Daz Fix for Gen9 hands?

Network 34 Games

Developer of The Accidental Master
Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Does anyone know of an asset or script that fixes the weird hand issues with the Gen9 female figures?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
You have a screenshot or any explanation? I've used a fair bit of G9 and have zero idea what you're talking about.

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Screenshot 2023-09-09 200822.png

it's only on the pinky here, but often it seems to be all of the fingers. Sometimes applying a new hand pose will fix it. but that's maybe only 50% of the time.,

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The immediate thing I look at when this kind of stuff happens is rogue morphs/wonky JCMs/etc. Is this happening on multiple figures or just this one?

The easy way is to load the figure with nothing but the pose in question. Go to the parameters pane > Hit the play button with the hamburger menu under it > Preferences > Show Hidden Properties > Make sure you're on the Parameters pane still > Currently Used.

Depending on the pose/figure, there could be quite a few there. Search through the relevant terms. Stuff like "hand", "finger", "carpal", etc. or just scroll through them all and see if any fix the problem. This is usually the problem more often than not, often rooting from a new asset that hasn't been fixed/updated by the vendor. Could have some kind of conflict in the pose settings, as well, but it's a bit unlikely as there's at least some QA by Daz.

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
it shows up on multiple G9 figs. You may also be correct though as this was made using some of the very first G9 characters that were released. I@ll look into maybe trying out new morphs etc and see what happens.