Ren'Py - FNAF: Security Overhaul [v0.4.4 Demo] [Isolatedartest]

1. 4.00 star(s)

SomeGuyNamedKi

Despite not being anywhere near finished it's one of the few visual novels I give a damn about. The dialogue doesn't make me instantly cringe and the art is excellent, the story of why and how you go around fucking animatronics is also pretty tolerable, so all I really want from this is just... more content of the same current quality.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Sir John Higglebottom

FNAF: Security Overhaul [v0.4.0 Demo] [Isolatedartest]
    Objectively speaking, I should not be reviewing this game because it is super early in development, and I am super biased because I really like the art style and concept. Some might even say I have no business reviewing the game since I loved it before I touched it. You are correct.

Story
    You are a security guard at the sexy Pizzaplex. You have just been moved from day shift to night shift, and it's your job to stop people from breaking in and messing with the new sexy FNAF: Security Breach cast. They specifically tell you not to bang them because that's been a common issue. Guess what the goal of the game is. Allegedly, your job also includes security and maintenance tasks, but that's not in the game. In a refreshing break from tradition, instead of doing the whole "Big Penis Mind Control Quasi Rape" thing, the MC does his best to make friends with the FNAF Gals, getting to know them and acting as a bit of a therapist for them. They all have fun, somewhat basic personalities (I wish they were more fleshed out, but again, super early access).

Freddy is a big, cuddly, and excitable teddy bear. Monty is angry and jealous of Freddy. Chica is the only one cursed with the memories of her past models and has full knowledge of all the horrible things that have happened at Freddy's. She remembers William, watching children die while powerless to stop it, getting a child stuffed inside her, and gaining the child's memories and knowing how it feels to be murdered. She remembers her futile quest for vengeance, killing innocent night guards with her friends, hoping she would eventually encounter the man who killed her and finally get the rest that had been denied her for so long. She remembers, and it haunts her, so all she can do is try to repress her memories and play the fool for the customers, pretending to be hungry and eat all the time to fill the void inside her. Roxy is the tsundere archetype.
    The story outside of that is primarily conversations with the girls, who are all fairly well written, so fair. Some areas could be cleaned up, but no Engrish or serious issues stick out to me now. I think that the central complaint would be that everything goes very fast. Roxy goes from not wanting to be near you to cuddling you in one day. Freddy shares secrets she's never told anyone else on day 2, and so on. It's an excellent structure; I'm just hoping they expand on it in the future.

The Structure
    It's still super early in development, so all of this is subject to change. You get a sexy FazWatch that shows you the layout of the sexy Pizzaplex. You find and click each FNAF gal to talk with them and spend some time getting to know them. The game and scenes are structured like a dating sim. You meet a FNAF Gal and ask them as much as you want before picking the button that progresses to the next set of questions, and you eventually reach a scene. There's one "finished" route and another in progress, but there's some good content there. The game is still very short, with five nights with Freddy, three with Roxie, and zero for the other two. I hope they either add more content to each night or increase the number of nights because while we got some good scenes and conversations with Freddy, it left me wanting much more.

Glitches
    Lots of early development issues. Freddy's gallery doesn't work, the game occasionally black screens, and sometimes you must ignore Renpy exception errors to progress. Also, in a truly immersion-breaking moment, Roxy only sometimes has nipple piercings. Another issue that is probably version-specific: if you get to Roxy Night Four and do it more than once, she has some strange placeholder models. It also sends you to a dark, empty void where you must press the escape key twice to space and then press space or control to return to the game. The only long-term bug that I noticed was that for Freddy, the choice that progresses the dialogue is at the top and has a "You can't go back; would you like to progress" warning if you touch it. Roxy does not have those things. Additionally, I am fairly certain there is supposed to be a sexy scene after the race portion, but it cuts off beforehand.

The Content
    So, a few artists worked together on the game, and they all fit fairly well together. There are some art style inconsistencies (Freddy's size, Roxy's nipple piercings, etc.), but nothing that takes away from the experience. Many of the sprites and scenes are still sketches because, again, everything is still very much a work in progress. I think that the major complaint here would be the same complaint used against dozens and dozens of early WIP games. I want more. The scenes we have are somewhat rare and mostly build-up (There is one penetrative sex scene), but what we have is good. It is very vanilla, mostly boobjobs and buttjobs from Freddy. Roxy has less, and the other two currently have no scenes. Some alternate outfits appear in specific scenes that are nice. Everything is straightforward to get to, and you can see everything this game has to offer in roughly 20 minutes or so.

The TLDR
    I never thought I would desperately want to have anal sex with the cast of Security Breach, but that's where my life has taken me. Obviously, I'm giving it 5/5 because I like it and think more people should see it. However, it is still early, so I would probably recommend waiting a few updates until there's more content, and we can see how it turns out.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

morty2301

it's alright, but still unfinished obviously. Though the sketches I do see of freddy at least I don't really like. Like I'm alright with the talking sprites but it feels like the scenes of actually doing the deed are just too exaggerated about the size difference to comedic effect (you can even see an example of the art when you look at the title screen) to where it barely does anything for me anymore, like I feel like it'd be more attractive if they actually just used sprites of when your talking in person and make it so your doing the deed with those sprites and the art would be alot better in my opinion but then again, might just not be my taste