Tool Ren'Py Fixing Errors in Ren'py games (after UnRen)

geriatre

Aug 22, 2016
After using UnRen on a Ren'py game, sometimes there are errors that crash the game.

So I made a shell script to clean it up, it can be launched on Windows 10 with Cygwin, but it will also work with other versions of Windows (with Cygwin), and natively on Linux too of course.

What it does :
  • Finds the names of .rpy files in the errors.txt file generated by Ren'py when an error occurs
  • Deletes them

Very few games will still have errors after using UnRen and this cleanup script.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
not sure what's causing this... no good at Windows10 shell programming...
happens after the first run of any of the options and pressing 1 to return to menu. bat file located in same folder as game exe.

Code:
   ! Error: Cannot locate python directory, unable to continue.
            Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?

Press any key to exit...

xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
not sure what's causing this... no good at Windows10 shell programming...
happens after the first run of any of the options and pressing 1 to return to menu. bat file located in same folder as game exe.

Code:
   ! Error: Cannot locate python directory, unable to continue.
            Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?

Press any key to exit...
I've noticed this error too in a few games - I think it's the version of Python used - the batch file is expecting v2.7 and the game has v3, hence Python is not where it is expected to be located. I suppose I'll have to keep searching for an answer.

1663043976408.png 1663044025575.png

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Simply amend the script to first find the version of Python game was made with, then select the script for that version.