Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
How can I trigger the mother asleep in the kitchen scene? I did all stuff from the WT but that scene never came.

Btw.: The sister is still "UnMet" in the contacts. Might be a bug as well.
the meredith sleeping scene takes place at the start of the game, after you clean your room, all clothes and trash can, she enters your room, when she leaves, go right to the kitchen and that scene will trigger

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Hi, congratulations on v0.2.0.
I wanted to point out that in MixDrop the download is about 92 MB and in WorkUpload it's 311 MB, there must be something wrong.

Edit: confirming it, Mixdrop's 92 MB download has less files than Workupload's 311 MB download.

Reactions: JorogrArt

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
i have a bug where i can´t exit from the conversation with scott
never mind is not standing there
can someone help pls ?
I'll take a look at this. Scott currently has the most "possible" dialogue tree options in the game. I didn't see this in my playthroughs, but it's possible you could have enough simultaneous available options that it pushes the Never Mind option past the bottom where it's capped. If confirmed, that's the nastiest bug anyone has found so far and I need to include that in the hotfix. If not, a screenshot would help point me in the right direction.

Hi, congratulations on v0.2.0.
I wanted to point out that in MixDrop the download is about 92 MB and in WorkUpload it's 311 MB, there must be something wrong.

Edit: confirming it, Mixdrop's 92 MB download has less files than Workupload's 311 MB download.
311 MB is correct for PC. I cannot vouch for the authenticity or integrity of any copies of the game found outside the places I've posted it which are here:

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Dumb question how do I exit the computer after using it? I tried the outer edges of the MC's computer screen, and even tried the power button on the (in game) computer monitor. I'm not seeing an exit option on the (in game) computer screen?

I'm currently at the point with Brooke's storyline where I was asked to hack the schools computer and change her grades. Only after using the hack program I can't exit the computer! Really embarrassing to ask...

Overall I like the game it has potential but only if the Dev can finish the game. To many times I've seen developers of solid games disappear, I get there's issues that happen in life which change up peoples plans. The artwork could use some fine tuning, but its good artwork, gives the game a unique look.

I'm sure too many people will complain since its similar to RPG Maker games, in the sense you have to click around to find clues or items. But the items and there use are fairly straight forward, IE, drinking whiskey to build up courage. Or drinking too much only to blackout and not remember what happened or why your jaw hurts o_O

TheKing93

May 18, 2017
I'll take a look at this. Scott currently has the most "possible" dialogue tree options in the game. I didn't see this in my playthroughs, but it's possible you could have enough simultaneous available options that it pushes the Never Mind option past the bottom where it's capped. If confirmed, that's the nastiest bug anyone has found so far and I need to include that in the hotfix. If not, a screenshot would help point me in the right direction.

311 MB is correct for PC. I cannot vouch for the authenticity or integrity of any copies of the game found outside the places I've posted it which are here:
yes there to many dialog option avaible , so i can´t see the nevermind option

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Dumb question how do I exit the computer after using it? I tried the outer edges of the MC's computer screen, and even tried the power button on the (in game) computer monitor. I'm not seeing an exit option on the (in game) computer screen?

I'm currently at the point with Brooke's storyline where I was asked to hack the schools computer and change her grades. Only after using the hack program I can't exit the computer! Really embarrassing to ask...

Overall I like the game it has potential but only if the Dev can finish the game. To many times I've seen developers of solid games disappear, I get there's issues that happen in life which change up peoples plans. The artwork could use some fine tuning, but its good artwork, gives the game a unique look.

I'm sure too many people will complain since its similar to RPG Maker games, in the sense you have to click around to find clues or items. But the items and there use are fairly straight forward, IE, drinking whiskey to build up courage. Or drinking too much only to blackout and not remember what happened or why your jaw hurts o_O
I just checked 4:3 aspect ratio (1280x1024) and that scene is bugged in that resolution specifically to where you can't exit. I'll add that to the list of things to hotfix because it means you cannot complete Brooke's route. I'm going to eventually scrap the whole "hotspot at the side of the screen to exit" mechanic and go with a simple "Exit" button on closeups.

yes there to many dialog option avaible , so i can´t see the nevermind option
Okay. Just so I fully understand, is the Never Mind option scrolled past the bottom of the screen or is it just not an available option? Also, what resolution/fullscreen setup are you using?

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I just checked 4:3 aspect ratio (1280x1024) and that scene is bugged in that resolution specifically to where you can't exit. I'll add that to the list of things to hotfix because it means you cannot complete Brooke's route. I'm going to eventually scrap the whole "hotspot at the side of the screen to exit" mechanic and go with a simple "Exit" button on closeups.
That sucks but it's not a big deal, the game will get perfected, and you as the dev are going through the process all devs go through, as they always say, you can only learn from experience.

I did have a widescreen LCD TV/monitor but the L.E.D'S burnt out so I'm stuck with a 4:3 standard LCD monitor.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Not sure if this is a bug or I just click too fast
It disapeared once the next "Quest....." took its place
View attachment 1545760
I have not been able to duplicate this so far. My best guess is it's some sort of race condition caused by fading in the banner during Lucy's dialogue screen and then being forcibly being ejected from that scene back to the basement scene where the code that's supposed to make the Quest Progress banner fade out isn't being run. I'll keep trying, but I will probably implement a blunt solution for this issue and cross my fingers.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
I have not been able to duplicate this so far. My best guess is it's some sort of race condition caused by fading in the banner during Lucy's dialogue screen and then being forcibly being ejected from that scene back to the basement scene where the code that's supposed to make the Quest Progress banner fade out isn't being run. I'll keep trying, but I will probably implement a blunt solution for this issue and cross my fingers.
Thanks
A quick suggestion
unless you already have a way
A way to skip dialogue would be a nice feature

TheKing93

May 18, 2017

Okay. Just so I fully understand, is the Never Mind option scrolled past the bottom of the screen or is it just not an available option? Also, what resolution/fullscreen setup are you using?

I don't know, I definitely can't see it.
I've tried all the resolutions and don't see it anywhere

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
@JorogrArt

The game is good, but i feel like it's taking the same direction as Milftoon's game, where progression is illogical to everyone but the creator because of the lack of hints.

It takes away a lot of the experience, to have a walkthrough open next to the game to know what to do.

Milftoon didn't do it early on, and just continued on instead of bothering. Please don't do that.

Reactions: deltavega

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
@JorogrArt

The game is good, but i feel like it's taking the same direction as Milftoon's game, where progression is illogical to everyone but the creator because of the lack of hints.

It takes away a lot of the experience, to have a walkthrough open next to the game to know what to do.

Milftoon didn't do it early on, and just continued on instead of bothering. Please don't do that.
Respectfully, I can't say I agree with this assessment. There are certainly valid criticisms of individual puzzles (the basement courage puzzle and that wad o' cash puzzle come to mind), and there are some scripted events that require you to either go to sleep or arrive at a specific time. However, it sounds like you're making a broad critique about the overall approach.

I certainly didn't design the game's puzzles to require a walkthrough nor would I recommend having one open while playing. A couple of people finished the new content within hours with no walkthrough.

Granted, I created the game so I can't know the experience of playing the game fresh, but from my perspective, between the added quest popups, the journal system, and MC soliloquys, I think there's enough to nudge the player in the right direction.

I'm of course open to hearing thoughts on this topic. I'm particularly interested in specific examples where the progression is illogical to everyone but the creator. If there are issues in this area, I'd like to identify them and address them while the game is still young.

Reactions: Danaelfer

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Thanks
A quick suggestion
unless you already have a way
A way to skip dialogue would be a nice feature
I agree. I'll add that to the wish list of quality-of-life features. I've got several qol things of this nature that people have asked for and I want to determine priorities for these things and eventually get them into the game.

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
Respectfully, I can't say I agree with this assessment. There are certainly valid criticisms of individual puzzles (the basement courage puzzle and that wad o' cash puzzle come to mind), and there are some scripted events that require you to either go to sleep or arrive at a specific time. However, it sounds like you're making a broad critique about the overall approach.

I certainly didn't design the game's puzzles to require a walkthrough nor would I recommend having one open while playing. A couple of people finished the new content within hours with no walkthrough.

Granted, I created the game so I can't know the experience of playing the game fresh, but from my perspective, between the added quest popups, the journal system, and MC soliloquys, I think there's enough to nudge the player in the right direction.

I'm of course open to hearing thoughts on this topic. I'm particularly interested in specific examples where the progression is illogical to everyone but the creator. If there are issues in this area, I'd like to identify them and address them while the game is still young.
Granted it is a broad critique, but one i believe is shared. And while your game makes a fuckton more sense than some others, i think the fact you've played a lot of those classic point and click games has your logic make sense in a different way.

Hard to think of an example off the top of my head right now. But mainly how does action A relate to action B, to action C, and what is the end result aimed for with the actions.

Jerk it at night, time is right. You do that, but nothing really happens. Turns out you gotta talk to her at the same night, to trigger the sex event.
The keep interacting with a object, to get the desired outcome. Is not apparent either.
.. To be solution minded, when having the option menu open, any progression interaction could be highlighted? Could even be an option "Enable Interaction Hints", so the puzzle solvers wouldn't be affected by the wants of progression minded people like me who just go by trial and error mostly.

Either way, i like the uniqueness of the game dude! One of very few i have bookmarked, to keep playing.

Reminds me of..
You are standing in the cavern of the evil wizard. All around you are the carcasses of slain ice dwarfs.

Reactions: LegnaEgor

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Folks, I'm working on a hotfix and here are the items I've identified:

1) Fix Brooke's Status: field in her journal (always Unmet)
2) Add a "You hear voices in the kitchen" proclamation when you enter the Living Room and Meredith and Brooke are in the kitchen discussing report cards
3) Fix a bug where Scott's dialogue tree can go off the end of the screen (too many options)
4) Fix a bug where an I See Dead People quest progress banner from Lucy's quest line will get stuck on the screen.
5) Fix Jasmine phone number not showing up in the phone interface
6) Fix issues with Jasmine's journal hints
7) Use day shader in the phone interface so MC isn't sitting awkwardly in the dark when he's calling people
8) Fix "Meet me upstairs" line attributed to MC instead of Meredith from hug in the kitchen
9) Adjust side and top hotspots in Computer closeup Interface so 4:3 aspect ratio (1280x1024) can exit the screen
10) Modify the "Stay Strong" option when Brooke and Jasmine are persuading you to fix Brooke's grades so you get the same "fan service" as the "Let's See 'Em" option.
11) Narrator dialogue when you try to use the map indoors
12) Fixed a bug on first day where it says you have already showered when you haven't
13) Fix issues with Jasmine's journal.
14) Improve vague hints in Meredith's journal (no more Wait For It...).
15) Add Silhouette showing where the door to Mom's room is.
16) Remove weird artifacts from disclaimer screen (opening the game)
17) Fix not being able to pan over to Mom's bedroom door in 3:2 aspect ratio (1280x1024)
18) Fixed game map centering issue in 3:2 aspect ratio (1280x1024)

Will edit this post if anything new is found.

Last edited:

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
I don't know, I definitely can't see it.
I've tried all the resolutions and don't see it anywhere
If you can find the time, a screenshot would be incredibly helpful and give me full confidence that I've actually addressed this (I've not been able to recreate it).

Reactions: Danaelfer
4.40 star(s) 84 Votes