these channels usually give up on the game before anything truly "fun" happens.

In addition to the slow early part of the Mom's story, the middle part has some bad flow and things happen too quickly. There's a point around the kissing stage where the most optimal thing for you to do is to sleep so you can watch a cut scene where Mom is on the phone with her friend, then go right back to sleep a couple of times. Also, the BJ and Tit job scenes happen one right-after the other and it feels like there should be a quest to fix the clock instead of having Scott do it for you.

I do intend to address these issues. I just have to come up with a plan and implement it with care to ensure I don't blow up anyone's save games, which is a huge risk when modifying existing content/story.

I suspect the reasons why the game has little support are the following (in no particular order):
1. Because the game is uncensored as far as "family" content, I can't monetize it on Patreon.
2. I don't really promote the game at all.
3. Because it's one person and this isn't my primary (or secondary) source of income, development is painfully slow.
4. There's been way too many missed deadlines and delays (I'm now using the "when it's done" approach so that there are no "target dates" to miss).

Anyhow, thank you for the very thoughtful post! Cheers!

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
I completely agree with this. Before releasing the most recent update, I took a leisurely playthrough of the game, rather than my typical "speed run to make sure I didn't break anything" type of testing and I was struck by the disjointed progression of the Mom's story.

As you say, you have to do a lot of stuff before the first true sex scene happens and if you don't know what you're doing, you could spend hours working on all the stories at once and feel like you're not making any progress. There are a handful of Let's Play videos up on YT and it seems like these channels usually give up on the game before anything truly "fun" happens.

In addition to the slow early part of the Mom's story, the middle part has some bad flow and things happen too quickly. There's a point around the kissing stage where the most optimal thing for you to do is to sleep so you can watch a cut scene where Mom is on the phone with her friend, then go right back to sleep a couple of times. Also, the BJ and Tit job scenes happen one right-after the other and it feels like there should be a quest to fix the clock instead of having Scott do it for you.

I do intend to address these issues. I just have to come up with a plan and implement it with care to ensure I don't blow up anyone's save games, which is a huge risk when modifying existing content/story.

I suspect the reasons why the game has little support are the following (in no particular order):
1. Because the game is uncensored as far as "family" content, I can't monetize it on Patreon.
2. I don't really promote the game at all.
3. Because it's one person and this isn't my primary (or secondary) source of income, development is painfully slow.
4. There's been way too many missed deadlines and delays (I'm now using the "when it's done" approach so that there are no "target dates" to miss).

Anyhow, thank you for the very thoughtful post! Cheers!
Maaaaan, pls don't change anything. Your game looks really like a game (done with a soul!), not just a bunch of lewd slides. I hope u will keep it like a point-and-click quest.

kopv4

Feb 22, 2020
Me and my 0 patience having brain think that having more optional speed in the gameplay would help the flow of the game a lot. Some suggestions:

I enjoy seeing the buildup to sex scenes, but having to replay the whole game to get to those scenes to experience the build up to it can get a bit too much in my opinion. The gallery is great, but it only really shows the specific scene without any of the previous story around it. I've seen some devs fix this by having the option to start your game at a certain point in the story. The point and click questing is definitely fun, but after 2 or 3 times I don't think anyone would really want to redo those exact same things again. Imagine a start point being right after completing all the chores. This way you can get to the kissing scene fast + experience what got Meredith to the point of doing it. Have this at logical start points before the other scenes and you'll be making a whole lot of adhd'd people happy.

Another thing could be implementing the option to change the double click to trigger teleporting instead of walking faster. Instead of simply pressing a button in settings, this could have it's own funny scene of finding some type of retro teleport gadget in your room.

Allowing instantaneous text during dialogues would be great as well. I know that a skip feature can be risky, I've had it break renpy games in very odd ways. No idea how that'd work on unity, but if possible, it'd be a great addition.

Reactions: JorogrArt

kristal777

Oct 23, 2020
Hello :coffee:
First I want to say a huge thank you to the author of the game (y)
Excuse my English :geek:

I believe that there are indeed gaps in the story of the convergence of son and mother, because we want to see a character in the game looking at which you believe that it is mom!) but not just an adult cohabitant of a very promiscuous character, which is not even to achieve and do not have to as she herself jumps on you.:confused:

my suggestions :
1)It's to show mom's motive in more detail.

- She hasn't had sex in a while and she's craving her natural needs?
- She is compelled to do it and has no other choice ?
- Does she accidentally come to these situations a bit "overplayed" ?
- She's very worried about what her son will grow up to be! And she has good evidence for that worry.
- Maybe she agonizes and worries for days or weeks about whether she should (kiss), (hand) (mouth) her son? At the same time, her opinion is constantly changing from "it's terribly wrong and beyond our reality" to ... I will do it no matter what it costs me, because as a real mother I am ready to do anything for my child.
It would make a lot of sense in the moments when Meredith comes to the guy's room. With a decision already formed.

2)What does the protagonist think about all this?

I mean, he is a human being with emotions ) and after such close contact, he clearly must be experiencing the stress or love or animal sexual instinct of a teenager. I don't mean that it needs a lot, but a little revitalization of the main character would be nice:)

3)
Personally, I like the slow development of events, but everyone's tastes are different. I want to say that the story that is already there, it is GREAT! And that's why I want to learn more details in this story.
That it would be a little more logical, realistic and with clear intentions of the mother.

In conclusion, I want to express my endless respect for your work and thank you for the masterpiece that we already have.(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Speaking solely from the pov of cis- hetero- male protagonist games

My perspective has always been that the Parent-Child conquest in nearly all these games is really like the final boss battle. It should be the hardest (heh) victory the MC-child wins, and you shouldn't be able to do it until you've gained the skills to prevail over x-number of mini-bosses (siblings, grandparents, second-degree relatives, teacher, super friendly neighbor, etc.). That certainly delays, *clears throat*, the satisfaction we're looking for as players, but it feels more......... 'realistic' is definitely not the word I want to use here......... accurate?

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about the game, I'm not. It just feels more like an earned payoff.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Me and my 0 patience having brain think that having more optional speed in the gameplay would help the flow of the game a lot. Some suggestions:

I enjoy seeing the buildup to sex scenes, but having to replay the whole game to get to those scenes to experience the build up to it can get a bit too much in my opinion. The gallery is great, but it only really shows the specific scene without any of the previous story around it. I've seen some devs fix this by having the option to start your game at a certain point in the story. The point and click questing is definitely fun, but after 2 or 3 times I don't think anyone would really want to redo those exact same things again. Imagine a start point being right after completing all the chores. This way you can get to the kissing scene fast + experience what got Meredith to the point of doing it. Have this at logical start points before the other scenes and you'll be making a whole lot of adhd'd people happy.
Allowing instantaneous text during dialogues would be great as well. I know that a skip feature can be risky, I've had it break renpy games in very odd ways. No idea how that'd work on unity, but if possible, it'd be a great addition.
These are interesting ideas and I'll think about them. I can vouch for the tedious nature of playing the game over from start as I do a couple of speed runs before each release.

I have a couple of updates to get through before I can tackle something like this, but I would want to make sure I fully and precisely identify the problems with repeat playthroughs before implementing solutions.

Off the top of my head, some or more of the following could go a long way:
  1. Addressing the game text speed issue people have been complaining about.
  2. A new game option for "experienced" players that automatically gives the player the fast travel perks and skips past. I could make a "virgin" pun in the describing of the different options. This option could automatically complete or skip past the cleaning the room quest, which is really only meant to give the player a "quick win" and function as a kind of tutorial.
  3. Fix some of the pacing issues in Meredith's story. I've spoken about this in previous posts.
  4. Additional Fast Travel abilities.
I believe that there are indeed gaps in the story of the convergence of son and mother, because we want to see a character in the game looking at which you believe that it is mom!) but not just an adult cohabitant of a very promiscuous character, which is not even to achieve and do not have to as she herself jumps on you.:confused:
For the most part, I believe I've written Meredith as an authentic "American" mom (except for the romance w/her son part). There are always areas that could be improved, but the scenes where she embarrasses MC by bringing home a girl's phone number she met and brings home a stack of dirty magazines, for example, seem pretty legit to me.

my suggestions :
1)It's to show mom's motive in more detail.

- She hasn't had sex in a while and she's craving her natural needs?
- She is compelled to do it and has no other choice ?
- Does she accidentally come to these situations a bit "overplayed" ?
- She's very worried about what her son will grow up to be! And she has good evidence for that worry.
- Maybe she agonizes and worries for days or weeks about whether she should (kiss), (hand) (mouth) her son? At the same time, her opinion is constantly changing from "it's terribly wrong and beyond our reality" to ... I will do it no matter what it costs me, because as a real mother I am ready to do anything for my child.
It would make a lot of sense in the moments when Meredith comes to the guy's room. With a decision already formed.
This is where my perception from making the game might differ from the experience of playing the game. The player gets SOME forced insight from the cut scenes where Meredith talks to her friend on the phone. Some of the scenes where she barges into MC's room kind of give some clues. There's also the optional ability to understand Meredith's motivation by reading her diary.

The motivation I've tried to convey for Meredith is that she is under the impression that her adult son is hopelessly unsuccessful with women and is going to turn into some kind of "sex pervert." Given that she's a single mother who is working all the time and MC's dad isn't around, she assumes that there's some mystical wisdom that is magically passed down from father to son, that MC never received that would otherwise make him a ladies' man. Because most parents don't know what the heck they're doing (and this is pre-Internet), Meredith comes up with the idea of giving her son a crash course. Her plan backfires when a moment of chemistry is sparked as she's teaching him how to kiss and the seeds of ever-growing lust are planted in both of them from that moment forward.

I feel like all of this is stated in the narrative, but I'm speaking from the perspective of the guy who wrote the story, so I may be taking too much for granted and not properly unfolding the story to the player.

2)What does the protagonist think about all this?

I mean, he is a human being with emotions ) and after such close contact, he clearly must be experiencing the stress or love or animal sexual instinct of a teenager. I don't mean that it needs a lot, but a little revitalization of the main character would be nice:)
This is one of those philosophical things that I've waffled back and forth on. At times, I've had the view that the player should be the one doing the feeling and not MC. Others, I've had MC express his (or her) thoughts. The most obvious example of this is after the second kissing session where MC needs to jerk off to get some relief.

In conclusion, I want to express my endless respect for your work and thank you for the masterpiece that we already have.(y)(y)(y)
Nice! I'm glad you like it. Cheers!
Why does it load at 100 percent cpu? Is everyone like this?
Not that I know of. Is it the entire game or a specific scene?

Speaking solely from the pov of cis- hetero- male protagonist games

My perspective has always been that the Parent-Child conquest in nearly all these games is really like the final boss battle. It should be the hardest (heh) victory the MC-child wins, and you shouldn't be able to do it until you've gained the skills to prevail over x-number of mini-bosses (siblings, grandparents, second-degree relatives, teacher, super friendly neighbor, etc.). That certainly delays, *clears throat*, the satisfaction we're looking for as players, but it feels more......... 'realistic' is definitely not the word I want to use here......... accurate?
eels more like an earned payoff.
I agree with this. Meredith's progression is intended to require the most effort. Then Brooke and Nicole after that. Every other character is either a mini-boss (Charlotte) or a side character (Lucy) that can be "won" relatively quickly.

kristal777

Oct 23, 2020
JorogrArt Thank you for your reply :)

After reading your reply and thinking a bit, I agree with you that the protagonist really does not need to assign any character and excessive emotions, as the opportunity to "think" and feel in his skin, it is a great narrative :)) Which by the way worked well in half life.

I really liked the situation on the couch, when ordinary things turn inadvertently into romance )

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Yo JorogrArt. Any news about the Unity announce? Are you gonna leave Unity after that?
No.

Doesn't apply to anyone who made less than 200k in last 12 months
Yup. This game hasn't made a single penny from "sales." The game is not only tied to the Unity game engine, but just as important is the Adventure Creator plugin, which I believe is Unity-only. I, of course, can't rule out that Unity might make some massive, dramatic change that will screw me, but this ain't it.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Only critique would be that the forced pacing of dialogue and slow movement speed drives me bonkers
The next update will add an "Instant Dialogue: On/Off" toggle, which will do two things:
  • Causes character speech to appear instantly.
  • Globally ignore artificial delays after a line of dialogue is printed.
1694747884202.png

ourf

Feb 22, 2023
JorogrArt, Man! I want to say thank you for what you are doing, just a few days ago I played your game and was ecstatic about everything that was happening! Starting from art, animation, game mechanics and ending with musical accompaniment. Although I did not find the 80s and 90s, but all this theme and atmosphere conveys the same retro style, which is why the original product turns out. I want to wish you good health, good luck and do not lose interest in this game. We will all follow this cool story of the 80s to find out how it all ends! (If there are mistakes, I'm sorry I'm not a native speaker of this language )

4.40 star(s) 84 Votes