VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Follow the Leader [v1.0] [SuperWriter]

1. 4.00 star(s)

UncleFredo

At SuperWriter's request I'm reviewing this VN a good deal earlier in its evolution than is typical for a VN I like. I'll update this review once the plot, content, and other aspects have a chance to mature.

Initially there were 3 main LIs (8,9,and 10). However it appears that Anoushka has garnered enough interest both with the author and readers to be added as a fourth. All the LIs are quite attractive both physically and personality. At this point 9 and 8 are competing for "best" girl, but my plan is to seduce them all.

Writing and plotting is solid. General pace of the game moves fairly well, but this is a slow burn with regard to the numeric LIs. It is technically excellent as we've come to expect from this developer.

If there was twice as much content I'd probably rate it 5 stars, but with so little intimate interaction I'm going to give it 4. That said I hold little doubt that a fifth star will be forthcoming at some point down the road.

This VN is well worth a try and I highly recommend it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

House Of Black

This game was already solid, but the presence of Anoushka makes everything better. She’s a total badass, I just hope she’s apart of the story moving forward as she’s my best girl now. The MC is trying to lead these former slaves to salvation and it hasn’t been easy so far, but they’re getting there. I have a feeling shits only gonna he more hectic as the story progresses. But I’m invested, I want to see how this ends.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Catherine♡

I enjoyed this game, you have a lot of choices but at the same time it's not hard to figure out the outcome of them.
    The girls are beautiful and they all have different personalities I couldn't choose a favorite because i liked them all(my luck this is a harem :LOL: ).
    The erotic scenes are well done, I didn't find them short at all and the angles don't disappoint.
    Can't wait for more, i curious where the story goes so far it's solid.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TheDick69+

An interesting game where the plot isn't "the run of the mill-stuff". There's some action that's really nice and you'll have to think about which choices you make.

The MC is a nice guy but but not a weakling (he's like me ;)), so that's one thing that I like. The LIs are just lovely and you can't help to like them also. The renders are good and the lewd scenes (not so much yet) is good to.

So, I can really recommend this game if you want to play a gaame where the choices makes a difference. Keep up the good work Dev! (y)
  5. 4.00 star(s)

SpyderArachnid

(Review based on v0.4a)

Tried some of SuperWriter's other games before, and couldn't really get into them as I'm not a big fan of incest stuff. But I did enjoy the writing and the characters they had at least. So when this game came along, I was eager to check it out.

The writing is really good and enjoyable. Game moves along at a nice pace (doesn't feel rushed or too slow), and the story is intriguing. At the end of each update so far, I am always curious what the next will bring. The characters as well all have their own unique personalities and quirks, keeping each interaction with them different and fun, instead of a bunch of cookie cutter characters.

Even the MC himself doesn't feel like the typical MC of other games (immature low IQ pervert with sex always on the mind who creeps on everyone constantly). MC is mature and intelligent, and has his own fun side to him as well at times. He has his moments of checking girls out, but it doesn't go overboard like in other games.

Plenty of choices as well, including who you want to be interested in without being forced on a path if you don't wish to. Haven't ran into any errors or bugs and the writing is fine and understandable.

Overall, the game is very entertaining and the story is well written along with the characters. I'd definitely recommend checking it out and giving it a shot. Don't really have anything negative to say about it, as I am enjoying everything it has so far, and excited for what comes next. ;)
  6. 4.00 star(s)

ImperialD

nice renders .... SW it seems you always come up with unique stories that keep people interested .... well me especially .. love unique stories ....
    interactions between characters makes the story .. as always ... i wish quite a few others would take your insight into writing stories as you do (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3250193

What a gem this is. Honestly, really glad I gave it a shot because it's refreshingly well-written. Played up through .4, and it's been a solid, slow burn that just feels right. This is some of the best dialogue in an adult game I've seen (though sometimes the small narrative parts feel like they've not had as much care shown them). Characters are well thought-out, though the MC sometimes feels like he's having an identity crisis, but even that feels deliberate rather than a mistake on the writer's part, so I'm giving it a pass.

I'd say the only weak part of this particular AVN are the renders, and even those aren't bad. They're solid, though some minor clipping issues here and there are visible, and I'd very much like the dev to experiment a little more with lighting. They aren't quite reaching the standard set by the writing, though. But the writing makes this one absolutely worth a play.

Hoping to see some more world-building in future updates. I feel like I don't yet have a grip on the setting, but perhaps that will change. For now, the characters are my reason for staying.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

there

Excellent game: Lovely ladies with beautiful renders with an inspired world (some inspiration probably comes from black lagoon) making the story of the game the highlight of the experience.

I like such an original take on such games so I hope that the lovely author continues doing this. I wish the author the very best.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

GoogeSG123

GOAT Stuff . Wonderful world-building, beautiful creativity. A unique story, not the same old horny teenage boy fucks/blackmails everyone bullshit. Render is not extremely great but hey, the story more than make up for it. Wishing SuperWriter will keep the POV only stuff tho
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Alteni

Gameplay : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Story : ✭✭✭✰✰
    Spelling : ✭✭✭✭✰
    renders : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Animations: ✭✭✭✰✰
    Potential : ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Girls physique : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Graphic : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Creativity :✭✭✭✭✰
    Note :
    I love it ! all the best to the developer,.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

I_Only_Support_Real_Onez

This is for v0.3. Renders are good as with every SuperWriter game. Writing and dialogue is where it shines. Theres a decent amount of content so far. The story is interesting so far starting as a 1 degree off of being a slave to being on the run and doing what you have to do to survive with 3 others.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Warhawk1

Another great game by Superwrtier.

Great renders and an interesting start to the story.
    Loved the 3 main girls, who are unique in their own ways but united by their thicccness and sisterhood .
    MC starts off as a pretty weak person(physically), I'm hoping that'll change.
    Would recommend it to anyone enjoy the devs others games.

Note
    Will try to update this as the story moves forward.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

AdanGC Mods

Another excellent game created by superwriter I love the story, I love the design of the girls, my favorite without a doubt is Ten .. and I can't wait to see how the story continues because with each new version it gets more interesting and I'm interested in discovering if they manage escape from the territory where you are so I hope to see more updates on this great game soon and of course I recommend it 100% if you are someone who is more interested in history than anything else this game is definitely for you since if you feel in True as the MC is developing that relationship with the girls.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

BabooJ1

To be honest, it's a little too early to comment on how this game will progress compared to the others that developer has created.

For the most part it is a good start and if dev can capture the same energy as his other works then I'm sure this will also be a great success.

Having a black lead (MC) is not new but rarely seen in games and the dev made a conscious in casting it this way. So kudo's for doing this.

The female cast each have the own unique personalities and you either like or dislike them. This adds a lot of depth to the cast and can be played out during any interactions you have between them.

For those that are looking for quick fap material will be sorely disappointed since dev is putting more effort into the story than wanton sex just for the hell of it. This isn't to say there won't be plenty of that in the future and I expect there will be. It's a sort of slow burn and concentrating on good story telling.

I look forward to seeing how the developer progresses the story and character development.

Keep up the good work SuperWriter.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

BraneJ

Follow the Leader is still in its early stage, but it already shows it's going to be awesome. It's refreshing seeing a game with different women who have different bodies and races, which is a plus for me. The renders are another plus: they're great. SuperWriter has improved his writing and renders a lot so far, and we can clearly see it in this game. I'm excited to see where the game is going to take them.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Shyguy1369

The story is just getting started and I already love the girls in this VN. SuperWriter always finds a way to make fall for these girls. His rendering has improved so much over the years, and the VN shows that. I like the fact we kind of steal the harem from a grade-A asshole, but there is no instant harem here. Two updates in and I am hooked yet again on another SW game. I definitely recommend getting in on this now, because I think Follow the Leader is going to be really fun at least it has started out that way. I can't say I have a favourite, but I love Nine at the moment, but I am sure SW will find a way to make me love them all the same as he usually does. So if you can add another VN, this one might be for you.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

peter12378

Nice renders, good writing, interesting story.

Why only 3 stars? For me, a story needs to be believable. A guy that was a slave for his whole life, knowing his master.

* He will risk his live for an unknown clone that was treating him badly? Obviously knowing that his master keeps refreshing his harem continuously? And within 1 day of his freedom? NO WAY.

* Clones being a few months old, only learning what they should. But still they know too much. Eight should already have been sorted out in the cloning facility, because of her obvious malfunctions.

There is not much needed to make the story believable. I feel that the dev intends to explain a lot in the upcoming releases. But that is not enough. When I go to cinema, I'll watch the movie to the end, and might (or not) be satisfied with the resolution at the end. Here, however, we have a VN that is released in parts. Not all answers need to be given in each part, but each part must be _believable_ in order for people to continue to follow the story. So, please, dev, give enough backround to make the story believable. More about clones, more about slaves. Maybe even more about dragons.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

oh45

[Based on v0.1; updated to v0.2, still holding at 4 stars]
    Solid start, but not much there yet. There's only a little bit beyond a prologue as of yet.

I expect that we'll also be learning more about the MC's missing mother, who is only "seen" in brief blurry flashbacks.

Renders of the three women match the quality of the dev's other games with similar generous curves; we've yet to find out if the MC is "overly developed".

Several select-menu-item-within-a-few-seconds needed to get the highest score with the companion women.