JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
I had that hint and hadn't asked Scott about raising money yet.
If you DM me a saved game in this state, I will take a look at it. One of the reasons I keep the Milestone list is so I can tell what was done and what order, so if there's a bug, I can hopefully recreate it.

On Windows, saves are located in C:\Users\[your_username]\AppData\LocalLow\Something Something Studios\Five of a Kind.

dragarblaze

Jul 16, 2020
so i got the 1300 dollars from scott and i dont know how to raise money the rest of the way ive read that you talk to the aunt about it and she gives it to you but i dont get the option for that or am i missing something ? need hellp[lol

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
so i got the 1300 dollars from scott and i dont know how to raise money the rest of the way ive read that you talk to the aunt about it and she gives it to you but i dont get the option for that or am i missing something ? need hellp[lol
Different types of wine have different effects on her (and you). There are full bottles of wine locked away in the house.

also where do you get the silver locket for lucy
You have to go "digging" for it.

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
One of the best games in development here! I like this art and gameplay. The only frustrating thing is stupid dialog window, text (font with shadows) should go directly on art.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
One of the best games in development here! I like this art and gameplay. The only frustrating thing is stupid dialog window, text (font with shadows) should go directly on art.
Thank you. I don't understand the comment about the dialogue. Are you saying you want the text to not have the dark box underneath it? Wouldn't that make it hard to read?

Reactions: Radon671

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Thank you. I don't understand the comment about the dialogue. Are you saying you want the text to not have the dark box underneath it? Wouldn't that make it hard to read?
not if there are shadows/outlines, as it has been applied in many renpy games around.
imo as well few things are worse than having those often ridiculous "textboxes" :HideThePain:

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
not if there are shadows/outlines, as it has been applied in many renpy games around.
imo as well few things are worse than having those often ridiculous "textboxes" :HideThePain:
Hmmm. I don't play a lot of other games and this isn't something I spent a lot of time thinking about (maybe I should). Do you mean like this?

1658486927593.png

Reactions: Radon671 and Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hmmm. I don't play a lot of other games and this isn't something I spent a lot of time thinking about (maybe I should). Do you mean like this?

View attachment 1939115
yeah.
in renpy it is quite easy to add opacity sliders, change font colors etc...not sure how the things stand with unity though, yet getting rid of opaque textbox/container, or at least providing an option for players to choose from should be the way to go.

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
Yes, i mean exactly this. And to make text more readable there are fonts with shadows.

View attachment 1939115
Without textbox it looks MUCH better!

Reactions: JorogrArt

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
JorogrArt do you plant to make translations of the game? If that's the case, I could make the Italian version
I would love to have translations eventually. I talked with someone on here about doing a test translation of one scene, mainly to see how much effort would be involved. Somewhere on my hard drive, I have a build of the game with a French language toggle, but the only scene with any French dialogue is Lucy's closeup.

The main issue is the game is still early in development and I have a habit of tweaking dialogue if I'm just in a scene fixing bugs and I see a word that strikes me the wrong way. I'd hate to have someone spend the time doing a translation and then find out, "Oh yeah. I reworked all the dialogue in the handjob scene. Oops!"

For the near term, I'd like to better understand how Strings are stored in Unity/AC and see if there's a way to make them more accessible so that volunteers can do translations if they want.

Yes, i mean exactly this. And to make text more readable there are fonts with shadows.

Without textbox it looks MUCH better!
Thank you for the feedback. I will try this out and if there are no issues, it will be in the next update. Cheers!

Are you planning on releasing it on mobile?
I would like to, but I'm anticipating I will have to make a lot of design changes to make the game playable on mobile. The first thing I will do in the next month or two is make a test build for Android and then assess the playability. Things I'm certain are going to be issues on mobile:
  • There are some tiny ass hotspots in the game. The attic comes to mind and I'm sure there are others.
  • I imagine MC's computer interface will be frustrating impossible to use if you're playing on a phone.
  • The label-over-hotspot would be completely ineffective because there is no mouse. This would put the player back in the v0.2 era of having to click on everything to see if an interaction pops up.

Reactions: Ode Trendl

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Goddammit. Does everyone on this site want to fuck their own mom? I actually would've preferred "Land Lady" or "Mom's friend who is now your caregiver" since the screwing your own mom thing is kind of repulsive to me. Too bad, since the "mom" here is a descent enough character design. Just wish there was an option to not make her your "mom".

Last edited:

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Goddammit. Does everyone on this site want to fuck their own mom? I actually would've preferred "Land Lady" or "Mom's friend who is now your caregiver" since the screwing your own mom thing is kind of repulsive to me. Too bad, since the "mom" here is a good character design. Just wish there was an option to not make her your "mom".
I am also repulsed by the idea of screwing my own mom. Fortunately, Meredith looks nothing like her.

I've heard this complaint maybe a handful of times and I guess I don't spend much time thinking about how others will perceive the game who the game isn't specifically targeted at. My assumption has been that players will only come across this game and click on it if they're looking for "family style" content.

I'm not opposed to the idea of putting in an OPTION like you describe (it would default to mom/sis), but I would need to be shown that such an option has a certain level of demand, otherwise I'm spending a few days or more on something that could potentially only be used by like five people.

It would be amusing for someone to play through the game with Meredith as "landlady" and then she suddenly tells MC that he's "much bigger than his father." It sort of becomes a whole different kind of game. :ROFLMAO:

Are there any sex scenes??
There are between 2–10 sex scenes, depending on how you define "sex scene."

4.40 star(s) 84 Votes