Ode Trendl

Jun 9, 2022
Finished Meredith's storyline. Here's some bugs and other stuff:

-When Scott comes over at midnight, the bell keeps ringing after you open him
-About Meredith's close up when she sits on the chest of the MC's bedroom, is it my impression or the quality is slightly worse than the previous version?
-I made a mistake and tried to do Tv zapping before the "learn more comebacks" quest began. I think that's what triggered a bug that caused, at some point, to stuck the Tv on that cop show, preventing me from learning the comeback against Brooke (thus blocking her entire questline).
-I actually never saw the massage sequence in my gameplay. I assumed it was removed, but if another user said they get to that point, then I'm confused.
-I also had a bug where the "make Meredith feel appreciated" quest appeared on my log before I actually spoke to her. This resulted in me first completing it, then Meredith telling me that she needs to feel appreciated, even with the "new quest" notice, even though nothing appeared on my log because the quest was already done. Maybe it's also related to the above.
-When I left Aunt Irene's house, I immediately saved the game and the navigation map disappeared. I was simply stuck there. Reloading didn't work to correct this. I luckily avoided the worse because I made dozens of savegames.
-Last but not least, Meredith has no legs in this part:

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017

-I made a mistake and tried to do Tv zapping before the "learn more comebacks" quest began. I think that's what triggered a bug that caused, at some point, to stuck the Tv on that cop show, preventing me from learning the comeback against Brooke (thus blocking her entire questline).
-I actually never saw the massage sequence in my gameplay. I assumed it was removed, but if another user said they get to that point, then I'm confused.
-I also had a bug where the "make Meredith feel appreciated" quest appeared on my log before I actually spoke to her. This resulted in me first completing it, then Meredith telling me that she needs to feel appreciated, even with the "new quest" notice, even though nothing appeared on my log because the quest was already done. Maybe it's also related to the above.
I encountered the same issues with the game. The part about "make Meredith feel appreciated", in my case I completed all gestures (once I did the first the quest appeared in the journal) and then when I spoke with her in the kitchen asking "how are you", the quest notice appeared on the screen (but not in the journal, since I already completed it I suppose)

Also, in the Aunt Irene scene with Chaublis after you select to show her your cock , no command seemed to work except for Exit (no look at, no talk, no touch, etc)

Finally, is the time-traveling girl actually in the game? I found the MC referencing to her in the last Meredith scene, but I never triggered her appearance... what do I need to do to meet her?

Last edited:

Ode Trendl

Jun 9, 2022
Also, in the Aunt Irene scene with Chaublis after you select to show her your cock , no command seemed to work except for Exit (no look at, no talk, no touch, etc)
There was a quick "in construction" banner in that scene, maybe you didn't see it. So at least that is going on as expected.

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
There was a quick "in construction" banner in that scene, maybe you didn't see it. So at least that is going on as expected.
Not so unlikely, maybe my attention was elsewhere at that moment ;)
Jokes aside, it just seemed weird that I could start the scene and then the only interaction working was the exit button, I expected it not to start in the first place, hence my doubt it was a bug instead.

• Haha
Reactions: Ode Trendl

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020

-When Scott comes over at midnight, the bell keeps ringing after you open him
-About Meredith's close up when she sits on the chest of the MC's bedroom, is it my impression or the quality is slightly worse than the previous version?
-When I left Aunt Irene's house, I immediately saved the game and the navigation map disappeared. I was simply stuck there. Reloading didn't work to correct this. I luckily avoided the worse because I made dozens of savegames.
-Last but not least, Meredith has no legs in this part:
Folks, obviously I've got several issues to address. I've already fixed many of the issues reported. These will take a day or two to address #GrowingPains.

Chrysaler

Dec 24, 2017
I really thought that the hover-over labels would make this quest stupid-easy, but a lot of people are having trouble with this. I'm going to have to do something about it in a hotfix. There are unopened bottles of wine locked up somewhere in the house.

You have to join her on the couch in the evening. There's two things you have to do and you can do them in either order. In the kitchen, if you use the wine glasses, MC will go offscreen and get a glass of Chardonnay. The other you should be able to figure out through trial and error while she's on the couch.

If that's the part I think it is, you have to go find her in the house in the morning.
I found the wine I think the flower on top of the cabinet is standing out a little bit

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
I don't want to appear like I'm pressing you. I report everything simply to be sure you are informed about it. Take all the time you need of course
Oh, I definitely want to make sure as many bugs are found as possible so it maximizes the likelihood I'll only have to make one hotfix (and I can fully move onto the next update). Thank you and everyone for finding the things that they've found!

I've opened up the post on SubscribeStar to the public with the v0.3.0 links and I'm keeping a list of the things that have been found and that I've verified.

Cheers!

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
I seem to have accidentally triggered what may have been some form of debug menu, where I can cause Scott to show up by choosing an option on this menu that showed up at midnight, clicking on Brooke's portrait. Never got it to pop up again. He was doing his buying stuff scenario.
Do you remember which room the menu popped up in? (Edit: It's when you leave Lucy's portrait when accessed clicking on her floating boobs under Brooke's picture--FIXED)

The chardonnay confusion is probably just my own stupidity, but you could either make the guide slightly more clear on that, or alternatively alter the text for MC to suggest grabbing a glass and getting some chardonnay if you click the wine bottle.
I regret putting so many instances of wine in the game. To mitigate this I'll add hints for each one. For example, if you try to give the glass of Chardonnay to Aunt Irene, she will tell you that Chardonnay gives her a headache but that she remembers it's Meredith's favorite wine. Also I might just remove that spoiled bottle that's visible in the kitchen and put something else there.

Overall feelings:
I like the rework for the most part. Took a bit too long for the content in it, but hey it's free, and it's largely made by one guy. I can't really complain that much. It seems like you're already aware of this anyway (unlike a few devs).
I try to be very transparent about the "one-man band" situation and every now and then broadcast a "this is what to expect in the next" build list, so that expectations are set appropriately. When I started, I only offered 1$ and 3$ tiers on SS and I had to be persuaded to put in a $5 tier.

I would love to be able to quit my day job and work on this game full time so I can make it faster. A guy can dream, amirite?

I like the new pace, and think that the couple of H scenes were of good quality. I am interested in the direction with Aunt Charlotte. Also, I am a fan of Aunt Irene as a side character. Also enjoyed the improvements in the quest to get money for Meredith, even if it doesn't appear to be complete, with Brooke's part not implemented yet. Nice addition of the pro tips, as well.
I did not anticipate Aunt Irene (or Aunt Charlotte for that matter) would be as well received as they have been. If I could start over again, I would probably eliminate (or combine) some of the other younger characters.

If there is one suggestion I can give directly related to the content, it would be to try and throw in a late stage bonus scene, like the one with Meredith. That is, whilst we remain in the pre vaginal sex time period of the story. I already suggested this when Brooke's update came out. For example, take the boobjob scene, which right now only has the MC suggest going all the way in the actual game, and put a variation that has full sex, that would be found later in the game (that is, if that is what that scene leads into, I don't know), into the spank bank version. I know these animations take probably the longest amount of time and largest amount of effort, but it just sort of throws the audience a bone each update. Kind of placates them a bit when it comes to these long update times.
After assessing the two updates that I've put out, I definitely want to prioritize (explicit) Spank Bank scenes being added to the game on a regular/predictable basis. A bonus scene for Brooke being added for completing her existing content is a very high priority.

Part of the challenge in developing this game is making sure the elements I want in there (story, actual puzzles, humor, and of course sexytime) are being serviced. IMO, Brooke's update lacked sexy time but had strong puzzles & humor. v0.3 was a lot better in terms of story and sexy time, but didn't really add any strong puzzles.

This game is kind of a weird creation because it's an adventure game and a wincest game. Players that are just looking to fap might not have the patience to get stuck on a legit adventure game puzzle for 2 hours and it's not like players just looking for a good adventure game are going to overlook the wincest content.

Other than that, I love what you're doing. This has the potential to be a great game. It's got some great dialogue, and some really good direction.
Thank you so much for the thoughtful post. Cheers!

Last edited:

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Is the gallery up to date with all of the scenes available in game?
I'm not sure what you mean. I had one player report that the Spank Bank only shows the first 9 scenes and that you can't scroll to the new ones. Try as I might I cannot duplicate this.

There are currently 11* Spank Bank scenes:
  1. Meredith Kissing
  2. Meredith Handjob
  3. Meredith Blowjob (MC Room)
  4. Meredith Blowjob (Kitchen)
  5. Meredith Titjob
  6. Meredith "Bonus" Scene
  7. Meredith Haircut
  8. Brooke Wrestling Dream
  9. Brooke ENF Dream
  10. Lucy Cowgirl
  11. Irene Blowjob
12. Meredith 3D Easter Egg

Hi there guys. Can i run it on win 32 bit?
I only generate builds for Windows-64 and MacOS. I'm not sure the game would even run on Windows 32-bit (I'm assuming something like Windows 7).

helljack

Oct 1, 2017
Do you remember which room the menu popped up in?
Upstairs hallway, at midnight, I think the ghosts boobs were sticking through the wall just below Brooke's portrait as well. Clicked on the portrait. Never managed to recreate it.

4.40 star(s) 84 Votes