Tommy7358

Jul 25, 2022
It varies, but generally 3-6 months.
Speaking of updates, how far along has the game come up to this point? Like 50% done or something like that? And how long do you think would it take for you to finish the game in its entirety? If you don't mind sharing of course.

Last edited:

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Speaking of updates, how far along has the game come up to this point? Like 50% done or something like that? And how long do you think would it take for you to finish the game in its entirety? If you don't mind sharing of course.
Oh, it's not 50% done. Maybe Meredith's story is a little over 50% done. Of the three main LIs, Brooke's story is just started and Nicole's story hasn't really been started at all. My definition of "done" is that all 9 LIs are completed. At the rate I'm going, I'm obviously years away from that.

Tommy7358

Jul 25, 2022
Oh, it's not 50% done. Maybe Meredith's story is a little over 50% done. Of the three main LIs, Brooke's story is just started and Nicole's story hasn't really been started at all. My definition of "done" is that all 9 LIs are completed. At the rate I'm going, I'm obviously years away from that.
That was quicker than I expected, thanks for the quick response! Oh I was just giving an example when I said 50% done. Looks like there'll be many more years of content to come. It's nice to see an actual game instead of another VN, not that there's anything wrong with VNs but some variety wouldn't hurt. Kinda gives me Leisure Suit Larry vibes though the only similarities between the two is that they are both sex focused adventure games, one moreso than the other.

Also, not 10 LIs? Can say that you have LIs in the double digits if you stretch for one more, heh.

Last edited:
Reactions: JorogrArt

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
That was quicker than I expected, thanks for the quick response! Oh I was just giving an example when I said 50% done. Looks like there'll be many more years of content to come. It's nice to see an actual game instead of another VN, not that there's anything wrong with VNs but some variety wouldn't hurt. Kinda gives me Leisure Suit Larry vibes though the only similarities between the two is that they are both sex focused adventure games, one moreso than the other.

Also, not 10 LIs? Can say that you have LIs in the double digits if you stretch for one more, heh.
After playing dozens of lewd games i clearly see that adding a lot of LI is a very bad idea, devs are overwhelmed with amount of work. If one day i will stop being lazy and start to do my own game it will be 3-4 LI. You can spice things up later, adding different paths(lovely/sub/dom) and interactions between LI, it will provide huge variability. Seriously, look at Summertime Saga, from all this LI's you have only Debbie route is OK (but i want much more scenes with her...).

Tommy7358

Jul 25, 2022
After playing dozens of lewd games i clearly see that adding a lot of LI is a very bad idea, devs are overwhelmed with amount of work. If one day i will stop being lazy and start to do my own game it will be 3-4 LI. You can spice things up later, adding different paths(lovely/sub/dom) and interactions between LI, it will provide huge variability. Seriously, look at Summertime Saga, from all this LI's you have only Debbie route is OK (but i want much more scenes with her...).
Well to be fair, I wasn't seriously requesting him add another LI just for a cheap marketing blurb or something. As for the number of LI, I personally think that 5-7 is the goldilocks zone for me; not so many that the content is too watered out while reducing the chances of someone's preferred archetype being left out/having multiple options of the same archetype.

Tommy7358

Jul 25, 2022
But hey, if the creator/creators thinks they can handle more than that, who am I to say they can't? At most we get to criticise them for biting off more than they can chew, it's a whole other story if you're a subscriber though.

Tommy7358

Jul 25, 2022
If you don't mind one more question before I stop bugging you for now? Are there no plans for content regarding the next door neighbours on both sides of our home? I know I just said a bunch about limiting LIs and all that but they sound interesting to have included, even Marie... Huh, is this what developers call scope creep?

Last edited:

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Leisure Suit Larry is a primary inspiration for this game, for sure. Even though I haven't played them in over a decade, I could probably finish Larry 1-7 without a walkthrough and without much difficulty. I remember when I downloaded purchased those games being told they were really raunchy... but they weren't really, even for the time. There's probably an argument that I'm subconsciously making the game I HOPED I was getting when I fired up LSL.

Well to be fair, I wasn't seriously requesting him add another LI just for a cheap marketing blurb or something. As for the number of LI, I personally think that 5-7 is the goldilocks zone for me; not so many that the content is too watered out while reducing the chances of someone's preferred archetype being left out/having multiple options of the same archetype.
I agree that a few, focused love interests is best. The problem with a game that has presented itself as a harem style game is that any time you introduce ANY female character at all, the player will presume that they are "on the menu" no matter what they look like or whether we've met or seen them at all. Certain characters I added primarily to provide a villain (Charlotte, Andrea). Others I added so we could omnisciently see Meredith's inner dialogue and feelings about MC (Esmeralda).

With the development bandwidth I have available to work on the game, I probably should've (in retrospect) made a game that either a) focuses entirely on Meredith and the two aunts, or b) a game that establishes a clear delineation that "family" characters are the only ones you'll have the most "luck" with and that all non-family LIs are Larry 6-style cock teases/femme fatales that you will never be with.

If you don't mind one more question before I stop bugging you for now? Are there no plans for content regarding the next door neighbours on both sides of our home? I know I just said a bunch about limiting LIs and all that but they sound interesting to have. Huh, is this what developers call scope creep?
That would definitely be scope creep, and a perfect example of what I was getting at above. The message you get from the house on the left (the stewardesses) was just a setup for perhaps my favorite joke in the game where MC says, "I wish I knew what it was like to live in a house with a pair of stacked blondes!" I don't remember what the message for the other house says--something about swingers, IIRC.

For the foreseeable future, it is extremely unlikely we will meet the neighbors, let alone have "relations" with them. When I finish the game and/or if the "team" grows, I may reassess. For now, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cheers!

Tommy7358

Jul 25, 2022
Leisure Suit Larry is a primary inspiration for this game, for sure. Even though I haven't played them in over a decade, I could probably finish Larry 1-7 without a walkthrough and without much difficulty. I remember when I downloaded purchased those games being told they were really raunchy... but they weren't really, even for the time. There's probably an argument that I'm subconsciously making the game I HOPED I was getting when I fired up LSL.

I agree that a few, focused love interests is best. The problem with a game that has presented itself as a harem style game is that any time you introduce ANY female character at all, the player will presume that they are "on the menu" no matter what they look like or whether we've met or seen them at all. Certain characters I added primarily to provide a villain (Charlotte, Andrea). Others I added so we could omnisciently see Meredith's inner dialogue and feelings about MC (Esmeralda).

With the development bandwidth I have available to work on the game, I probably should've (in retrospect) made a game that either a) focuses entirely on Meredith and the two aunts, or b) a game that establishes a clear delineation that "family" characters are the only ones you'll have the most "luck" with and that all non-family LIs are Larry 6-style cock teases/femme fatales that you will never be with.

That would definitely be scope creep, and a perfect example of what I was getting at above. The message you get from the house on the left (the stewardesses) was just a setup for perhaps my favorite joke in the game where MC says, "I wish I knew what it was like to live in a house with a pair of stacked blondes!" I don't remember what the message for the other house says--something about swingers, IIRC.

For the foreseeable future, it is extremely unlikely we will meet the neighbors, let alone have "relations" with them. When I finish the game and/or if the "team" grows, I may reassess. For now, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cheers!
Thanks for the detailed replies, don't have much to add except that I very much enjoyed my time with the game in its current state, wish there were canon sex scenes already but hey, the development of the relationships are more than good enough for me to enjoy the spank bank scenes as well.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Thanks for the detailed replies, don't have much to add except that I very much enjoyed my time with the game in its current state, wish there were canon sex scenes already but hey, the development of the relationships are more than good enough for me to enjoy the spank bank scenes as well.
Just as a semantic note, all of the Bonus scenes are "canon" in the sense that they will eventually graduate to become part of the story once the story is in place to reach those scenes. This is probably what you meant, but I often feel like some folks are working with a different definition of "canon" than I am. Non-canon to me is like "unofficial"--like the time in of the Star Wars novels where Lando Calrissian made hot chocolate for Luke Skywalker.

I only mention this because this next update, we're getting another bonus scene (Another One!) in the form of an Aunt Charlotte bonus sex scene.

Is the spankbank the whole gallery?
Yes.

Reactions: zartus and Pagdor

Tommy7358

Jul 25, 2022
Just as a semantic note, all of the Bonus scenes are "canon" in the sense that they will eventually graduate to become part of the story once the story is in place to reach those scenes. This is probably what you meant, but I often feel like some folks are working with a different definition of "canon" than I am. Non-canon to me is like "unofficial"--like the time in of the Star Wars novels where Lando Calrissian made hot chocolate for Luke Skywalker.

I only mention this because this next update, we're getting another bonus scene (Another One!) in the form of an Aunt Charlotte bonus sex scene.

Yes.
I'm sorry that I didn't make it clear in my writing, I know that the bonus scenes are further in the story than what's currently available, the context in those scenes make it pretty obvious.

Apr 14, 2019
I actually liked meredith so much that I ... skipped ahead (hehe) and ended up playing the actual game with post nut clarity . I loved it, brought me a few years back playing Monkey Island, Black Dahlia and the classics from Lucasarts. I don't get Larry vibes though , I think it has its own unique vibe, can't really categorize it as "something similar to X game "

4.40 star(s) 84 Votes