Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
Time to see what kind of secret scenes i can come across, if there is new content

playing with an old save and having the same problem
JorogrArt said some where, can't remember where, think it was patch notes, but if you use an old save, you will run into problems/bugs, you will have to start a new game.

Edit: it was the patch notes where i saw it at when i was reading them

from the notes
-Since this update completely reworks Meredith's story, I strongly recommend starting from scratch and not trying to continue from saved games from v0.2.x. If you start from a 0.2.x save game or prior, you will probably have a bad time.

Reactions: JorogrArt

necrus1

Sep 3, 2020
I'm stuck again because I don't know how to get the $2000, I know I have to sell things to Scott but I can't find anything

Last edited:

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
I've had to restart it in both of the previous updates
Respectfully, there's only been one update prior to this one and v0.2 did not break save games from 0.1, unless I'm missing something. In any case, future updates are unlikely to require restarting the game because I only plan on adding new story for the foreseeable future rather than taking a wrecking ball to an existing route (which is what happened in this update).

JorogrArt lol flush the toilet when someone is in the shower, good to see you added that in
:LOL: It just seemed like the right thing after Brooke's intro to follow her into the bathroom and flush the toilet.

Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
Respectfully, there's only been one update prior to this one and v0.2 did not break save games from 0.1, unless I'm missing something. In any case, future updates are unlikely to require restarting the game because I only plan on adding new story for the foreseeable future rather than taking a wrecking ball to an existing route (which is what happened in this update).

:LOL: It just seemed like the right thing after Brooke's intro to follow her into the bathroom and flush the toilet.
i sure did

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Has the changelog been posted or am I missing it?
I've updated the main post to add the ChangeLog for v0.3.0.0:

Changelog
  • Reworked Meredith's entire story and added a couple of new quests.
  • Added two new rooms to the house: Meredith's Bedroom and a Dining Room.
  • Added a new location: Aunt Irene's house.
  • Added two new characters: Aunt Irene and Aunt Charlotte.
  • All hotspots now have hover-over labels telling you what they are.
  • Added a "Pro Tip" system where a banner will pop up, giving information about certain mechanics. For example, when a hotspot action is repeatable, a Pro Tip popup will let you know that.
  • Expanded maximum number of Save Games to 64.
  • Increased MC walk speed by 20%
  • You can now rest in most places (not just your Bedroom or Living Room)
  • Exit Button replaces side and top hotspots (to eliminate aspect ratio bugs for closeups)
  • Spank Bank now shows "locked" slots, so you can tell how many scenes are in the game.
  • Quest Journal now capable of supporting multiple objectives.
  • Egg Hunt style quests will now report how many items you've collected and how many you need. Example: You have completed most home repairs [3 / 5]
  • Minor graphics enhancements in Brooke's second dream and Meredith "bonus" scene.

Last edited:

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
Started new game. I've talked to Scott in person but he has not called about the mannequin yet despite him even complaining about you not answering the phone when you exit conversation with him. Going by outdated walkthrough he should have called a couple days ago.

falordcry90

Nov 20, 2020
I can't seem to talk with the aunt after she lets me into her house and we have a drink. The diary says that she has money but there's no indication of how to acquire it... any suggestions?

Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
Started new game. I've talked to Scott in person but he has not called about the mannequin yet despite him even complaining about you not answering the phone when you exit conversation with him. Going by outdated walkthrough he should have called a couple days ago.
Her story has changed, playing the game now, once you get to a point in the story with meredith, he will call the mc , the phone in the mc room will be ringing, answer it, then meet him at the front door at midnight.

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
I can't seem to talk with the aunt after she lets me into her house and we have a drink. The diary says that she has money but there's no indication of how to acquire it... any suggestions?
Offer her the bottle of Zinfandel as a gift (you can find it in the dining room, search the conspicous plant on top of the shelf to find the key that opens the wine cabinet). Then come back and ask to drink a glass of wine, you will be able to choose the Zinfandel. Drink twice and you will get a message that says you feel more inquisitive. Now if you talk to your aunt you can ask her help getting the money

Jan 16, 2019
Thank you for your help but it still doesn't work. I think my gpu is just too shitty for true vulkan support. It's only a little intel integrated circuit. On the offchance that it should still work, here's what the terminal spits at me when I try to launch the game. Maybe you can make something of it, it goes way over my head. I do believe this is the same thing it output before I installed dxvk, so it doesn't even seem to reach that stage before aborting. I'm probably wrong on that, though.

Code:
001d:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\wineusb": c0000142
wine: Call from 0x7bc7c9e1 to unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.RtlPcToFileHeader, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.RtlPcToFileHeader called at address 000000007BC7C9E1 (thread 0016), starting debugger...
000f:err:service:process_send_command service protocol error - failed to read pipe r = 0  count = 0!
000f:err:service:process_send_start_message pipe connect failed
003c:err:module:import_dll Library CRYPT32.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\redacted\\Downloads\\Newfolder\\Five_of_a_Kind_v0.2.3-PC\\UnityPlayer.dll") not found
003c:err:module:import_dll Library UnityPlayer.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\redacted\\Downloads\\Newfolder\\Five_of_a_Kind_v0.2.3-PC\\Five of a Kind.exe") not found
003c:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Importing dlls for L"Z:\\home\\redacted\\Downloads\\Newfolder\\Five_of_a_Kind_v0.2.3-PC\\Five of a Kind.exe" failed, status c0000135
is a table which will tell you if your GPU supports vulkan. Basically, anything HD 500 series or newer should work.

I just tested the game in a clean wineprefix in Wine v7.12, and everything works out-of-the-box apart from the graphics. After installing dxvk, everything works. It looks like your errors might be the result of library overrides in your wineprefix, so if you haven't tried it already, I'd suggest you try to run the game from a new wineprefix.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Is there a full walkthrough

Currently I have following tips

I've already done what was suggested, but it doesn't seem to progress

Screenshot 2022-07-09 014618.png Screenshot 2022-07-09 014558.png Screenshot 2022-07-09 014538.png

Sniper010

Jul 17, 2018
I've updated the main post to add the ChangeLog for v0.3.0.0:

Changelog
  • Reworked Meredith's entire story and added a couple of new quests.
  • Added two new rooms to the house: Meredith's Bedroom and a Dining Room.
  • Added a new location: Aunt Irene's house.
  • Added two new characters: Aunt Irene and Aunt Charlotte.
  • All hotspots now have hover-over labels telling you what they are.
  • Added a "Pro Tip" system where a banner will pop up, giving information about certain mechanics. For example, when a hotspot action is repeatable, a Pro Tip popup will let you know that.
  • Expanded maximum number of Save Games to 64.
  • Increased MC walk speed by 20%
  • You can now rest in most places (not just your Bedroom or Living Room)
  • Exit Button replaces side and top hotspots (to eliminate aspect ratio bugs for closeups)
  • Spank Bank now shows "locked" slots, so you can tell how many scenes are in the game.
  • Quest Journal now capable of supporting multiple objectives.
  • Egg Hunt style quests will now report how many items you've collected and how many you need. Example: You have completed most home repairs [3 / 5]
  • Minor graphics enhancements in Brooke's second dream and Meredith "bonus" scene.
I have a simple question, please answer it. How long does it take for programming of your time to finish the update?

4.40 star(s) 84 Votes