absynth3

May 4, 2017
When it's done. I don't give release dates because I'm one of those devs that frequently underestimates how much stuff is contained in that famous last 5% and my priority is to not releasing a buggy piece of crap. I will say "soon."

I think that in every community if you're active and giving updates should be more valuable than giving release dates. I appreciate your methods.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
I'm just happy at the authentic modem sounds
:cool: Not just authentic modem sounds, but authentic for the period. I want to say that 1200 and 2400 baud modems have the same "chirp" signature when handshaking (but I don't remember). There's also authentic floppy disk sounds, all of which I got from freesound.org.

Hi everyone
Is there a text speed mod for this game? cause it's so slow for me
Not yet, but the upcoming update will have an Instant Speech toggle to eliminate the artificial delays during dialogue.

Dec 15, 2023
:cool: Not just authentic modem sounds, but authentic for the period. I want to say that 1200 and 2400 baud modems have the same "chirp" signature when handshaking (but I don't remember). There's also authentic floppy disk sounds, all of which I got from freesound.org.

Not yet, but the upcoming update will have an Instant Speech toggle to eliminate the artificial delays during dialogue.
When is the next update?

A.J.

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
JorogrArt Can you check my save?
I can't trigger Aunt Charlotte at all.
Everything else is done (i think). I only need to start with her events, but idk what to do.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
JorogrArt Can you check my save?
I can't trigger Aunt Charlotte at all.
Everything else is done (i think). I only need to start with her events, but idk what to do.
I loaded this save game and the short answer is that this save game was created using version 0.2.3. Meredith's story (up to that point) was rewritten in 0.3 and this was the first and only time that I created a problem with save games. Many of the milestones you have are out of sync with some that were added. This is why when you open up the Meredith tab in the Quest Journal, it's blank.

There are three options:
1. It's perhaps possible to rescue this save by temporarily getting the magic wand (lower left corner of the inventory screen), using it on the trunk at the foot of MC's bed and clicking on all the Milestones for the mom to add them to your inventory. I would click on everything up to the foreclosure notice Milestone.
2. I can attempt to fix this save game, but I'll have to look at it in more depth to figure out what you're missing. I've rescued save games before when a user had the same problem.
3. If you can stomach it, there's the possibility of starting the story over from scratch. (which sucks, I know)

Reactions: eloveboot and A.J.

A.J.

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I loaded this save game and the short answer is that this save game was created using version 0.2.3. Meredith's story (up to that point) was rewritten in 0.3 and this was the first and only time that I created a problem with save games. Many of the milestones you have are out of sync with some that were added. This is why when you open up the Meredith tab in the Quest Journal, it's blank.

There are three options:
1. It's perhaps possible to rescue this save by temporarily getting the magic wand (lower left corner of the inventory screen), using it on the trunk at the foot of MC's bed and clicking on all the Milestones for the mom to add them to your inventory. I would click on everything up to the foreclosure notice Milestone.
2. I can attempt to fix this save game, but I'll have to look at it in more depth to figure out what you're missing. I've rescued save games before when a user had the same problem.
3. If you can stomach it, there's the possibility of starting the story over from scratch. (which sucks, I know)
Thanks, first option helped a lot.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
the dev is allday chatting here and no updates, so i told myself that the game is gone .
I pop in here every couple of days and pick a few posts to reply to in bulk. You might characterize that as "all day chatting w/no updates" which is an interesting perspective--some people think the Earth is flat. If you're interested in being a dedicated hater, I have a special "Audience Heckler" role in my Discord. We'd love to have you!

kadgilek

Aug 25, 2021
I pop in here every couple of days and pick a few posts to reply to in bulk. You might characterize that as "all day chatting w/no updates" which is an interesting perspective--some people think the Earth is flat. If you're interested in being a dedicated hater, I have a special "Audience Heckler" role in my Discord. We'd love to have you!
1703741482231.jpeg

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018
So, I've tried several times to get to the ghost. It always ends (except when I get too drunk) with the MC saying he's not going anywhere near that. I've tried in the Evening, and at Night. What am I missing?

Disregard! I found it!

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 84 Votes