JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Can’t advance Meredith.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's an issue with the Rosé option the aunt has by default. She's supposed to talk your ear off and you leave without getting anything when you choose that wine (Rosé is supposed to be the "useless" option). You need to bring her better wine options (of course you have to find them first) and use those to advance (depending on what you're trying to get out of her). Admittedly the hints could be better here and the talk option should give you something. I will probably need to hotfix for this...

Last edited:
Reactions: Noce and asko06

Chrysaler

Dec 24, 2017
There's an issue with the Rosé option the aunt has by default. She's supposed to talk your ear off and you leave without getting anything when you choose that wine (Rosé is supposed to be the "useless" option). You need to bring her better wine options (of course you have to find them first) and use those to advance (depending on what you're trying to get out of her). Admittedly the hints could be better here and the talk option should give you something. I will probably need to hotfix for this...
Wine? I only found one in the kitchen but that's a wrong one

helljack

Oct 1, 2017
So I restarted the story, as suggested, and I have got to a part where the guide says "Maybe there's a way you can help her relax" for Meredith. I can't seem to massage her, and when I click the oil button on her, nothing happens. Kissing practice doesn't seem to help, even after I got her to remove her sweater, either.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Wine? I only found one in the kitchen but that's a wrong one
I really thought that the hover-over labels would make this quest stupid-easy, but a lot of people are having trouble with this. I'm going to have to do something about it in a hotfix. There are unopened bottles of wine locked up somewhere in the house.

So I restarted the story, as suggested, and I have got to a part where the guide says "Maybe there's a way you can help her relax" for Meredith. I can't seem to massage her, and when I click the oil button on her, nothing happens. Kissing practice doesn't seem to help, even after I got her to remove her sweater, either.
You have to join her on the couch in the evening. There's two things you have to do and you can do them in either order. In the kitchen, if you use the wine glasses, MC will go offscreen and get a glass of Chardonnay. The other you should be able to figure out through trial and error while she's on the couch.

Has anyone got to the part where it says "You wonder what Meredith is up to..."? I be on here for like 2 hours trying to advance
If that's the part I think it is, you have to go find her in the house in the morning.

helljack

Oct 1, 2017
Alright, so having gone through this update to completion (the Meredith storyline, anyway), I'll give some feedback.

Firstly lets get the bugs out the way:

I seem to have accidentally triggered what may have been some form of debug menu, where I can cause Scott to show up by choosing an option on this menu that showed up at midnight, clicking on Brooke's portrait. Never got it to pop up again. He was doing his buying stuff scenario.

Seems to be some minor graphical bugs on the MC when kissing Meredith. Part of his torso looks to be missing. Not sure if it was like that before.

Meredith's sprite has pubic hair. Her pussy does not in the bonus scene. More of a character inconsistency than a bug I guess.

Some minor improvements:

The chardonnay confusion is probably just my own stupidity, but you could either make the guide slightly more clear on that, or alternatively alter the text for MC to suggest grabbing a glass and getting some chardonnay if you click the wine bottle.

A lot of people seem to be lost when it comes to finding these mysterious keys, mostly for the wine, but there is the watch as well. Maybe MC should comment that the key should be somewhere in the room he's in.

Overall feelings:

I like the rework for the most part. Took a bit too long for the content in it, but hey it's free, and it's largely made by one guy. I can't really complain that much. It seems like you're already aware of this anyway (unlike a few devs).

I like the new pace, and think that the couple of H scenes were of good quality. I am interested in the direction with Aunt Charlotte. Also, I am a fan of Aunt Irene as a side character. Also enjoyed the improvements in the quest to get money for Meredith, even if it doesn't appear to be complete, with Brooke's part not implemented yet. Nice addition of the pro tips, as well.

If there is one suggestion I can give directly related to the content, it would be to try and throw in a late stage bonus scene, like the one with Meredith. That is, whilst we remain in the pre vaginal sex time period of the story. I already suggested this when Brooke's update came out. For example, take the boobjob scene, which right now only has the MC suggest going all the way in the actual game, and put a variation that has full sex, that would be found later in the game (that is, if that is what that scene leads into, I don't know), into the spank bank version. I know these animations take probably the longest amount of time and largest amount of effort, but it just sort of throws the audience a bone each update. Kind of placates them a bit when it comes to these long update times.

Other than that, I love what you're doing. This has the potential to be a great game. It's got some great dialogue, and some really good direction.

Reactions: JorogrArt

asko06

Feb 25, 2021
Five of a Kind RELEASE v0.3.0.0 (PC+Mac)
Notes
  • Given the nature of some bugs that have been found since release, I am going to have to put out a hotfix. Based on what has been found so far, this will take a day or two. The current game is winnable, but some of the issues could make it annoying to try a blind playthrough.
  • Since this update completely reworks Meredith's story, I strongly recommend starting from scratch and not trying to continue from saved games from v0.2.x. If you start from a 0.2.x save game or prior, you will probably have a bad time.
  • I am going to postpone publishing the update to Twitter, Itch.io, and other places until the hotfix is completed.

Proposed Hotfix (v0.3.0.1)
  • Fix a bug where drinking Rosé with Aunt Irene doesn't do anything when you talk to her. She's supposed to talk your ear off with endless, meandering stories.
  • The glass of Chardonnay will give a message when trying to use it on Aunt Irene.
  • Fix a bug where Meredith can be seen simultaneously changing and sleeping during the Afternoon when using the spying options.
  • Fix a bug where the "Peek during handjob" perk was mislabeled as "Mom's Open Door Policy."
  • Meredith initial conversation after cleaning your room Tidying Up option no longer removes that option from the dialogue.
  • Aunt Irene's hints are quite a bit more helpful.

Issues Others Have Seen But I've Not Been Able To Recreate
  • One player was able to get the Spank Bank in a state where the scroll buttons weren't active, making it stuck on the first 9 Spank Bank scenes (there are 11-12 in total). Try as I might, I cannot duplicate this.
  • One player said they couldn't unlock Aunt Irene's house, even after talking to Nicole about it.

Download
PC:
MAC:

4.40 star(s) 84 Votes